Goleman(2000): a leaders singular job is to get result
House et al (2004) ; Leadership is the ability to motivate, influence, and enable individuals
At some point of time leader may feel that her leadership approach is not yielding the result’s it should make which may force leader to modify her leadership approach.Like transactional or transformational leadership approach .According to Louis R. Mobley , the former director of iBM’s Executive school Leadership totally depends upon knowledge and behaviour and leader’s are responsible for its impact over others.(asaecenter.org) He also suggested that type of Leadership style Leader’s acquire is based upon how differently he thinks to get the work done instead of what others think or believe.
In this 21st century only two major kind of organizational leaderships have been discussed i.e transactional and transformational( . Although many theories suggest that either these both leaderships can be used separately or could be used in conjunction . The major difference between these two type of leadership’s is that in transformational leadership Leaders motivate their subordinates to get the work done and achieve real business goals beyond expectation by building mutual trust and understanding whereas on the other hand in transactional leadership leaders use Reward or punishment system to achiev...
... middle of paper ...
...real goals by making them believe and identify his style of leadership and workforce they are with(YUkl,1988).
i believe that good teamwork success comes with good leadership qualities .On my management 120 away day i experienced that there are many other skills which come besides leadership like teamwork,trust and good communication in game of blind fold whereas planning,cooperation and problem solving in the game of puzzle building .the main question which arises in the game on blind fold is that can you lead your team members with blindfold on in right direction ? and i feel that subordinates or follower’s feel the same when they are led by their leader . Like in the game of blindfold people don’t have the idea where they are actually leading but they still operate in dark , trusting on operator or leader to give them the right directions from point A to point B
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction As I sketched my sociological portrait, I found myself looking at the multiple statuses I hold in society and how each came about. I am not only a father to a young adult, but a son, a brother, a friend to many, a neighbor, a student once again and a blue-collar worker. Each of these statuses developed during various times in my life and required me to take on, at times, numerous roles. These statuses have defined who I have become and the impacts I have on society. My sociological portrait will be based on the social institution of family.... [tags: Sociology, Family, Social stratification]
1891 words (5.4 pages)
- "Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality - Warren Bennis" Now-a-days, leaders play a key role not only in the development of any organization but also making the organization to take a successful path. Therefore most of the current researchers are focusing on the traits of the leaders and effective leadership style. There are different opinions and notions on the concepts of leadership and its importance in the real world including: if leaders are born or made, do they have to be virtuous (noble and honorable) and do they need to change according to the situation.... [tags: Leadership, Management]
1569 words (4.5 pages)
- Introduction As I sketch my sociological portrait, I find myself first looking at the multiple statuses I hold in society and how each came about. I am not only a father to an young adult, but a son, a brother, a friend to many, a neighbor, a student once again and a blue-collar worker. Each of these statuses developed during various times in my life, and requires me to take on, at times, numerous roles. These statuses have defined who I have become and the impacts I have on society. My sociological portrait will be based on the social institution of family.... [tags: Sociology, Family, Working class, Marriage]
710 words (2 pages)
- Diversity in healthcare is a very upcoming and important aspect in modern day practice. When the diversity increases of a country, it brings upon new challenges and aspects to be looked into and health care providers and systems must find a way to be able to deliver culturally competent services and solutions. In healthcare cultural competence can be described as, “the ability of providers and organizations to effectively deliver health care services that meet the social, cultural, and linguistic needs of patients” ("News Worldwide").... [tags: Health care, Health, Health disparities]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Many definitions exist on what leadership is. Despite the many differences in definitions, they all describe the leader as someone who influences others. Leaders transform individuals around them allowing them to work to their full potential. In order for a leader to be successful they must be knowledgeable, self- confident, and effective communicators. These characteristics will create a positive workplace environment that results in an increase in productivity. Leadership is not defined by titles or salary.... [tags: Leadership, Sociology, Social work]
1949 words (5.6 pages)
- Organizational leadership The vision gives wings: a study of two hospitals run as limited companies Within this article, two hospitals in the south of Sweden were reorganized as limited companies. Hospital control moved from a local or political method of control to that of a business. Adopting business practices sped up the rate of decision making. The hospitals were able to make a profit while reducing the wait lists for services. Measurement of staff production is used as incentive rather than as punishment.... [tags: Leadership ]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- Page, D., & Wong, T. P. (2000). A conceptual framework for measuring servant leadership. The human factor in shaping the course of history and development, 69-110. There is an age old question. Are individuals made to be a leader or are individuals born to be leaders. JoAnne Ciculla, a professor in leadership and ethics program at the Jepson School of the University of Richmond states the question should be what is leadership, but what is good leadership. (Giampetro-Meyer, Brown, Browne, 1998). Ciculla reference three types of leadership: transformational, transitional, and servant leadership.... [tags: Leadership, Servant leadership, Management]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- High-Low Context This short essay will take a look at an informal institution, culture and see how it plays and important part in success and failures of firm’s around the world. The success and failure can be explained using a core perspective named institution-based view, which was introduced as part of the concept of global business. Formal institution includes laws, regulations, and rules (also as political systems, legal systems, and economic systems), and informal institution includes cultures, ethics, and norms.... [tags: Culture, Anthropology, Sociology]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- Leadership Institute, previously known as LeadSTRONG, is a two day workshop for students to participate in small groups to exchange their ideas as well as learn more about how to be a leader in life. This event provides each individual with new perspective in the role and responsibility as a leader, including both the interior and exterior factors. The first annual Leadership Institute was located in SAC Ballroom B on both February 20th at 5pm and February 21st at 10am. Even though most of the speeches and events were take place in SAC Ballroom B, some of the activities were also placed among Ballroom A and entire third floor.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Idea, Leadership Institute]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Leadership is such a process which helps to increases the modes of partial attempt, to help enforcing power, to establish the base of assisting, to importance on doing the work, to ensure the relationship between formal and informal and to ensure the full use of manpower and the person who performs such work is called leader. The institution which is constituted by more than one person then among them who gives the information and rears other is called leader. In order to obtain an specific goal giving the instruction and opinion and the influential process is called the leadership.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Kurt Lewin, Skill]
716 words (2 pages)
- The Story Of Cara, By F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Discuss Attitudes Of Food And Or Eating Behaviour?
- Value Chain Management International Is Wasted At Federal Institutions Like More Than $ 31 Billion Worth Of Food
- Analysis Of George Orwell 's ' The Great Gatsby '
- My Communication Skills At The Area Communication Module
- Does Population Growth Threatens Humanity?