The concept of a left brain/right brain is common when referring to neurology. It dictates that each half of the brain has specific functions in which it excels in – the left hemisphere in propositional, analytical, and serial processing of incoming information, and the right in its processing of images, parallel processing, facial recognition, and pattern and map recognition. Applied to real life scenarios, the left excels in maths, language, reasoning, and analysis, whereas the right in art and creativity . It was commonly believed that music involved only the right side of the brain, but this is not true. When playing an instrument, both sides of the brain are engaged in aspects of activity, as shown by table 1.0. These are all pivotal aspects in playing an instrument successfully. As a result, music’s dual-side tendencies increases the volume and activity in...
... middle of paper ...
...able in their abilities.
Music truly has the ability to shape a young child’s brain for the better, which will greatly affect them in the long term. However, this does not directly cause a student to be a high achiever – there are far too many factors that influence academic results. Even the smartest student with the quickest brain may receive poor results due to a lack of motivation, or poor organisation. And while music does aid in developing these skills as well as creating stronger links in the brain to help process information faster, this simply increases a student’s potential. It is entirely dependent on each individual student whether or not this potential is utilized. As a result, musical tuition certainly can have a correlation between academic results, and a positive one at that – especially if musical tuition began at or prior to the age of seven years.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- University of Southern California The University of Southern California started during the 1880’s, when Los Angeles was just a small town without electricity and paved streets. At that time, there were only 50 students and 10 teachers, but today there are over 43,000 students and almost 4,000 full-time faculty. Today, the University of Southern California is located in one of the most densely populated, biggest metropolises in the world. The University of Southern California is one of the most successful private research universities in the world.... [tags: Academic degree, Bachelor's degree]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Music skills that lead to academic success Music training formulates success in students academically because of the different skills and subjects learned and used in music. Based on my experience, I can say that this is completely valid. I have been involved in music ever since I was a little girl. I even continued with my passion throughout high school. In high school, I was a member of Sayville High School’s chorale. Chorale is a selected group of students who sing and perform songs in front of a large group of people.... [tags: Learning, Skill, Music, Musical instrument]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- The Effects of Music on the Academic Mind Music has always had a large influence in my life. From the time I was a child, I loved turning on the radio and dancing around. As I grew older I found that I could harness this musical energy and began to clean while listening to music in a creative mix of dancing and putting things away. I began to apply this method I found that cleaning became more desirable and I actually had a desire to clean if not, just so I could listen to music. I can’t recall when I first had the idea to apply music to studying, though I know that it started with reading.... [tags: Music, Psychology, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Pulse]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- As college-level institutions look for new ways to raise enrollment and plan for their academic future, prepaid tuition (PPT) programs have gained in popularity. The basic premise of PPT’s is that parents (or others) can enter in to an agreement with a college or university to buy future college education by prepaying at the existing tuition rates (Baird, 2006). Depending on the contract, these tuition rates may also include a premium. A tenant of this PPT requires that the parents make regular payments to the school to fund a college account for the student to use towards future tuition costs.... [tags: college tuition, college education]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- What single activity listed in the activity section of your Common Application are you most proud of and why. (150 words or less) My most proud activity is without a doubt is the “PeacefulK”. The reason is simple because PeacefulK is me, and something that represents my music to the people. It is something that I genuinely enjoy without actually earning any income from it. It shows to the people, and to addition to myself that this is me, and this is my music alone. Sadly, I have not been uploading any music for a while, but as the PeacefulK, I have still been making musical pieces.... [tags: Music, Musical notation, Musician, Tuition]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- Most of us go to college because we want to have a good future. We want to have a secure job when we get older, so we can have a happy live. There are a lot of sacrifices we may have to make to be able to graduate a four-year college to get degree. we may have to sacrifice socialization and laziness. There are a lot of people who would make these sacrifices, but they do not have the resources, such as money and car for college, even if they do have car they cannot afford college tuitions. The college tuition is the biggest reason most people cannot go to college.... [tags: College tuition, Tuition, University]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- From 1978 to 2013, tuition costs rose by 1,120 % in America. College costs are the highest in history and more students are going to college than ever before. Most people push for free tuition; however is that a viable request. Someone is going to have to foot the bill in the end. Multiple nations around the globe are also having difficulty finding a functioning price tag for a college degree. High tuition cost haven’t always been a problem. The State University of New York system, the largest university system in the nation relatively recently added tuition free.... [tags: University, Higher education, Academic degree]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- Should the university increase tuition fee. Currently, a debate about whether universities and colleges should increase their tuition fees has drawn a lot of attention and discussion among both the students and the faculty. According to the article, “The Struggle for Public Education in California: Coming Due: Accounting for Debt, Counting on Crisis,” the authors state， “Low income students have on average $2,000 more in debt than others. During the last ten years, average U.S. college tuition has increased about 8 percent (three times the rate of inflation) every year.... [tags: University, Student, Tuition, College tuition]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
- As an inquiring high-schooler, it can be extremely overwhelming when researching and finding out all that needs to be paid for. According to CNBC, schools are searching for topnotch staff and amenities that separate them from other campuses. This can not only create a reason to charge more for tuition, but also an allurement for their school to recruit incoming freshman. They also claim that the quickly ascending cost of Division I sports is also a huge play into the price of tuition. Since 1974, the average tuition and housing cost per-year has risen roughly $11,000 and continues to surmount at an average of 12% during this time (http://trends.collegeboard.org): on average, college students... [tags: Higher education, University, College tuition]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- College Education College education is a highly talked about subject among the presidents. For many years college education was not highly sought after or looked for, then when people who did go to college started getting better paying jobs than everyone else more and more people started to go to college. Since college is such a hot commodity these days the price of a college education is on a steady rise. Some experts have a very strong opinion as to why college education is on a rise and some believe that that it is not on the rise.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
2314 words (6.6 pages)