The people of Brownsville are what let me see life in a whole new light. I see a lot of people that never leave the city. I have seen so many families that barely make ends meet, and go on to live their whole life like this. Some people say the world does not revolve around money, and the people who say that probably have never known what it means to barely put food on the table every day. Being from this town has brought me realization that I now have the ability to make something great out of my life by furthering my education to get a job of my choice one day where I won’t have to struggle for my family. In Brownsville I have learn that it is all about saving every penny and making sure I am smart of my own earned money. To put it another way, I feel the majority of people appreciate everything that they work for and always make the best out of what they have, even though it may not be much. Working at a supermarket for about a year gives me the credibly to talk about a large majority of people how live life with this mentality. My own family can vouch for this because I have seen the times that my parents were struggling to pay bills or put food on the tabl...
... middle of paper ...
... not make all A’s. By the last two years of my high school they expected me to be getting all A’s and seemed disappointed when I didn’t get them all. Never anger or mean about it, they just expected much more out of me, that’s how it has been all my life, and that’s how it will always be.
Trying to just point out something else that has made me who I am, I feel like I have always been wise. With my groups of friends for as long as I can remember I have always been the smartest one, or the one that knows the right thing to do the best way possible. I even make pointless mistakes that and have found to be myself to be extremely creative along the way. Trying to characterize myself is a difficult process, but I feel like I touched on most of the main points that make me how I am right now, and I am sure I will continue to change as I grow older and experience more.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My coworkers at every job always say “you’re the most positive person I know”. I’m thinking if they only knew. I wasn’t always like this; I use to be the most miserable, depressed, disillusioned person in the room, and I still have bad days but I know how to feel, deal and keep my expectations real. There comes a time in a person’s life when their given an opportunity to make an impact on their life or a life of another and sometimes that impact is as simple as a few words or a sentence. I had that someone and those few words to change my life.... [tags: counselor, mental health, career]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- Message to reader, in this essay you 'll get a look into my life journey of how I became an artist and the person I am today. From my thoughts and memories you will get vivid images of me expressing my childhood, failures, and to success. All of this will tell the tale of my experience on becoming the artist I am today. It all began back in Brooklyn, New York around 1998 I was your average hyper super active seven year old. The only difference with me at the time is that I always had a pen or pencil in my hand ready to draw.... [tags: Art, Arts, Drawing, High school]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- When thinking about how I became the sexual person I am today various things run through my mind. So far it has been an exciting and enjoyable learning experience. Understanding what I like and who I am has nourished the person I am today. I feel like I have definitely developed into the sexual person I want to be so far and hopefully in the future I get to developed more in this aspect. Throughout the years I have undergone various personal experiences that have impacted the sexual person I am today staggeringly.... [tags: Sexual intercourse, Human sexual behavior]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- ... Having won the Top 16 Award in the China Division of the competition, I was clearer than ever that corporate finance was to be the field of my graduate study and career. With my interest narrowed down as such, I was enthusiastically involved in internship programs with the actual business workplace. What broadens my horizon is my internship in Bank of East Asia. I worked in the Corporate Finance Department----business plan and analysis team. It is the first time for me to realize the importance of rigorous accounting process to a successful company and to feel interested in this very challenging job.... [tags: graduate, china, professional]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- Statement of purpose We live in a continually changing world; however, my passion of engineering broke that fact. I can always remember when I was a kid how much I was obsessed with how the stuff around me functioned. When I was six years old, I disassembled my father mechanical alarm clock to see how it works; I still remember the glaze in my eyes while watching the gears inside the clock moving in a specific way to make this beautifully elegant yet simple invention. Since that day I became more obsessed with how the mechanics behind objects around me worked.... [tags: High school, United States]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- As we take part on the journey known as life, we find ourselves incessantly interacting with people of similar or different beliefs that correspond or challenge our own. Whether it is an important job presentation or an informal party, we are surrounded with people of different religious faith, ethnicity, and social status. This constant interaction with other people will often present opportunities that allow us to grow personally with someone who may be a polar opposite of us. Although two people may walk their own unique paths, a person with an open mind can discover a whole different view of this aesthetic world and, perhaps, as a reward, develop a lifelong friendship with that person.... [tags: Human, Religion, Person, Health]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Everyone is supposed to have a story about how he/she became the reader and writer he/she is today. For me, my story is not just about how I became an exceptional reader and writer; it is about how I became the person I am. I do not have some dark childhood story filled with depressed memories. I had a delightful childhood and cannot complain about anything that I have been through. However, I feel as if I live a life much different from all the children I knew. I grew up in a higher middle-class family within a town below the poverty line.... [tags: High school, College, Youth, Family]
1045 words (3 pages)
- There are factors that can effect a person’s ethical or unethical decisions, which consist of individual, organizational, and opportunity factors. Individual factors can be defined as an individual that bases their ethical or unethical decisions on their beliefs of what is right or wrong (Thorne, O. Ferrell, & L. Ferrell, 2011, p. 185). Organizational factors are when individuals base ethical or unethical decisions on a set of values and norms shared by members or employees of a company (Thorne, O.... [tags: Morality, Ethics, Dennis Kozlowski, Person]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Little Empathy in Brecht's The Good Person of Szechwan and Mother Courage and Her Children Brecht is very successful in creating a form of drama where empathy plays little part. In The Good Person of Szechwan it would seem that every action and word is an attempt to alienate us and halt any identification one may chance to make. The indiscernible use of names for characters exaggerating the oriental sound of them is immediately noticeable i.e. 'Wang', 'Shin' 'Sun', 'Shen Te', 'Shu Ta', etc. There is also the use of language and intonation in relation to others revealing personality and social position, which comes in the form of oriental 'bows'.... [tags: Brecht Good Person Szechwan Essays]
2416 words (6.9 pages)
- The Reasons Hitler Became Chancellor After over ten years of trying, in 1933 Hitler and the Nazis had almost fulfilled their goal to hold all power in Germany. The Nazis were by far the most powerful party in the Reichstag holding the most seats, and Hitler being made Chancellor, but it wasn't that simple, in fact it was very complicated. There were several big contributors to Hitler becoming Chancellor. The Great Depression, one the worst times for Germany, and countries across the world.... [tags: Papers]
815 words (2.3 pages)