My professional development began right after I completed my undergraduate studies. I landed a position as an accounting analyst in a multinational organization, which exposed me to most aspects of the real workplace world. Throughout this experience, I was given an opportunity to learn new skills, expand knowledge and other abilities anyone in the industry should grasp in order to be effective and efficient. As I progressed through the accounting field, I realized that I prefer working in a structured environment and performed better in teams where members share knowledge and expertise openly towards common objectives.
Additionally, one of the greatest opportunities I have been given is a chance to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures. Working in a multicultural environment has given me a broader view of our world and an appreciation of my cultural differences in comparison to others. Also, this provided me with an opportunity to develop communication skills in order to be...
... middle of paper ...
...nd allow me to maintain good relationships with my colleagues. The first technique that appealed to me is the “fogging” technique. As explained by Sue Bishop in her book called “ Develop your Assertiveness”, with fogging, you are not necessarily agreeing with the criticism, just acknowledging that other person may have a point. You offer no resistance, so the other person has nothing to argue against[ Develop your assertiveness. Sue Bishop. Third edition 2013, page 117]. I am more comfortable using this technique, as I believe that responding to criticism by being defensive or counter-attaching does not help in most cases. The second method “the stuck record technique” employs the key assertive skill of 'calm persistence '. This is an especially useful skill to use when dealing with aggressive people[ Assertiveness and the manager’s job. Annie Philips. 2002, page 36]
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Placing information in context is benefit when making a decision. It is helpful to review the historical events and available information to create a picture of where to go next. The purpose of this paper is to review the personal information from the career assessments taken in HS 585 Career Counseling at Bellevue University. The review will focus on this author’s personal results. This paper will combine the assessments with the author’s personal history to provide a context for future career goals.... [tags: Career Goals]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Abstract Career counseling over the lifespan has more than an occupational focus, it deals with the person’s entire being with a vision that includes one’s lifespan. Career counseling takes into consideration character development, character skills, life roles, individual life and work history, goals, and obstacles. A career counselor not only assists a client with a career plan, but also with a life plan. This paper focuses on two categories of career counseling. The first focus is the history of career counseling as a field of study with the emphasis on when and why career counseling began (1800s as a study of how the shape of one’s head relates to vocational choice), who and what influenc... [tags: Career Counseling]
3630 words (10.4 pages)
- 1. Introduction Nowadays all activity that people do for daily routine related to the information technology. Definition of a set of information technology tools, processes and methodologies such as coding or programming, data communications, data conversion, storage and retrieval, system analysis and design, control systems and related equipment used to collect, process, and present information. In broad terms, also including information technology, office automation, multimedia and telecommunications. Information technology is the study, design, development, and implementation to support or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications, co... [tags: career opportunities, professional choices]
1497 words (4.3 pages)
- I have been constantly working with Microsoft Word to complete tasks for my financial modules, where I was able to create and enhance documents. After researching data, I created tables to illustrate my findings. Also, I have developed skills in Excel throughout my Financial Securities Valuation assignment by applying Excel’s formulas to construct a capitalisation-weighted index and an efficient portfolio. I worked with financial formulas for this assignment, in order to make portfolio calculations.... [tags: professional and academic choices]
2230 words (6.4 pages)
- ... This is a field which we encounter in our everyday life which involves with the buying, selling, discounting, marketing and promoting of finished goods and also the sharing of ideas is also a form of business, so nevertheless we all participate in business informally or formally in our day to day lives. Although business is a field of broad interest, I have particularly grown an interest in the managerial aspect of it which I find very interesting with a lot of demands, challenges and also the peculiar way of how it affect someones live both directly and indirectly.... [tags: interest, social, personal, development]
581 words (1.7 pages)
- ... The Home page should be more attractive than the other pages, here we can provide a small introduction about the company, top colleges/Universities, photos & various navigational links to other pages. When we come to the Services, Universities and colleges here we need to list of available colleges based on their ranking. This section also provide all varieties of visas. It can provide more information when the user, select an institute. FAQ page shows the most common questions and its answers.... [tags: project analysis and development]
1674 words (4.8 pages)
- It has always been my dream to pursue higher education. Unfortunately the cost to pursue this has been the determining factor in my inability to realize my dream. I have a keen desire to extend my knowledge and has always participated in short courses especially those associated with management issues. I have spend most of my career in a legal environment, and have under gone studies in areas of administration, office management and paralegal studies to better equip me in fulfilling the objectives of the Firm as well as for my own personal and professional development.... [tags: career, education, employment]
524 words (1.5 pages)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Vision Science from The University of the Incarnate Word is the first step in obtaining a Doctorate of optometry. What does an optometrist do. On a typical day an optometrist examines people’s eyes to diagnose eye diseases and vision problems, test patients’ visual acuity, perception, and ability to focus or coordinate eyes, prescribes prescriptions, contact lenses, and eyeglasses, and provides vision therapy or preoperative and postoperative care to patients in need of it.... [tags: Medical Careers]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- 65 Ijale Street Lawyer Estate, Agric, Ikorodu Lagos, Nigeria.... [tags: Management, Globalization, Economics]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Introduction Learning is a lifelong process and it creates various expectations for an individual regardless of the environment where learning occurs. This process creates many experiences both positive and negative which an individual can apply to novel situations in the future. It is not only restricted to classroom settings but occur in informal ways as well. Experiences outside the classroom may therefore seem more ‘authentic’ and grounded in ‘reality’ as is stated by (Waite & Pratt, 2011). In formal environments such as Primary and Secondary Schools, great emphasis is placed on curriculum objectives.... [tags: education, learning, adult education ]
1194 words (3.4 pages)