Horror is an extremely popular genre when it comes time to deciding on a good movie to watch with a best friend or group of friends. Filled with twisted ideas, blood, gore, and supernatural occurring’s, I can understand why a lot of Americans do not crave putting in such a film. What I do not understand is why a lot of them don’t enjoy a good scare here and there. I dont see the mass majority of people watching for the pure pleasure of the ideas and images a film provokes. Most horror movies show possibilities with a real risk factor, diving into a world filled with killers, clowns, and your skilled boogie man. We’re not watching because we feed off the violence and twisted scenes, but were craving the feeling and adrenaline that is triggered by such images and ideas. Watching from a safe place such as your couch, offers an out of body experience simply by putting on a movie. For me, there was nothing more exciting that really could happen late at night, espec...
... middle of paper ...
...n era of new findings. For instance, your first reaction when driving by a major car accident is to look, we have the innate tendency to catch a glimpse of the world no one wants to really experience. We know that when we look, odds are were not going to witness a unicorn jumping over a rainbow, but the possibility of seeing a horrific accident or even a mangled body.
One of the lasts things Stephen King said to wrap up his essay was, “It Keeps them down there and me up here”. Proposing that were all a little bit crazy, and are in need of horrible graphic ideas and thoughts . Not suggesting that we crave the rush and blood throbbing experience, but enjoying the dark side we all carry in us. After 8 years of enjoying horror movies I will confidently advocate that the reason we “crave a horror movie,” is simply because you crave the initial feeling it provokes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The definition of prolific is to produce something with abundance or high frequency. Prolific writing for experts, who could be authors, novelists, ghostwriters, etc…, would be to produce a large quantity of writing in a short time. Some novelists are capable of writing a book in a month or just a week. In the classroom prolificacy would be writing often, no matter the length of each work. For students, most writing is for practicing the different types of writing. Prolific writing should not be frowned upon in publishing or classrooms.... [tags: Writing, Writer, Writing process, Creative writing]
1877 words (5.4 pages)
- The Castle- Original Writing I walked down the narrow, moonlight lane on my way to the park. I was meeting Summer, Leon and Tiffany. It was really cold and it was beginning to get dark. I felt nervous walking down the lane as there were no lights. Eventually I got to the end of the lane and as I turned the corner I could see the park in the distance. I could hear summer laughing like a hyena. I carried on walking. Leon was shining the bright torch in my face. My eyes stung and I grabbed the torch from his plump, sticky hand.... [tags: Papers]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- It was a windy day in the fall, a Saturday to be exact, and the trees were bare and the ground was cold. There was a midnight frost that had melted away as the sunshine left the grass with the familiar dewey residue that would make the lower half of one’s canvas-dyed converse damp and slightly moist, but not enough to bother the sock. I trudged through this natural slop and wound my key lanyard nervously around my fingers, contemplating the idea of just throwing my home key into the thin strip of woods between my house and the next, knowing it would be hard to find them once I did.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Parent]
2125 words (6.1 pages)
- As I walked into to my grandparents house with cardboard boxes and bubble wrap to help pack of the many belongings of my grandparents so my grandmother could move in with us. I was hit with a sense of stillness in the air. Normal when I would walk into my grandparent house. I was hit with sound of galloping horses coming from the tv in the living room where my papa sat in his favorite leather recliner watching western movies or the smell of delicious homemade food flowing out of the kitchen. Sadly today neither filled the house but the sound of family member helping pack away my grandparents belongs into cardboard boxes.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Watch, Clock]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Rob Zombie is a storyteller of horror with an extreme vision of evil that awakens the dead with deep emotion. Robert Cummings was a child that knew he loved horror movies at an early age. Through dreams, passion and lots of handwork he has become an iconic horror symbol. Rob Zombie has become an authorial archetype of the twenty-first century American horror. He is an auteur. Auteur meaning, “a filmmaker whose personal influence and artistic control over a movie are so great that the filmmaker is regarded as the author of the movie.” As a screenwriter he has found his own unique audience.... [tags: Horror film, Film, Horror and terror, Halloween]
1416 words (4 pages)
- What is a horror film and why do so many viewers adore being terrified. Horror is a genre that has a goal to petrify their audience, making one feel nervous and realizing their fears. Several of us have a dark side whether we know it or not. Those who tend to fall in love with horror do for many intentions; however, countless fans refuse to watch scary films. Horror has several meanings; therefore, if you enjoy twisted situations you fall under the select group that lives to watch scary films. If not, you may dislike it due to your younger years, bad dreams, or even anxiety.... [tags: Horror film, Film, Horror and terror]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- The topic I have chosen for my investigation is horror/gore films. The hypothesis I am trying to show is the desensitisation audiences have adopted from films such as Carrie and The Human Centipede. What I have noticed over the years is the competition within the film industry over who can produce the most thrilling, spine-tingling and downright mortifying horror films that will still attract audiences. There are always reams of people who are dismayed by the copious amounts of blood and gore they find in most horror/thriller films, so why are productions like these still being made.... [tags: Horror film, Film, Horror films, Time]
1554 words (4.4 pages)
- A Horror Story - Original Writing It was a windy night. John was home alone,because,his Mom and Dad had gone out to dinner.John was doing his homework,because,he was bored. After a half an hour John rang his girlfriend up.He asked her to come over and bring her girlfriends with her,because,his friends are coming too.His girlfriend(Mary) said; 'okey,I'll come and I will bring my friends with me too'.What Mary did not know was that John had an plan.Not just a plan but an evil plan.... [tags: Papers]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- English Horror Story - Original Writing I was driving for about three hours when I realised I had taken the wrong turning and was hopelessly lost. I pulled over to the side and found my mobile phone in order to phone for help. Surprisingly, the battery had run completely low and I began to feel a sense of panic as it was rapidly becoming darker. In the distance, I saw the outline of a house and I thought that I could detect smoke coming out of the chimney. I decided that I had no option but to make my way to the house and ask for directions and for the use of the telephone as my family would be getting worried about me.... [tags: Papers]
1921 words (5.5 pages)
- When Brothers Share A Wife
- Canada 's Current Electoral System
- Reasons For Vote For Right Wing Parties
- The Article Am I Thin Enough Yet?
- Capitalism : Capitalism And Capitalism
- Hegemonic Masculinity : Not Associate Hegemony With The Governance Of A Solitary Individual Or Any Structuralist Energy Phenomena