Microsoft has essentially started over with Windows 10 and has fixed some of the pitfalls from Windows 8. This upgraded version is a blend of the original start menu and the 8 start screen. The new start menu has the look and feel of the original, but also incorporates the "live tile" aspects of Windows 8 and is completely customizable. Similar to Windows 8, users can pin their favorite apps to the start menu and get real-time information from them at a glance with the "live tiles". Microsoft has also introduced its version of a digital assistant called Cortana. Cortana can provide information such as sports scores, weather, news, and more. Of course some may find it strange to talk to their PCs. (Howell, Art, “25)
Windows 10 does introduce a new reduced Internet browser called Edge which can replace Internet Explorer. Combined into the browser is Cortana as well, therefore, it gives access to highlight words that are seen, right-click to get more information and context about it. Edge is less demanding on its resources than other browsers. This can be harsh when running a PC with limited memory. Do not let this be the reason not to switch because Internet Explorer is still available if preferred.
Windows 10 comes prelo...
... middle of paper ...
...le to use with mouse and keyboard, or with the touch interface, if the device is touch screen capable. Windows 8.1 has a built in sky-drive cloud storage, that lets files be saved in their sky-drive account. Easy access to your files from anywhere with the device that is linked to a sky-drive account. The start-up is fast, very secure, boots and shuts down at a decent speed. Also, it gives access to windows market place where the install of applications is located.
In other words, Windows 10 since it is new gives a better option with all the updates. The upgrade is offered for free and is very easy to grasp how to navigate it. The set-up is a little different, but is a lot more accessible. The different features that Windows 10 offers on top of the older features makes it beneficial too. This is why choosing to switch from Windows 8 to Windows 10 is a great idea.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When Windows XP came out in October 21, many people happily to get the newest operating system. The pro about the operating system; finally it has improved theme by it look and graphic because of the desktop navigation (looks different from it earlier operating system, Windows 200), it will detect any hardware as it will automatically search to find the driver from the internet (such as printer, flash drives, etc.) so the hardware will be able to use. The networks in Windows XP were easier because of the installation wizard to complete the use for the networking.... [tags: Software]
458 words (1.3 pages)
- An Operating system is system software that controls the system’s hardware that interacts with users and the application software. As we all may know, Windows Microsoft has always been a commercial high-level sale in the retail industry and an in domain operating system used today. But there are more operating systems than just Windows Microsoft than the general population may assume. Linux is another well-known operating systems, which is free and open-source software. Linux is also used in companies we would have never thought of like Google, NASA, USPS, Amazon and many more companies.... [tags: Microsoft Windows, Windows Vista, Operating system]
2315 words (6.6 pages)
- Objective 1 was to start Windows XP. I've managed that, after some difficulty, which I attribute to using a Citrix product. We deal with Citrix in the Air Force, and I've never had good luck with their programs. Nevertheless, I now have XP running slowly on my computer that is already busy running Vista slowly. I also have a Java update available... interesting... First, we boot up, then we learn the joys of moving the mouse. Next, on to Objective 2. In this three-step process, we learn to start and close a program.... [tags: Windows XP, ]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- Imagine buying a goat for $500 instead of buying a horse for $300, when you need to win a horse race. You can do more with a horse than a goat, but you spend more for the goat than the horse when you need to win a race. That is what this school is doing with iPads, they are spending too much money on iPads when they don't do as much as Windows Tablets that is better for education. Some people may think that just because iPads and Apple is more famous and more used that it is better.... [tags: ipads, tablets, windows, education]
657 words (1.9 pages)
- The Pros of Windows A Windows-based enterprise system has a strategic advantage due to its popularity in the work, home, and education environments. With the Windows operating systems being a common ground for traditional work environments in the United States, many companies and homes have continued the use of Windows systems out of convenience. With the ease of use, and difficulty of adaptation at low, companies aim to keep employees productive by keeping the familiar feel of Windows in the business environment.... [tags: Microsoft Windows, Operating system, Linux]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- The Pros and Cons of Linux versus Windows XP This may be the perfect time to move over to Linux. Windows XP was officially retired as of April 8, 2014. Although we can continue using Windows XP, the two most important factors to consider are 1) there will no longer be security patches released by Microsoft; and 2) they are no longer supporting this product. Additionally, if our XP machines are more than six years old, which we suspect they are, chances are they won 't support the newer Windows releases, especially 8.1, because it needs significantly more power and storage.... [tags: Microsoft Windows, Operating system, Windows 7]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- Budget: Microsoft has spent about 1.8 million dollars for promoting Windows 8. The estimated budget to solve the issues by migrating it to cloud and implementing other techniques would cost including both technical and non technical resources. When Windows 8 and surface was launched initially, Microsoft gave a high promoting; however, the organization has spent more for Windows 8.1. According to Winsupersite reports, around $241 million on retail Windows was spent by Microsoft. So, at present it is planning to spend around $405 million.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows, Windows Vista]
1846 words (5.3 pages)
- ... With the launch of Windows 10 Mobile, you will no longer need to. With its Continuum feature, you can now transform your Windows 10 Mobile phone into a mini laptop by connecting it to a keyboard and a mouse, with the interface resembling a desktop interface. [Photo 1.3] #4 Better Keyboard If you thought Windows Phone 8.1’s Word Flow is super awesome, the new and improved Windows 10 Mobile keyboard will shoot you to the moon. You will be able to customise the keyboard to fit your fingers and move it around the screen that would be most comfortable for your hands.... [tags: Smartphone, Windows Mobile, Mobile phone]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Windows vs. MAC vs. Linux 8 secure, but the only other real benefit is that Apple does not populate a large percentage of the PC marketplace. Apple used to encourage this way of thinking, but after the Flashback virus (Perlroth, 2012), they decided it was no t a good idea to lie to their customers. Apple replaced their “Why you’ll love a Mac” website containing “It doesn’t get PC viruses” to “It’s built to be safe” (Mlot, 2012). Since malware really only exploits existing bugs or holes in an operating system, it is up to Apple to fix those holes, and they do a pretty good job of it.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows, Windows Vista]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Our company, Soap-n-Suds, is planning to upgrade the Windows operating systems that we currently use on all 5,000 desktop computers to a more advanced version. At present, we are using an early version of this Microsoft operating system on all desktop computers used by Soap-n-Suds employees. If possible, our company will also strive to update our desktop computers as well as the Microsoft software that will be put on it. The vice-president of information technology has asked us, the hired analysts, to compare and contrast the latest versions of the Windows operating system, the Mac operating system, and the Linux operating system.... [tags: Operating system, Apple Inc., Microsoft Windows]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Overtime The National Football League
- Music Is The Building Blocks Of Jazz Music That Create Its Unique Musical Features And Support Its Development
- Green City Is An Expression For Eco City
- Should Smoking Smoke Be Illegal? Smoke?
- William Shakespeare 's Hamlet, Franco Zeffirelli 's Version Of Hamlet
- Apocalyptic Movies : What The Future Tells Us About Today