When I was in the eighth grade, I had a friend who shared the same dream with me. We both wanted to become a Dentist one day. We wrote our wishes in our diaries and in Birthday cards. The question would be: why am interested in Information Technology and what changed my dream? The answer to that question short story of what happened.
Once I moved to the middle school and just like any girl at that age, I start listen to my opinion only and don’t care to what my family tell. I lost the wish and ability to study for no reason or just because I thought am smart enough to get high scores without study!! I was thinking of everything in the world, fashion, songs, nail polish everything except Interest in school. Inside me, I had a feeling of am doing things wrong and I should not listen to myself and I should study, but I didn’t know how to stop my egotism. Things get worse when I was in the high school. My family thought am just having a time of laziness as a teenager, they thought everything will change in the twelve grades. I didn’t take care of their motivation or blaming. I thought am doing right things and I will be in the Dentistry school. Suddenly I found myself totally lost I couldn’t study or get the scores required for the Dentistry school, I got fewer scores than others. At that day, I had many phone calls with my friends and I found that they got what they want and, of course, my friend from primary school got a very high score and she will become a Dentist. I lived in shock for a while I didn’t know where I have to go which college, what is my career, how I can apology and vindicate what happened to my family. I found myself in the IT field and especially the Software Engineering depar...
... middle of paper ...
...ty with no GRE required and the best one I found was Regis University. A good college with a good rank and good reputation. I planned for everything how to manage my time to study, taking care of my husband and daughter. I feel am supper excited and because my inspiration and encouragement is my daughter, am sure I will make it.
All what happened to me is why I need to get a Master degree because I feel it will be a big thank you to my mum who keep motivating me although I disappointed her before, a gift to my father soul who passed away years ago, a big thank you to my husband who keep inspiring and motivating me, a big thank to the Country whom give me a lot and helped me when I left my Country and being a new home to me and the most important a good example to my daughter to be professional and to know what I did to her she can make my old dream and be a Dentist.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Young adolescents can be described as ages 10-15 years old, but it is also considered that adolescence continues until the age of 25. During this time in an adolescent’s life there are many internal and external factors that affect the development of each individual. The influence that an adolescent’s peers, parents, and community have on them can be conflicting and therefore cause stress. Trying to meet the expectations of others during a time where one is going through so many forms of physical, psychological, and cognitive development can be trying for a middle school aged student.... [tags: Education, High school, Middle school, Adolescence]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- Spurring from a growing concern over the literacy requirements of students in a Middle school science class, Holli Eddins Forrest in “Using Literacy to Engage Adolescents in Science,” asserts that it is not literacy that causes students to “hate science,” but the way in which information is presented. In the article, Forrest aims to analyze motivation and engagement of Middle school children in a Science class, to determine the root of the problem and highlights ways in which educators can cultivate the necessary literacy skills required to keeps students motivated and engaged.... [tags: Education, Motivation, Middle school]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- Computer Usage in Middle Schools Middle school children typically ages 10-14 are quickly becoming acclimated to technological devices such as cell phones, video games, laptop computers and tablets. But are we truly helping our children by allowing the usage of these items in classroom settings. Is the use of computers in classrooms truly enhancing the students’ knowledge or is it simply a misappropriation of State funding. In this paper, I will attempt to prove that while technology usage in schools can be beneficial in some ways, it is more than anything an unnecessary and detrimental tool in the hands of middle school age children.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Personal computer]
1345 words (3.8 pages)
- During my internship at West De Pere Middle School, the school held an assembly, Be Amazing, a nationwide three-screen multi-media event. The assembly’s goal is to inspire students to achieve their goals every day, to leave a positive legacy, and to support other people. The program aims for students to witness in a visual format, how amazing things just don’t happen to people; the person works hard by overcoming obstacles, and performing with high expectations. In addition to, amazing people don’t allow other people; like bullies, to halt their progress.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Presentation of Mary]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Mistakes are actually a very influential part of a person’s upbringing in life. Mistakes shape a person’s character to make them who they are today. A mistake can teach someone many different life lessons that will better them as a person and make their lives more enjoyable. A person will commit a mistake usually when he or she is distracted. Distraction is the number one cause of mistakes in our world today. Many people are afraid of making mistakes, so they play it safe in life and don’t strive to achieve everything they are capable of achieving.... [tags: Automobile, Vehicle, Chevrolet, Transport]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- The middle school concept has been modified in individual schools over the last fifty years. An ideology that every middle school has in common is the learner-centered curriculum, meaning that the curriculum needs to reflect experiences that they will have in the real-world. Research still continues to test and try many curriculum theories and strategies to determine whether or not they are effective, many have proven to be. The principles and strategies that are used throughout the classroom must be effective to make the middle school what it needs to be: academically excellent, developmentally responsive, socially equitable, and contain an organized structure.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, School]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Essay Topic A When I first moved to the small town of Spring, Texas from London, England my life was thrown into turmoil. For the 11 years that I had spent living in England it seemed as though everything had a tendency to fall into place, as if my life was a perfect game of Tetris. But after leaving behind everything I had ever known; all of my friends, family, and the environments that I had become so accustomed to and moving to the United States, the pieces began to no longer fit together. After my first day of middle school, I was quickly made aware of just how out of place I was.... [tags: High school, Secondary school, College]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- Introduction During this semester in middle school principal and practices we spent time doing workshops, which gave us a chance to teach our peers and learn from our peers. We learnt quite a bit during this semester, from Deb as well as from the textbook. We learnt how to teach tweens, what we can do to push the students, engage the student and how we as pre-service teacher and future teachers can improve in our classroom, yet there are still some unanswered questions to be answered as well as some questions that still need to be discussed.... [tags: Teacher, Learning, High school, Education]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Middle Level Teaching requires a lot of knowledge about young adolescences, in order to teach effectively. Middle schoolers are facing many challenges, once they reach this age. They are changing in all different types of ways, such as intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally, and morally. Intellectually their brains are developing more and they begin to think cognitively. The one that students notice the most is their physical changes. Hormones are causing adolescents to gain weight and grow taller.... [tags: High school, Education, Middle school, School]
1743 words (5 pages)
- It is human nature for everybody to make mistakes. Some mistakes are as little as a typo that can simply be whited out and corrected. Some as big as infidelity in a relationship. Some mistakes are easily forgiven and others not so much. But there is one thing for sure, if mistakes are never made, a person will never know their true purpose in life. Now of course most mistakes you will have to pay for but, every great person has made some sort of mistake to get them where they are now. Every mistake in life is a lesson that contributes to making people successful.... [tags: Sampson Davis, George Jenkins ]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- The Personality Type Is Infj : Introverted Intuition With Extraverted Feelings
- The Great Depression And The Depression
- My Experience At The High Level
- A Deeper Look At Christen Grey : Malignant Narcissism With Bdsm Practices
- Scholarly Opinions On Church Fathers, Ignatius Of Antioch And Origin
- Schools Should Teach Self Defense