... middle of paper ...
...ce a newbie that they will do well in an event and get them to run it and they come back to me and tell me how well they did. It makes me so happy when someone has confidence in themselves and does well in an event. Another thing that makes me really happy is seeing someone on the track team, no matter what grade they are, accomplish their goal. Whether that goal be to run a good time or jump a certain distance.It makes me happy because I think they deserve that accomplishment after all of the hard work that they have put in. Seeing people improve and slowly get better is what inspires me to work harder and get better myself and continue to be a member of the track team and the captain. Of all the volunteer work I do and all of the clubs that I am in school I get joy by just being a part of them and seeing the little or big accomplishments of the people I am helping.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Why High School Students Dropout Its graduation night and the moths nipping at the street lights aren’t the only active flying insects. Inside a sprawling auditorium, filled to rafters with family, friends, and faculty the butterflies have taken up residence in the future graduates stomachs. There is an overwhelming feeling of pride, happiness, and accomplishment in the air. Camera flashes shimmer like distant stars across the crowd as spectators reserve memories for later recollection. Satin caps and gowns shine bright under the venue’s lights and the bearers of those gowns have the most ecstatic of faces.... [tags: High school, Education, Graduation, Adolescence]
1400 words (4 pages)
- When I first began school in this district at County Junior High in seventh grade, I had no idea that I, along with my classmates, would have the privilege of building the New High School. Of course I don't mean the physical, brick-by-brick building; I mean the building of High School's spirit, the tradition of pride and achievement that permeates every brick, every part of our school. I had no idea what impact we would have in both the academic and athletic realms. Our group activities have fought for and won honors that can be envied by every other school.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
382 words (1.1 pages)
- High School is over. Over the years I had many challenges with how many days I missed and stuff to do with my classes, also just people in plain general (I almost got into fights multiple times). Do not let people bother you, just know you are better than them and will do better things in life. Stay positive. Sometimes in my classes though, I just would not get the material being said and tutoring did not help at all and sometimes you get the awful "teachers" that cannot teach. I had very few successes like passing each grade and graduating soon, what I had the most of though was failures.... [tags: Teacher, High school, School, Education]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- What I want to become is a police officer; no, I want to become a basketball player. I had all these goals in my head but didn’t know which one to accomplish. I wanted to help people and the community in some way. Yet, I also wanted to make difference in the lives of others, to give them second chance. I wanted to do something fun, exciting and work hard has part of a team. My aunt was a police officer in the Dominican Republic and when I was small I always looked up to her. She was a loyal person and my hero.... [tags: career, ]
530 words (1.5 pages)
- I have always felt a little different from my colleagues. School and academics come naturally to me. As fellow classmates struggled with comprehending what we were learning, I flew by with little to no effort. With no real challenges, I was forced to wait for the other kids to catch up to me. Luckily, all this changed when I enrolled into 4th grade Dimensions Academy. All through four and a half years of DA, I have achieved so much more academically than I ever could have imagined for someone my age.... [tags: Educational years, High school, Seventh grade]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Oedipus is a tragic tall of a man trying to avoid his fate, and instead running right towards it. When he was young Oedipus found out he was destined to kill his father and marry his mother. In an attempt to negate the prophecy, he leaves his parents only to kill is father along the road thus unknowingly setting up the groundwork for him to marry his mother. The town of Thebes, where his parents ruled, was hounded by a sphinx that devoured anyone who could not answer her question. Oedipus challenges the beast, answers the riddle, and defeats her.... [tags: Oedipus, Sphinx, Delphi, Oedipus the King]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Toltec Civilization The Toltec civilization was one of the greatest Mesoamerican civilizations, prospering between 900 to 1150 CE. The Toltecs preceded the legendary Aztec civilization in Mesoamerica, who regarded them as their “great intellectual and cultural predecessors” (ancient.eu). They played a key role in maintaining the Mesoamerican culture that was passed down by several older civilizations including the Olmec, Teotihuacan, and Mayan civilizations. Much of what is known about the ancient Toltecs is derived from Aztec along with other Mesoamerican texts which document even older oral descriptions of historical events.... [tags: Mesoamerica, Aztec, Toltec, Quetzalcoatl]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Introduction With the ever changing philosophies and expectations of education and curriculum in the United States, school district are constantly looking for techniques to increase academic performance. A school districts ability to keep up with the latest changes related to curriculum and academic expectations helps schools adjust instructional methods and improve potential deficiencies. The “Four Circle Model” is a model focused upon determining exactly what a school wants to accomplish it, and the fashion in which to go about accomplishing it.... [tags: High school, Education, Academia, College]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- Going back to my fourth and fifth grade years, I can honestly tell you that I was one of those kids that needed extra help when it came to reading, writing, and comprehending. My family and I moved to the biggest city that ever lived in which is Cleveland, Ohio and I just started a new school year. (It actually wasn’t that bad either now that I actually realize that I made a lot of friends. I was getting used to the new suburban area around me.RUN_ON) Later on in the school year, my teachers were worried about my reading and writing skills, so one day it was parent-teacher conferences and my teacher was informing my mother that I needed extra help with those skills.... [tags: High school, Educational years, Middle school]
1233 words (3.5 pages)
- Throughout the years the percentage of students dropping out of high school has increased. “Every year, over 1.2 million students drop out of high school in the United States alone. That’s a student every 26 seconds or 7,000 a day” (11 Facts About High School Dropout Rates). One student that leaves school may not seem that much, but one student can become several more, until most jobs such as Wendy 's, McDonald, factories and many more in this category will have a high percentage of high school dropouts.... [tags: Educational years, High school, Dropout]
1195 words (3.4 pages)