Riordan Manufacturing, Inc. is a global plastics manufacturer partnership that was founded in 1991. (Ecampus) The partnership makes it possible to raise more capital and to share ownership responsibilities. Like the sole proprietorship, the partnership arrangement carries unlimited liability for the owners.(Foundations) While the partnership offers the advantage of sharing possible losses, it presents the problem of owners with unequal wealth having to absorb losses. (Foundations)
It manufactures products such as plastic beverage containers, plastic fan parts, heart valves, and medical stents. Economic influences on the business environment are interest rates, inventory levels, consumer confidence, unemployment rate, and gross national product. All of these have a drastic effect on the business.
Government influences include regulations, export restrictions, import tariffs and quotas, and government debt. The government influences can help or cause major problems for a business. The changes in regulations will force the business to meet and stay up to ...
... middle of paper ...
... sued, engage in contracts, and acquire property. It provides information technology services primarily in the Western United States. SSC strives for excellence when providing development solutions, strengthening existing business processed and implementation services. Its business is influenced by economic, government, and legal changes.
The economic influences that affect SSC are interest rates, monetary policies, inflation rate, unemployment rate, and consumer confidence. Interest rates are rates that is charged or paid for the use of money while inflation rates increase the price of goods and services. Unemployment rate and consumer confidence have a drastic affect on business. If unemployment rises,
consumer confidence will decline as well as business and revenue. The government influences are regulations, payroll taxes, budget deficit, and government debt.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction (Academic context to support your investigation) The importance of physical environment on customers is widely recognised by managers and mentioned in many service industry. It is true that customers will make use of a service enterprise if they perceive that the service provided will be of high quality (Brady & Cronin, 2001). According to Abdullah Rosario (2009), quality of services delivered plays considerably a major role in shaping and manipulating customer satisfaction. With customer satisfaction comes positive customer behaviour.... [tags: Physical Environment, Quality Service, Customer]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Executive Summary Business Overview: The proposed small boutique hotel will have up to 30 rooms for accommodations with a small restaurant, catering for 50 people and serving and breakfast and Dinner. In addition, the hotel will have a public / cocktail bar, swimming pool, tennis court, swimming pool and gymnasium. Ownership Structure: The ownership structure of this small boutique hotel will be sole proprietorship. Business Name of the Hotel: ‘Hotel Dreamland’ Location: The location to establish this new business is New South Wales (NSW), Australia.... [tags: Business Proposal]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- Analysis of the External Environment of Business A business' is commonly defined as an organisation which provides goods or services in addition to transforming input into output. Its objectives can either be profitable or non-profitable. One of the main requirements that must be fulfilled for a business to exist is that it must act and react to activities and occurrences beyond that of the organisation. These factors that happen outside of the business are known as external influences or factors.... [tags: Business Technology Analysis]
1681 words (4.8 pages)
- Negotiations occur every day in the business and personal environments. Depending on one’s perspective, business negotiations may have more importance or personal negotiations may have more importance. However, business negotiations, and personal negotiations are intertwining. Business negotiations can have an influence on personal negotiations and personal negotiation can influence business negotiations. Experiences through business negotiations, even if subconsciously, often determine the outcomes of personal negotiations.... [tags: Business Management ]
1636 words (4.7 pages)
- Problem Statement Peter owns a chain of health food stores in the United States. His store specializes in selling organically grown produce and health food to the local niche market. The entry of a new rival into the market has reduced the market dominance previously enjoyed by Peter’s company. The rival company, an established grocery store, is offering similar organic and health products. Relevant Facts Related to the Problem Some of the main factors for the decline in customers and sales are: Competition: Entry of the grocery store chain into the organic and health food market has made a cut into the customer base.... [tags: Business Analysis Management]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- The Effect of the External Environment on Work in Australia This essay considers how changes in the external environment of organisations have altered the world of work. Australia is currently experiencing a period of economic growth. But some new challenges have appeared. Australian organisations are facing skill shortages and an aging workforce. This shortage has been addressed by introduction of new technology in workplaces and influx of immigration workers. Organisations in Australia, similar to those in other developed economies, are also struggling with changing workforce demographics, changing nature of work, incorporating and utilizing the rapid advances in technology, and addressin... [tags: Business Environment Work Force]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- Intelligence What are the influences of environment and heredity on measured intelligence. HEREDITY Psychologists are greatly divided over whether heredity or environment has a more dominant influence on individual intelligence. Although some animal studies appear to suggest heredity have the greatest influence, a seemingly more accurate conclusion may be drawn form human studies on intelligence. In studies on the similarities between IQ of siblings reared in the same and separate environments, the IQ of fraternal twins reared together showed greater similarity than the scores of ordinary siblings.... [tags: essays research papers]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Current Business Practices Audit Non-sustainable practices are significant for businesses to confirm they are enduring by all government and federal code of practice. Businesses that demonstrate they upkeep about the clienteles they are selling to have a well fortuitous of accomplishment. Investigating methods to use ecologically friendly goods and to reject the dangerous elements in the business’s goods is important to the next age group. Riordan’s four plants have insufficient practices that are required to be altered to support the surroundings and the firm.... [tags: BP oil spill, environment, sustainable business]
1405 words (4 pages)
- Introduction In this paper we will discuss the operations of the proposed business and the effects of the economy, the government and laws from a value added perspective in the global community. As this business is a service business the focus will be on the effect of those external influences on supply chain management and best practices. Business Operations Project management companies handle various types of projects to include: Internet technology, construction projects, medical management projects, marketing and business strategy projects, and more.... [tags: Business]
1064 words (3 pages)
- The Influences of Scientific Management on Organization Taylor, who firstly brought up a new topic, Scientific Management, which is considered the strongest and only economical motive by both workman and entrepreneur in the early 20th centuries. It includes three parts: a) the study of time and action; b) the management on assignment; c) the theory of organization. (8)Taylor’s theory created a revolution in the subject of management because it was the first scientific method in field of management science.... [tags: Business Management]
1427 words (4.1 pages)