I have always been interested in cars. Since my childhood I had the wish to know the mechanism of how cars work; so that I can build my own cars and eventually create and design my own brand. Due to the new revolution in car industry my interest in cars has gone even higher than before because these new revolution cars are environment friendly. This new revolution has been brought to the car industry by the introduction of hybrid cars because of the high fuel consumption and the increasing pollution; this is the best alternative despite the low performance and high maintenance cost, hybrid cars will overtake the conventional cars soon.
Hybrid cars are the transportation of the future. A hybrid vehicle is a vehicle that uses two or more distinct power sources to move the vehicle. Humans have been driving around since the 1880’s. From fuel-efficient coupes, to gas guzzling SUVs, or even the mega-expensive supercars, all use gasoline. Gasoline is the main factor that either makes or breaks the sale of a car. These hybrid cars are environmental friendly and may save some pennies in the pocket but still expensive to buy.
There are four types of hybrid cars. The first hybrid car in the list is Parallel hybrid car and series hybrid car. A parallel hybrid car uses both the engine and the electric motor to power the wheels. In a parallel hybrid, the gasoline engine and electric motor work together in parallel to generate the power in the vehicle to move forward. The second hybrid car in the list is a series hybrid car, the electric motor in the does all the work of generating power in the vehicle. While a series hybrid car does have a gasoline powered engine, but the engine does not have a direct conn...
... middle of paper ...
...ill be able to retrieve much more benefit of your investment on a hybrid rather than a gasoline powered engine car.
The important feature of a hybrid car is when it comes to a dead stop. Until this era, the normal cars where designed in a way in which they gained momentum and energy when they accelerate but when they come to a stop they lose all the momentum and energy. Which makes gasoline powered engine cars less efficient on fuel consumption and more harmful to the environment because now they will produce more harmful gases. This problem has been fixed by the engineers who designed the hybrid cars. When hybrid car comes to a stop it regains its energy which it lost when it was accelerating; this makes the car more efficient then gasoline powered engine car. The braking system in hybrid car recharges the battery which is a great or best thing to have in a car.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- New technology has been emerging to help the environment. There have been many different inventions created in order to help protect our planet and to help people be more efficient with using energy. A popular invention is hybrid cars. The question is should consumers invest in buying one. Many people know about hybrid cars, but many people don’t know exactly how they work, therefore they find no interest in investing to buy one. Hybrid cars are extremely different than a gasoline car. Gasoline cars run off only gasoline, which produces more pollution that goes into the air.... [tags: Hybrid Cars, technology, ]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Regular Ford Hybrid repair service is important for your Ford hybrid car; however, you should make sure that you take it to the right place for that service. Ford hybrid cars are among the most advanced hybrid cars on the market. Ford has invested significantly in the development of top quality hybrid systems and powertrains for its hybrid cars. The hybrid features that Ford has installed in its hybrid cars are unique to those in most other hybrid cars, and because of that, it is wise to only have your Ford hybrid car repaired by certified, Ford hybrid car technicians.... [tags: Plug-in hybrid, Automobile, Catalytic converter]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- If you listen to the car companies, hybrid cars are the best invention since sliced bread. While there are many reasons to buy a hybrid car, including a new tax incentive for US owners, it doesn't hurt to have a good understanding of how they work. This article explores the myths, benefits and drawbacks of owning one of these new "green" vehicles. Are hybrid cars really more cost effective. What is a hybrid car. Basically, it's a normal, fuel efficient car that has two motors an electric motor and a gasoline powered motor.... [tags: Hybrid Automobiles Cars]
1191 words (3.4 pages)
- The Efficiency of Hybrid Cars Transportation is a large concern in today’s modern world. Most individuals have opted to buy vehicles for their personal use. Most of these vehicles consume gasoline and a smaller proportion is hybrid based. These two types of vehicles have many similarities. The two such vehicles require an energy source and both types of vehicles provide an important function to society. That function is to provide people with a reliable form of transportation. Although these two types of vehicles have many similarities, their differences are what distinguish them.... [tags: Hybrid Cars Car Gasoline Efficient Essays]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- I have always wondered what Hybrid cars were all about. Especially because over the past couple of years gas prices have been at record highs. I knew that there were such things as electric cars but until this last year or so I have only seen the wealthy be able to afford to drive them. And from what I had heard about Hybrid cars was that they were over priced, small, and not so attractive cars. No wonder nobody owns them. Now I am starting to see them more often and they aren’t as bad as everyone had said.... [tags: Cars Car Hybrids Gas Essays Vehicle Automobile]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- To hybrid or not to hybrid, that is the question Hybrid electric cars are the wave of the future. At this point, the human race does not really have a choice anymore: we must act now to prevent further warming of our planet. With global warming graduating from theory to fact, and in the wake of some of the most devastating storms our civilized world has ever seen, I strode into a nearby Honda dealership to see what kind of advancements are being made in the Hybrid electric vehicle field. Keeping in mind what a typical college student might be looking for in a car: pleasing aesthetics, affordability and low maintenance cost, I present you my findings on the Honda Civic LX, compared with the... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- These cars operate from a rechargeable battery and gasoline. The engines are smaller so that they will be able to accommodate the 99% of time when the car is not going uphill or accelerating quickly. The battery is used to give extra acceleration power if needed. When the car is stopped, hybrid gasoline motors can shut off and run off their electric motor and battery. These cars are aerodynamic and the tires are often stiffer and inflated higher to reduce dragging. According to a November 16, 2004 article written in the parents magazine, hybrid cars are no different from the gas powered car.... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- 1 Introduction A healthy and prosperous society is based on a healthy and prosperous economy. And during the last century, following the economic growth, the social networks expansion and the geographic dispersion of economic activities, transport became the spinal column of commercial and industrial interaction. The capacity of individuals as well as firms to exchange goods and services became crucial not only for economic purposes but also for better life quality. Unfortunately, the drawback effects of transport have an important impact on the natural and human environments on one hand, and on the growing fuel consumption accompanying the current oil crisis on another hand.... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
2003 words (5.7 pages)
- Want to buy a hybrid car. Consider the facts. You may be correct in thinking that you should buy a hybrid car or SUV, but are you thinking you need it for the right reasons. Kevin Ransom’s article “Reasons to buy a hybrid – or not” updated on CNN’s website in January 28, discusses many aspects consumers should consider when thinking about buying a hybrid vehicle. He makes good points, but he needs some better ones to convince me. Ransom is making an argument with plenty of statistics for buying a hybrid and trying at the same time to give you somewhat of a counterargument against buying a hybrid.... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1373 words (3.9 pages)
- Field Experience Report Hybrid Cars The world population is increasing at a massive rate and with the increase in population growth more space is needed for building houses, roads, schools, hospitals, etc. “The world's population will rise from 6.5 billion to 9.1 billion by 2050, according to a United Nations survey released Thursday. Much of the growth will take place in the least-developed countries, where a high rate of mortality is outweighed by an even higher rate of fertility. Their current collective population of 800 million is projected to swell to 1.7 billion in 2050.” (Wald) Human population growth can be seen as having a major impact on the environment as human activities are i... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1815 words (5.2 pages)