It is easier for the transformational leaders to handle change and develop the required methods needed for the organization’s change. They have also been referred to as change agents. Easier support found from the top management personnel towards goals which makes them more committed to the change that ends more often, with management’s doing more involvement, support and management toward the change. With which seems a nature gift of having a vision for the future, revealing the ability to equipment and guide their employees to be motivated to succeed and the organization is therefore with needed changed and transformed for the best of all concerned.
Concerns for qualiﬁed nurse sufﬁciency and stability worldwide occur at a time of decreasing nursing authority (Preston 2008), and prevailing dissatisfaction with the pace of change in working conditions produces poor recruitment and greater attrition (Keenan 2003, Dufﬁeld & Roche 2007, Flinkman et al. 2010). Altruism is a primary motivation for choosing to nurse older people and persons with dementia. Nurses are most positive when they feel valued and supported by their organization and colleagues, through education, training, supervision, mentoring opportunities and appropriate remun...
... middle of paper ...
...uence his/her superiors; for example, volunteering for undesirable tasks to make themselves appreciated by the superior. Self-serving behaviors are harder actions epitomized by “it’s me first” attitude whereby self-interest is clearly placed above the interests of others, whether individual, group, or organization. An example of a self-serving behavior would be asking someone in one’s personal network to discredit a competitor in order to secure a potential promotion. The Ethical Differentiation Index measures the difference between the most ethical (pro-organizational) and the least ethical (maliciously intended) influence behaviors.
For those embracing an instrumental orientation, ethical behaviors should lead to personal rewards and the avoidance of punishment, and rules will be followed insofar as they are self-serving. Manroop, L., et al., (2014).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This research paper provides a strong recommendation to influence my position for instilling a transformational leadership style in an organization. The data in the paper offers a theoretical method with proven examples regarding the implementation of a leadership style, which provides facts that are applicable to transformational leadership. Further, the research investigates a method for making the necessary changes for a business to model to anchor as the foundation of the organization. However, if the execution of an organizational change is careless implemented, the organization will implode and cause a decrease in productivity of the company.... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Business model]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Surijah (2016) wrote that to offer innovative products or services demanded by its customers. created through knowledge management and its learning culture. employees should be creative, professional, morally competence and affectively committed to their company. There are congruent relationships among corporate strategy, learning culture, human resource strategy and human capital which have a significant impact on the performance. In a high competitive business environment, a company should adopt creative corporate strategy and learning culture, as well as employs high competent and affectively committed employees.... [tags: Management]
1909 words (5.5 pages)
- During the past month I have been challenged to look at my current leadership style and see how I can improve to be a more effective leader. I’ve learned a lot about myself from my preferred team roles and negotiation tactics to how being adaptable will enable me to better lead my people. Due to my past leaders and experience, I have grown into a primarily transformational leader with good communication skills. I have found a lot of success at influencing my Airmen and peers by earning their trust.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Management]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- Team Leadership To successfully define, enter, and grow the new market segment, combination of team and transformational leadership approaches are highly recommended. This is a cultural shift from the leaders motivates followers by setting goals and promising a reward when those goals were reached; described by Robbins and Coulter (2012) as transactional leadership. Successful penetration of the new market requires a transformational leader with high degree of emotional intelligence, which includes self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skill (Goleman, 2004).... [tags: market segment, transformational leadership]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- When reflecting on a style or philosophy of leadership, transformational would be the most appropriate fit to describe the writer. Transformational leadership is defined as a method that effects change in individuals and social structures (Anonymous, N.D.). Bass and Avolio (1993) describes transformational leadership to be characterized in four factors: idealized influence, inspirational motivation, intellectual stimulation, individualized consideration. In this article, the writer will discuss various areas relating to conflict, working with others, delegation style in regards to transformational leadership.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Skill]
1315 words (3.8 pages)
- Transformational leadership is one of the most encompassing approaches to leadership study, and the approach can be used to describe a broad range of leadership. Literature is very clear on what transformational leaders are and are not. Transformational leaders are not concerned with transactional processes that satisfy the immediate needs of subordinates; rather, they focus on engaging with followers and creating a connection that uplifts the morale, motivation, and morals of both parties involved.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Goal, Motivation]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- Assignment 25: Transformational Leadership Introduction In my search for the meaning of transformational leadership outside of coursework, I found multiple definitions of this title. There happened to be one that I enjoyed reading most because it embodied the full significance of what a transformational leader is. Business dictionary (n.d.) specified that, “Transformational leader is a style of leadership in which the leader identifies the needed change, creates a vision to guide the change through inspiration, and executes the change with the commitment of the members of the group”.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill]
1555 words (4.4 pages)
- Transformational leadership is among the more recent leadership theories. It focuses on a leaders ability to inspire followers and it does so by focusing on a vision that can change the structures around the organisation. Its objective is clear when you simply look at the word the theory is built around: transform. But how do you get people to follow a vision. Is transformational change always a good idea. In this guide, we will hope to answer the above questions and delve deeper into the model of transformational leadership.... [tags: Leadership, Situational leadership theory]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Servant-Leadership versus Transformative Leadership The world growing more and more complex and institutions need managers who can adapt to the increasing pace of innovation. Servant leadership and transformative leadership are some of the new management techniques and ideas that address the increasing complexities of the world. However, as these new ideas are developed and implemented, which one works the best in today working environment. Which one of these management styles has a greater impact on those who use and those who are managed.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Servant leadership]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- Transformational Leadership: Transformational leadership is one of the most popular leadership styles. According to Kendrick (2011), “Transformational leadership involves four factors: 1. idealized influence, 2. inspirational motivation, 3. intellectual stimulation, and 4. individual consideration.” These four factors make transformational leadership have an impact on followers. The goal of transformational leadership is to cause a positive change in individuals, help motivate them, and develop a leader within each individual.... [tags: management, leadership styles]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- Analysis Of The Article ' The Constitution '
- Smoking Cessation Is The Process Of Terminating The Practice Of Smoking Tobacco
- Why Should Lael Get Involved During Reporting If She Has Not Experienced Any Of The Allegations The Other Employees
- Animal Agriculture Is A More Sustainable System
- My First Day Of English Class
- My Personal Philosophy Of Nursing