I started right away. I researched for designs for the cake, something elegant. Then I had to decide what flavor should the cake be, oh well, I chose chocolate. I thought it was the safest option. But I wanted it to have a twist, I went with putting two types of chocolate cake together, mousse on top of sponge. After I gathered all the information I needed, I had to go shopping. I went to various DIY cake shops to get everything I needed. Last but not least, I have to put all the things together.
First thing first, I have to do research. I went to bookstores and online to search for recipes and the design for the cake. You may choose to go to the library, but the book there are relatively old and the designs will be little dull. I did not purchase any books in the bookstore, I just took a picture of what I think is suitable. That way I can save some money since cook books are very...
... middle of paper ...
...ith the chocolate pen and add sprinkles on top and sides of the cake.
My mother’s birthday was just one day away, I have to hide it away so it would not be found out. I have to put into a deep conner of the fridge, covering up with sauces and drinks, hoping for the best my mother will not find out.
The day was here, I showed it to her, I saw the smile of her face. That was the best prize I have for making this cake to her. The whole experience was awesome, I know many of you may wonder that was not special at all. But to me, it was the very first time that I actually made something for my parents. Seeing my mother showing off her son’s abilities and warmness, as a young child, I was proud. Even though, there were many birthday cakes I had that were way tastier and much more stylish than mine, yet they all miss something, little sprinkles of love from a son.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 34 years post-plague, Vasquez Landholdings, Southern Texas, fall of 2073 ?Hey Giana, guess what. I?m going to give you a spanking!. ?What for. If you do, I?ll tell on you!. ?No one likes a tattletale and everyone knows that the birthday girl gets spankings on her birthday.. Crossing her arms and shaking her head, looking at her brother, attempting her best imitation of their mother, ?I don?t think so.. Raymond, leaning in close to his sister?s face, ?Ooohh is the little baby girl gonna cry for Mommy.... [tags: Anxiety, Mother, Debut albums, 2007 singles]
3313 words (9.5 pages)
- Part A On my 17th birthday, my Kiwi friends, Maya and Sammy wanted to me to spend my birthday with them and throw a party. However, as an Indian New Zealander who identifies more as an Indian, my birthday is always spent with family in customary religious rituals. I explained to my friends that “I’m spending my birthday with my family” and suggested to go out on the following day instead. I assumed that they understood however, they took it personally and asked my mother, in person, if I could throw a party.... [tags: Cross-cultural communication, Culture]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
- This summer seemed to fly by as if it had never happened at all. Perhaps it didn’t. June had arrived in a heartbeat, considering I had my graduation to prepare for and has kept be more than occupied. July and August were Hell on Earth, and I can’t seem to change that it was all my fault. Now that September has graced us with its presence, I was finally able to move away from my home in Shenandoah, Louisiana, to move in with my aunt, Lorelei, so far away from home. Staying at home was a constant reminder of whom I am.... [tags: Family, Anxiety]
1849 words (5.3 pages)
- Sam's 19th Birthday - Original Writing "Oh no" said Liam " Sam's passed outâ€¦. again" He carried on while rolling his eyes " It's your turn to wake him up I think George". George turned his head around ignoring the TV for the first time in 5 hours. " Huh?" being his usual talkative self " What you want now. They're about to show David Brent again". Liam, also known as Limpit to his closer friends, turned on a sixpence saying, "If you don't wake up Sam, that pizza will become stuck to his face permanently." He nodded towards a slumped Sam whose head was immersed in a mixture of pizza dough, cheese and tomato sauce along with a few stray beans on the side.... [tags: Papers]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- The Birthday Wish - Original Writing Its Chloe's thirteenth birthday - she's in her bedroom sitting on the bed dressed and ready for her guests to arrive. Her thoughts show her excitement for the day's event. (Room is decorated with banners and lit by spot light) I cant believe it, its my birthday today - I'm a teenager I've waited for this day all my life, funny really I thought I'd feel so different but I don't. Mum's down stairs getting it all ready- buffet is done (small laugh) a very posh word for a spread my Nan says.... [tags: Papers]
442 words (1.3 pages)
- The Birthday Nightmare - Original Writing It was the misty morning of Charl's 21st birthday. Herself, her partner and her best friend were preparing to travel from dull-skied Trenton, their hometown in New Jersey to Glamorous New York to celebrate Charl's birthday. Her best friend Sarah was to drive the kitted out van and her partner Leone was to accompany Charl on their first travel from the time when they were at college. Now geared up, they set off to New York. The Dodge Durango STL was travelling down the B849 at a steady speed as Leone luckily escaped a fatal car crash when he was 11, so he was slightly uncomfortable about travelling on reasonably sized jo... [tags: Papers]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- It was December 4, 2014 and it was snowing outside. I was sitting at the kitchen table doing homework. All my family was downstairs, so I was all alone. My English teacher told us to write a paper about how I am different from my classmates. I was thinking about what in my life makes me different and slowly my whole life was playing like a movie in my head. The first memory that popped into my head was my fourth birthday party. It was supposed to be the best birthday ever. My dad was going to come.... [tags: Family, Mother, Debut albums, Father]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- When I was in preschool I can recall a lot of different small things and other things I remember with the help of my parents. When I was between 2-6 my family and I lived in our own house at the end of the street on the corner with a big yard. I had my own room right across from my parents room. My little brother also had his own room and my parents had their own room. My brother has the largest room but we also used it was a play area because it was big. One of my favorite toys my mom told me was teenaged mutant ninja turtles action figures.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Mother]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Every happy ending story has a rough start. March 7th the day I turn 18th, instead of taking me out to celebrate my birthday Donnie told me get ready and let’s visit a friend. At that moment I was so close not to go and turn him down, but I was curious about the friend he wanted me to see on my birthday. We arrived at Four Seasons Hotel in downtown, got on the elevator, and the elevator stopped at the 18th floor. Donnie took me to the room, and when he opened the door my heart stopped for a second, my mind goes blank and I just stood there frozen for a few minutes.... [tags: English-language films, Love, Birthday, Hotel]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Original Writing Imagine a world where anything is possible. Watch the clouds float by. See a city, pass through the streets crowded by a happy, cheerful people. Come to a square, a market full of haggling customers and bartering vendors. Follow a path north to the grander houses built with sweeping, elegant architecture. Look up towards a hill and an elephantine castle swarmed with towers topped with flying banners of green and gold. Look closer towards the closest tower, at the balcony.... [tags: Papers]
496 words (1.4 pages)
- Human Trafficking Is A Global Epidemic
- Personal Autobiography : The First Born Out Of Four Children
- Immigration Reform : An Essential Priority For Hillary Clinton
- Transformational Leadership Is Based On Self Interest, Inspirational, And Motivation
- Graduation Speech : A Speech
- The Importance Of Education, Resilience, And A Strong Work Ethic