A gate should be built around the park from preventing any homeless from sleeping there at night and making the park dirty. Homeless and hobos have been wandering around the park at night and have been sleeping in the park at night. They have been creating a mess in the park and making the park dirty. In the past when I fast went to Lincoln Park the park was very beautiful and clean. It did not have any trash on the floor and there was graffiti on the walls. There were no drugs or any inappropriate items found in the park. When I went back to Lincoln Park a few month ago the park has changed. There was a bad smell in the air around and in the park. There was trash on the ground and made it hard me to stay there a minute longer because the park was so dirty.
In the article “Going to the park? Don’t trip on a...
... middle of paper ...
...at 7:30 pm near Lincoln Park. A 11 year old girl was also shot, but she was shot in the back and was seriously injured. Miguel was bleeding out at the crime scene when the police found him lying on the ground dead. Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics responding to the scene took Miguel and the girl to County-USC Hospital. Miguel died a short moment after he arrived at the hospital and the girl was treated for her injuries and is expected to make a full recovery. “Miguel was a documented gang member and that the killing was a gang-related incident, not a robbery as news outlets had reported.” It is stated in the article that this shooting is related to a gang activity and Miguel was a gang member. This shows that crimes scene around Lincoln Park is related to gang activities. This shows that it is very dangerous around the park at night because people can get shot.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Standing tall and purposeful on the lively corner of Webster and Sheffield Ave. in Lincoln Park towers the beautiful St. Vincent de Paul Church. With its elaborate stain glass masterpieces immediately grabbing attention, immaculate manicured gardens, and overall immensity of the structure taking over an entire the block, the church offers nothing less than an awe-struck reaction. Yet despite the mesmerizing demeanor, the church extends a welcoming invitation to its community and beyond. Despite being the largest Catholic Institution in the nation, DePaul University’s identity goes far beyond its Catholic roots.... [tags: Religion, Faith, DePaul University, Catholicism]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- “All men are created equal.” This phrase is repeated in the Declaration of Independence, written by Thomas Jefferson. Thomas Jefferson had many slaves at the time and never set any of them free. Jefferson did not include black people who were treated no more than property, yet Abraham Lincoln brings this phrase to issues related to slavery. Abreham Lincoln was born in Hodgenville, Kentucky in 1809. Lincoln was a self-taught lawyer and a senator with a reputation as a fluent opponent of slavery.... [tags: American Civil War, Abraham Lincoln]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- From the mighty mountains, waterfalls and forests that cover our country, the energy that has gone into preserving these earth-given gifts alive is extensive. The environments created by thousands of years of natural progression have within themselves kept a piece of the world to themselves. Beginning in 1872 with the Yellowstone National Park located in the previously known territories of Montana, people began to protect these places, placing them within national parks boundaries. Since then, national parks have appeared across the country from “sea to shining sea”.... [tags: National Park Service, Yellowstone National Park]
2141 words (6.1 pages)
- In Sociology class, we have been learning about different cultures and values in the United States and many other countries. Abraham Lincoln, The Vampire Hunter, is a fantasy/ horror movie based on U.S. cultural events in the past. Throughout the movie, many values that we have discussed about and read about are presented. Abraham Lincoln, The Vampire Hunter begins with Lincoln as a little boy working with his parents. In the first scene of the movie, we see the main value that is presented throughout the movie; equality/ freedom and youthfulness.... [tags: Slavery, American Civil War]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the United States, was the president during the most difficult time in American History. While being the president during the Civil War Era, Lincoln had to face and conquer a large amount of difficult missions that helped to save our country. He resembled a dedicated, brave character that had a unique form of leadership that consisted of telling stories to explain his actions and to influence society to follow his lead. Lincoln’s goals as the leader of the country were to abolish slaves and to unify the nation.... [tags: Enmancipation Proclamation]
524 words (1.5 pages)
- ... Visitors get to experience the park’s 800 miles of hiking trails and 282 miles of road amongst for many other things. The park received its name from the American Indian tribe that first lived in that area the tribe known as the Ahwahneechee Indian in the 1800’s. But in about 1849 the gold rush began and brought thousands of non-Indian miners and settlers to the park. Not too long after that, our current president at the time Abraham Lincoln declared protection for the park. Which was all to prevent any further damage done to the park.... [tags: flora, fauna, landscape, geography]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- The history of the Lincoln Ice Hockey Association and how it was formed is an interesting story. A series of coincidences started the ball rolling. The Ice Hockey Association was ironically started in 1970 when two different people, on the same day, about two hours apart, went to the senior head of the university’s Recreation Department with the same idea of starting the Lincoln Ice Hockey Association. Funnily enough, even their first names were the same. The head of the department gave each man their contact information.... [tags: sports]
660 words (1.9 pages)
- Linkin Park is a new metal band from Los Angeles, California. It has been an active band since 1996. Their labels are Warner Brothers Records and Machine Shop Recordings. The six members are Chester Bennington, Mike Shinoda, Joseph Hahn, Brad Delson, Rob Bourdon, and Dave Farrell. Mike Shinoda and Brad Delson recorded the band's first material in 1996. The two had attended high school together, where they met the band's drummer, Rob Bourdon. Mike Shinoda hooked up with DJ Joseph Hahn while studying illustration at Art Center College in Pasadena.... [tags: essays research papers]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- ... Lincoln issued the emancipation proclamation on january 1st, 1863 to abolish slavery. Abe was considered an “anti slavery”, which means he was against slavery (National park service1). The emancipation played a huge role, during the civil war. The emancipation proclamation declared that all people held as slaves were declared free (National Archives1). The emancipation did not end slavery but it played a big role in some states. After the emancipation was issued many blacks joined the union army and navy (National Archives1).... [tags: slavery, equality, emancipation proclamation]
543 words (1.6 pages)
- Lincoln, Nebraska The city of Lincoln is the capital of the Cornhusker State, Nebraska. Lincoln is located in the southeastern part of the state, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) southwest of Omaha. It lies in a shallow basin about 1,160 feet (355 meters) above sea level. Salt Creek and its tributaries thread through the basin. Lincoln serves as a center for educational, cultural, and religious institutions. The city also developed as the trade center for a wide agricultural area. In the city are the buildings that house the various departments of the city, county, and state governments, the state mental and orthopedic hospitals, and the state penitentiary.... [tags: essays research papers]
439 words (1.3 pages)