Myers-Briggs Personality Type - ISTJ
The test revealed that my preference is of the, Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging (ISTJ). The first letter of my four letter trait is said to be the first letter of the preference of general attitude which are either “E” for extraversion or “I” for introversion. (“Jung Personality Type," n.d.). According to the test, my Personality Type is also known as the Duty filler. ("Personalitypage.com" n.d.).
When I first looked at all the types, I thought initially felt that “the Mechanic” would better fit the description of the type of person that I am, however, on a second look, I came to the realization that “the Mechanic” is much more in-depth than just being a person who is mechanically inclined. The ...
... middle of paper ...
...tion came to find out it was a case of misunderstanding. Every person on a team should be made to realize their role in the organization and that they are valued.
In particular, what have you learned about yourself from this personality test that will help you be a better employee, co-worker, and/or manager?
I personally learned to have much more patience when dealing with subordinates because as mentioned before, everyone has different traits and need to be managed somewhat differently if it is not a detrimental to the organization. There are times when a decision has to be made based on facts removing my emotions from the decision making process. In addition, finding unique management tools to manage members of the organization will produce positive results. The positive impact on organizational environment will be apparent to all and be infectious throughout.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Using the Jung Typology Personality Test gives some insight into my personality preference. The Jung Typology Personality Test is a system that explains a formula of four letters. Each letter spells out each aspect of your personality; could be used to point me into a suitable career fields, tell the communication and learning style I use in my daily life, at work or at home. The result of the test shows that I am of the ISTJ personality type. From what I have seen from the test, I believe in its accuracy, knowing what I do about myself.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1409 words (4 pages)
- The Jung Personality Type Test or The Myers- Briggs Personality Type Test is quiet familiar to me as I have taken it on more than one occasion and know of its general premise. The test is very popular in the business world but has been heavily criticized by academics due to its low validity and reliability. I would have to agree with academia because even though I have taken this test several times I have never been categorized as the same personality type twice. This does not mean that there have not been similarities in my results; certain aspects of the results stay true and the percentages of specific personality traits fall within a close range of each other no matter how many times I... [tags: Personality psychology]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- The Jung Personality Type Test is familiar to me as I have taken it before and know of its general premise. The test is popular in the business world but is heavily criticized by academics due to its low validity and reliability. I have taken the test several times and never received the same personality type twice. This does not mean that there have not been similarities in my results; on every test certain aspects of the results stay true and the percentages of specific personality traits stay within close range.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- First off I took the Jung personality test. The results showed that I was an ISTJ personality type. This means introvert, sensing, thinking, and judging. It showed that I was 90% inclined towards introvert, 62% sensing, 9% thinking, and 16% judging. I was not all that surprised that I was introverted considering I have always kept to myself and dealt badly with large groups of people and communicating with others as well. I was surprised I got thinking over feeling as my feelings tend to have a strong effect on me and can be overwhelming at times, but when thinking about it I do tend to try and think about my decisions before I make them rather than just acting on my feelings over anything e... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology, Thought]
702 words (2 pages)
- Through the completion of the Myer-Briggs Personality and Jung Typology Test my personality traits were defined. With the defined personality that was developed, I am able to clearly depict my strengths and weaknesses. By detailing each individual aspect of my personality, I was able to further develop an understanding of my personality and how it is influenced and its influences on others. In order to be an effective employee, co-worker, and manager, I need to be able to asses my personality and how it influences my work environment.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- The Jung Typology Test revealed my personality to be an ISFJ. I was found to be 28% Introvert, 9% Senseing, 19% Feeling and 31% Judging. Based on these results, I was able to find that I am considered a SJ group, or Security Seeking. Moreover, I was found to be considered a protector. "Good introductory paragraph Introvert As an introvert, we live in a world inside ourselves. Extraverts live in a world outside themselves. Having this type of personality trait, I feel more comfortable thinking things through, being by myself and ensuring that I am sure of decisions I make.... [tags: Personality psychology]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- The Jung Typology Test is designed to give the participant a 4-letter formula which describes strength preferences of one’s personality type. The formula is based on whether the participant favors Extraversion or Introversion, Sensing or iNtuition, Thinking or Feeling, and Judging or Perceiving when it comes to the participant’s general attitude. One will also receive a Temperament, which is based on one’s personality type formula, and can be used to make somewhat accurate predictions of the participants preferred behavior.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- Within the Jung Typology Test (JTT) it states that my type of personality is introverted, sensing, feeling and judging. The results indicated I am an introvert over extrovert, the score showed 56%. There was a marginal or no preference to sensing over intuition at 1% for this result. Moderate preference to feeling over thinking at 25%, and a strong preference to judging over perceiving at 78%. So this is saying that I am an introverted sensing with extroverted feeling. The JTT states that I focus internally on myself; I take emotions, feeling, etc.... [tags: personality test, humanmetrics, Myers]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- After taking the Meyers-Briggs Personality Test, I determined my Jung Typology was ISTJ (introvert sensing thinking judging) by taking the Jung Typology Test (2016). Based on the test, I had a moderate preference for all of these, except sensing, which I only had a slight preference for sensing over intuition. Research was conducted using the website www.personalitypage.com and Type Talk at Work textbook to evaluate the accuracy of the personality type in the test. Based on the research and my personal evaluation, the test accurately captured my personality.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction/Thesis Have you ever wonder why people act the way they do. Many employees and psychologists ask themselves this exact question on a daily basis. Organizations and individuals use a Human Metrics test to help them identify the right person to hire and help individuals find that perfect career and occupational choice. The Human Metrics test was based off a formula created by Carl Jung and Isabel Biggs Meyers called Jung’s Typology Test. Jung’s Typology test can help managers understand how to handle actions accordingly in the workplace.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- The Ethical Choice Of The Trench Box
- Music And Its Effects On The Individual And The Music Selection
- Awareness For Breast Cancer : An Overview And Energizing Events That Happen During The Year
- The On The Restoration Of A Nutrient Poor Grassland Following Topsoil Removal
- Organizational Behavior And Motivation And Stress Management
- Creating Ways For Supply Elementary Schools