“What?!? A writing assignment? I cannot write a paper, can I? Why did I sign up for this class? Is it required? Really? Why is it required? How am I going to do this? “Each time my paper writing preparation begins with a self-doubting, almost self-defeating, diatribe of questions without answers. Once my tirade is over and my imaginary Xanax kicks in, my computer, Google, and I sit down and attempt to begin the assignment.
I need a quite atmosphere, which comes at a premium around here. If the three kids are quiet, their music, video games, and televisions are not. If the music, video games, and televisions are quiet, the three kids are not; but, in order to retain my thoughts long enough to get them into the computer, I must have quiet or the Plants versus the Zombies will steal my thoughts or I will just “Shut Up and Dance” instead of write.
Once all seems acceptably quiet, I read and re-read the assignment to make sure I understand it. The help-aids I gather at that point will depend on the type of writing assignment given. The help-aids I generally gathe...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Reflection of my thoughts on information giving in LAS 199 This course has been going on for a long period of time, I love this course in some aspects and kind of dislike it in some other aspects. However, I do enjoy this course generally speaking, I had a lot of fun talking to my classmates, and I also get information/ resources from some of them which I’m sure contribute to the happiness I have had experienced at this school since the course started; I did a group project that is the first one in which I was in charge of some of the interview which generate good memories and experience for me; I actively think a lot, which is great fun for me and generates a lot of thoughts which will... [tags: English language, Mind, Thought, Cognition]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
- My thoughts of a "peak performer" a self-motivator, an overcomer, despite the obstacles or road blocks the world has thrown at you, you manage to overcome. As a peak performer, you know how to transform your negatives into positive results (Bethel University, 2013). Many times we face the unthinkable, problems or circumstances that we think we will never overcome, the peak performer sees the problem but focuses and on the solution, and with persistence overcomes. In life we all face trials and tribulations, this is all a part of life.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Critical thinking, Life]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Final Exam 1. My thoughts pertaining to this course has shifted to a more thorough idea of what my major is. My initial thoughts the first few weeks was that there is not enough time in the world to accomplish the assignments and most certainly the SPD. My thoughts about my future as a CTRS have been altered too. I always thought we just pick activities that we think will meet our client’s needs and leave it at that. The process is not that simple, I now understand that we must design a program plan and think about activity analysis, orientation, implementation, outcome measures, APIE, evaluations and so on.... [tags: Learning, Psychology, Thought, Skill]
709 words (2 pages)
- Persisting is not an unfamiliar habit for me and I use it in many ways in my day to day life. Whether it be a small task like getting through loads of clothes on laundry day or a big task like finishing school with a masters degree no matter what, I push myself and I use persistent thinking methods to help me overcome any adversities I may face. Since I already used persistence in my thinking before reading habits, the one thing I took from it was how I could use it more as a thinking method. Managing Impulsivity has always been a blessing and a curse for me because I have struggled in the past with indecisiveness.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Psychology, Knowledge]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Have you ever felt anxiety and happiness at once. I felt it when I was 15. I hardly push out those thoughts from controlling me. I woke up the next day feeling cool, but I was shocked I could sleep that night; I slept with those discouraging thoughts, and now I found my mind full with happiness and fear. My body; which felt disorder yesterday was now normal. After taking my meal, I went straight out into our school bus which came 4 minutes before I finished my meal. We had five good fighters in our team Oyinkan, Yemi, Musa, Tosin and I, but I was chosen to fight Ayo Adekunle.... [tags: Mind, Thought, Psychology, Combat]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- On a warm July morning in Florence, South Carolina, I feel the summer rays upon my face as I load the rest of my belongings in my mother’s red Kia. I haven’t left my parent’s house yet and I already felt bottom pit feeling in my stomach, the feeling of already being homesick. Finally, I am moving from my nest and I open up my wings to begin my journey to a pathway on finding a name for myself. I knew this is what I always wanted, but I couldn’t believe it is finally happening. I said my goodbyes to pets, they made this move so much harder for me.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Feeling, Emotion]
1047 words (3 pages)
- In the Thoughts of Brahma, a creation story is told. It is told that the world has been and will continue to be created and destroyed many times. Each new world begins and ends with watery chaos. Brahma meditates as he begins creating a new world and takes multiple different forms to create the current world. He creates the night, day, and the in between. Brahma then gets in a dark state of mind and creates ogres; however, he quickly becomes disgusted with this creation and turns them into reptiles.... [tags: Universe, Earth, Time, Creation myth]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- Thoughts on Organization "We learned about thesis and antithesis and five paragraphs and the whole bit, and learned to do it faster and faster. We repeated it in just the same way you throw basketballs at hoops over and over until you're good at it....All this indicated that I was a 'good writer' and I and teachers both probably believed I really was, and strictly because of this motor skill they'd trained me in." Dave wrote that in an e-mail discussion about theme writing. It made me wonder what the actual guidelines were for the so-called "Official Style," and what, if anything, was wrong with its formula.... [tags: Writing Education Essays]
1616 words (4.6 pages)
- The strange thing that happened to Tolstoy was that he was overcome with perplexity and an arrest of life. He said it was if he didn’t know how to live or what to do. Eventually they went away but then those moments came back oftener and oftener. The arrests of life always appeared in the question: Why. Well, and Then. I think that the perplexity Tolstoy is evoking in the phrase, “Why. Well, and Then?” deals with his thoughts about life and death. The why part deals why he should do anything in life.... [tags: essays research papers]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- Viola's Thoughts My life is now in an official state of turmoil, it's turned upside down and the solution is not within reaching distance. How can one solitary person feel so many different emotions. Right now I am going to tell the countess Olivia that my master - the person I have inevitably fallen for -Duke Orsino is in love with her. Why my love for the duke is ever growing I am still unsure. He is trying to woo an innocent and grieving woman, who has vowed not to love for seven years as she is in mourning for her brother.... [tags: Papers]
570 words (1.6 pages)