I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins, so that I would be able to live with Him for eternity. Jesus, for me, is the most important and I couldn't go through life without Him by my side. Jesus is the answer to all the problems and issues of this world. A lot of the time Jesus is either disrespected or taken for granted. Most people don't realize how our past, present, and future are affected by Him. Jesus is monumental in history through His life, teachings, and character.
Birth of Jesus
Jesus Christ was born in the town of Bethlehem in Judea. He was born of a virgin, Mary, who conceived Jesus through the Holy Spirit. Before her son's birth, God sent an angel to her saying,
“ ‘Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you,’ Mary was greatly troubled at his words and and wondered what kind of greeting his might be. But the angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give Birth to a son, and you are to give him the name of Jesus. He will be great and will be the called the Son of the Most High.’ ” (Luke 1:28-32, NIV).
Jesus was born in a stable and placed in a manger because all the local inns were full. “ And she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. And she wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.” (Luke 2:7, NIV). His birth was not the most ideal, especially for a king. After His birth, even the lowest of shepherds were in invited to see Him
"And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of The Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, ...
... middle of paper ...
...and I’m blessed to be able to call Him mine.
The Backpack Bible: New International Version. Grand Rapids, MI: Zonderkidz, 2003. Print.
Beck, Roger B. Ancient World History: Patterns of Interaction. Evanston, IL: McDougal Littell, 2005. Print.
"Bible Gateway." BibleGateway.com: A Searchable Online Bible in over 100 Versions and 50 Languages. Web. 26 May 2014.
"Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages." Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages. Web. 26 May 2014.
"The Earthly Life of Jesus Christ." :: Cru. Web. 20 May 2014.
"Jesus." BBC News. BBC. Web. 20 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Jesus' Teachings on the Sabbath and Christian Life Today If it wasn't for Jesus' teachings, Christians wouldn't be here today. Christians came about because we believe Jesus is the son of God. Christianity came from the Jewish religion. The main difference is Jews believe the Messiah has not come yet. Jesus taught us to pray by going to worship in the temple on the day of the Jewish Sabbath. In our case a Sunday is our day of worship, which we do because of Jesus' example. He taught us the importance of worship.... [tags: Papers]
455 words (1.3 pages)
- How Jesus' Teachings of the Sabbath Would Effect the Life of a Christian Today Christians have many denominations, they are all believers of God’s teachings and there beliefs are all similar, however, they all interpret these beliefs in different ways. Some of the ways these religions interpret Christ’s teachings are that, Christians, believe that Jesus was the son of god and ascended into heaven after dieing for us on the cross so all our sins could be forgiven, his is why we celebrate our Sabbath on the Sunday, we do no work on this day and go to mass to keep it holy.... [tags: Papers]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem to a virgin named Mary (Luke 1-2 New International Version). Throughout the Old Testament of the Bible, there are many prophecies explaining what Jesus was meant and going to do on this Earth. Jesus had to fulfill each one to become the Savior of the Earth. When Jesus was in his 30s, He started to preach, create miracles, and explain the new ways and rules of how to live (Luke New International Translation). The four gospels in the Bible teach us that Jesus never sinned, He was tempted countless or time, showed the people miracles, was tortured for everyone who walks on this Earth, died and conquered death for the people to Live with God eternally.... [tags: resurection, sin, teachings]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Introduction The two most polarizing and influential religious figures of time, Jesus Christ and Muhammad, have been considered to be two people who, at two different times, attempted to bring messages that would change the landscape of the spirituality of the world and gain followings from the masses. Timothy George shows the two for being responsible for creating two of the three historical religions in the world, with both descended from the third, Judaism, in his article in Christianity Today.... [tags: christianity, islam, life, spiritual]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- Society is a living organism. Just like the immune system, the army and police provide protection against invaders and criminal elements. Just like the digestive system, industrial plants draw out energy from raw materials. Just like our veins and arteries, roads, waterways and railways transport these products around our bodies, and just like the colon and bladder, waste products are collected by garbage dumps and sewage systems. However, on top of all these vital organs lie our bones, which frame our bodies and enable us to move forward correctly.... [tags: Christianity]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Throughout the Bible the author(s) and, by default, Jesus try to reassert the importance of Jesus and his calling. They try to illustrate Jesus as the leader to human kind’s salvation and the only way to God. This depiction of his importance isn’t always subtle but hidden between the lines and in parables. Jesus found a way to stress his importance regardless of what his preaching topic is. Luke 6:39 is a good example of that. Luke wrote “He (Jesus) also told them a parable: “Can a blind person guide a blind person.... [tags: The Bible, religion, Jesus, beliefs]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
- The Story of Jesus Through Matthew's Gospel Who is this man Jesus. Where was he from. What did he do for others and us. A great source of reference to answer this question would be someone who had direct contact with him in everyday life. Someone who saw the daily wonders he created would be the best source for information. Matthew, the apostle, is believed to have written the gospel of Matthew. He was able to experience firsthand all of the amazing miracles that Jesus performed. God inspired his words, and his gospel relates to the other three gospels in overall context.... [tags: God Religion Jesus Matthew Essays]
1775 words (5.1 pages)
- Luke's Gospel and The Teachings of Jesus Through Parables Introduction ------------ The coursework is about the parables that Jesus taught to his disciples and to anyone else who wanted to learn about the kingdom of God. It is also about the kingdom of God, topics about this include how to get in to the Kingdom of God, what it is, and what it means to a Christian. Parables covered in this coursework include: * The good Samaritan * The lost coin * The lost son * The narrow door * The parable about the coming of the Kingdom of God Each of these can be found in Luke's gospel and they each have a particular meaning that means a great d... [tags: Papers]
2359 words (6.7 pages)
- ... Jesus could do unworldly things like walk through walls, so the rock being rolled away was just a symbol to show that he had risen. The Resurrection is more than just an important religious myth, but it is the basis of the Christian religion. Without the resurrection, salvation would not be possible in the Christian religion. The resurrection is not just a Christian based myth. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is Christian based, but the thought of resurrection is believed in Judaism and in the Islamic faith.... [tags: resurrection, Jesus Christ, religion, bible]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Will the teachings of Jesus Christ be able to survive the 3rd millennium. Jesus emphasized the actions and teachings of God by using his life as an example of God's ways. He was an exact representation of God which made him God as well. Jesus referred to the history of God in his teachings. He used the basis of God's teachings that God demonstrated through Adam, Abraham and David. There were approximately 4000 years between the start of man up to the time of Christ's birth. Then for the last 2000 years after Christ, the church has risen steadily.... [tags: essays research papers]
1187 words (3.4 pages)