Device data leakage was another important concern from the results of the survey. Most concerns that were raised by the poll are related to sources of data leakage. Despite the that most business access privileges on mobile devices is limited to email and calendar items, modern business applications can still tap into any sources if the business accepts the risks (Yeh, Chen & Wu, 2012). Storing more corporate data on devices attracts the interest of cybercriminals who target both the device as well as back-end systems with mobile malware. A business that puts sensitive business applications on mobile devices must consider such risks.
The enterprise mobile security survey also rated malware attacks as an essential concern. Most mobile malware is SMS Trojans that are intended to charge device holders premium te...
... middle of paper ...
...asis for an electronic office to fight effectively against any malicious and also prevent information leakage. Most insurance sales agents will store important business and client data on the cloud servers or internal insurance system accessible through VPN terminals or their mobile devices which raise concern over password theft attacks, unauthorized data access, and sophisticated malware attacks. Century Longmai offers an Insurance Identity Solution that is based on smart card technology. The solution enables multipurpose personal security mobile device authentication thereby ensuring that a company can validate the identity of a person, insurance information as well as obtaining an overview the agents and the history of the end-user. The method is secure and costs effective for uniting vast information into one data source which is protected by advanced encryption
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Recently, there has been a reported surge in smartphone ownership, in the UK 51% of the population owning a smartphone , while in the US data show that about 95 million Americans used their mobile phones either as healthcare tools or to find health information. A recent research found that there are approximately 43,000 medical applications available online only in the iTunes store, and over 8,000 in the Google Play store, numbers that are growing by 150 percent per year . Statistics have demonstrated that on average, users check their smartphones every 6.5 minutes and each person has approximately 41 applications (apps) on the phone .... [tags: health apps, smartphones, medical apps]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- Mobile applications has taken the banking industry to another level. Mobile apps is a form of mobile banking that is the use of a cellular device to perform online banking tasks while you’re away from your computer. One benefit of Mobile banking is that it says individuals a lot of time. Instead of having to go to the nearest bank you can do just about anything you need to do at the bank on your cellular device, instead of making cash deposits and withdrawals. A few tasks that individuals can do while accessing mobile apps is monitoring their account balance, transferring funds between accounts, bill payment and locating ATMs.... [tags: Bank, Credit union, Personal digital assistant]
1383 words (4 pages)
- Handheld and mobile devices have been an increasing necessity as their capabilities and functionalities have increased over the past few years. Despite that mobile technology's emergence is recent, there are a lot of factors that have helped in the development and evolution of its user interfaces for the mobile web and mobile applications. While mobile technology can be seen as a new and dominating medium, there are a few problems that many developers and designers have faced. Nonetheless, the design of user interfaces for Mobile Applications and Mobile Websites are ever changing and provide for a lucrative business, and because of that there are many advances in its technology and structur... [tags: Mobile, Interface, technology]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- look at their own personal records. Though there has been great progress among these mobile health apps, there has also been some delays and setbacks. Mobile development takes a longer development process for consumers. This is because of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) compliance and security measurements.1. The quality of the health application is not a static process due to the requirements and demands from consumer and stakeholders. High-in Demand: Many countries are experiencing public health challenges and due to these challenges researchers turn to information technology (IT) to help them fight these chronic diseases.14.... [tags: Health care, Patient, Health care provider]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Number of apps is increasing exponentially in the past 5 years. In 2013, a report points out that around 103 billions mobile apps have been developed.(Gartner, 2013) The various kinds of apps, for instance, social networking apps, academic apps, instant communication apps, are enhancing the experience of smartphones users according to their preferences. In these five years, apps has changed our lifestyle significantly that we are now working with apps but not paper. This shows that apps is probably the most important game changer recently.... [tags: smart phones, communication technology]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- When we discuss apps, we must also discuss with the apps store developed by Apple. The concept of apps is first being well-developed since iPhone was invented. Apps just like the software on your devices and already existed for a long time. Develop of apps store really make the application on phone be more competitive. Apple providing an apps store for the public to distribute their apps and it is more convenient for the users to download apps and compare the apps which are in similar functions.... [tags: mobile phone dependency]
527 words (1.5 pages)
- ... Moreover, you will find this mobile travel app quite easy for sharing your travel plans with anyone. It’s free for iPhone and Android. XE Currency Converter—A must have and a best travel app(free) for those planning an overseas holiday or travel across different nations. It provides details about live currency exchange rates at a single go. So, you can know about your expenditure. You can download on Android, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Firefox and Windows OS. RouteHappy—Want to have a spacious seats, entertainment and good planes for your travel.... [tags: deals, reservations, flights]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- The dating world has evolved tremendously over the year, more now than ever with technology. Today Americans are increasingly looking for love online through online dating sites and mobile dating apps. Data from the Pew internet reveals that 15% of Americans have used online dating (Smith,2016). A recent study showed that 542 people married every day in U.S due to the famous online dating site eHarmony. On average, through eHarmony more than 1 million Non-married people said they were in faithful relationships with an eHarmony match.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Chromebooks are not without their limitations. They lack Java and all student work must be saved in the cloud. To overcome the technical obstacles that have arisen throughout this semester, there are apps and extensions that I have used with students to save documents and pictures, provide feedback, organize links, and create content. While there are thousands of apps and extensions available and I have only began to scratch the surface, here are a few of the tools that have made working on a Chromebooks more efficient and effective within my own classroom.... [tags: students, apps, projects]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- Summary The Educreations Interactive Whiteboard (Educreations, 2013), Show Me (Learnbat, 2013) and Explain Everything ™ apps are examples of screen casting apps suitable for a wide range of learners. These applications are both a web-based app and a device based app. Simply defined, screen casting is capturing all of the action on a screen while you are narrating. In addition to the previously mentioned apps, screencasts can be made with many computer programs such as Jing, screenr, Goview and even Smart Notebook.... [tags: Apps, Instructions, Possible Uses]
957 words (2.7 pages)