One type of cosmetic in the fashion industry would be eyelash extensions, or fake eyelashes. Eyelash extensions have been around since 1916 , but recently have become a trend. The first fake eyelashes were made of human hair and were made for an actress to wear in a movie. Fake eyelashes can be made from human hair or from synthetic materials. There are two different kinds of fake eyelashes. There are temporary and eyelash extensions, The main difference is that the adhesive or glue, that comes with them last a longer or shorter amount of time. When choosing what type of false eyelashes you want you can choose between thin or thick, long or short, or even the color of the eyelashes . Eyelash extension prices can be from five dollars to five hundred dollars. The price depends on the quality and make of the eyelashes. False eyelashes can be used for personal use, special occasions , movies , modeling Etc. Some people use eyelashes for little girls between the ages of 4-9 for beauty pageants. Another thing about false eyelashes is that you can have a professional put them on! There are such people called “ Lash Stylist” or “Lash Technicians” that specialize in the field of eyelash extensions.Certain companies provide training for false eyelashes and some provide a certification .
Corrective makeup is one of the most widely used makeup techniques used today. Some people call corrective makeup “cosmetic camouflage” . Corrective makeup is the application of makeup to hide or conce...
... middle of paper ...
...k. If you wanted to work as a professional at hair extensions or eyelash extensions you could work in a salon, as celebrity hair stylist, as a personal hair stylist, or have your own business . Many cosmetologist that work in salons have had years and years of experience and have never touched hair extensions and have no clue as to how they are put in. If you are considering being a corrective makeup artist you could work in a salon and do makeup for things,like weddings, proms, beauty pageants, family pictures and other everyday things.Special effects makeup artist can get jobs from being a salon makeup artist to working in hollywood doing makeup for all the big movies.
With all of the different kinds and techniques of cosmetics it is easy to make someone look like a completely different person . There are many opportunities in doing hair extensions and makeup .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The American Heritage dictionary defines cosmetology as “The study of cosmetics and their use.” Cosmetology is more than just hair or nails. It’s a massive world of everything from cosmetics to skin care. Cosmetology opens not just one door, but multiple to other careers in this field of work. The career of cosmetology is a positively frantic world because of the different aspects and other related fields. The research will describe the career of being a cosmetologist, what is required to become a successful stylist/cosmetologist, and the impact if this career on society.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology, Manicure, Skin]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- The cosmetics industry is very large, continuously growing, and looking for ways to add or replace ingredients while cutting production costs down. The industry has six core categories that it is divided up into; makeup, hair care, fragrance, skin care, oral care, and toiletries that consist of soaps and shower gels. Within all of these categories synthetic substances are used in the final product that consumers take home with them. It is not commonly known that the synthetic substances added to these personal care products and their packaging can be detrimental to the consumer’s health as well as the environment.... [tags: Cosmetics, Hygiene, Personal care]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- Cosmetics have multiple uses worldwide and various forms have existed for many years. Beauty products originated in Egypt in The modern cosmetic industry rose and prospered in the United States and Europe in the 1920s along with the popularity of flappers. Flappers were identified as a “’new breed’ of young Western women in the 1920s” (“Flapper.” 1). These women had tendencies to smoke, drink, and have casual sex. Flappers wore short skirts and dresses, and excessive amounts of makeup. They wore more makeup than was “previously acceptable outside of theatre usage” (“Flapper” 1).... [tags: Beauty Products, Egypt, Flappers, History]
1843 words (5.3 pages)
- Vanity, self esteem, and covering our imperfections are just a few of the reasons Americans are obsessed with cosmetics. The cosmetic industry has become a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States. Although cosmetics and treatments have changed over the centuries, the purpose remains the same- to improve and enhance our appearance. Cosmetics not only provide us with more beautiful features, flawless skin, and less wrinkles, they have become a part of who we are. The practice of makeup and cosmetic application first originated in the era of the Ancient Egyptians around 4000 BC.... [tags: Health & Beauty]
1389 words (4 pages)
- Trends in the Hospitality Industry Nowadays trends are everywhere. You can find them in every industry and they play a huge role. The retro trend in clothing, the SUV trend in the car industry, but nowhere else are trends more important than in the hospitality industry. But what exactly is a trend. A trend describes usually the time measurable course of a development into a certain quantitative and/or qualitative direction. In economics, trends are changes of the behavior of the society. In marketing research this describes the change and development of the consumerism and consumption behavior.... [tags: Industry Trends]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- If someone were to look at the Victorian society or the American society today, the makeup worn by the women would reflect the women’s lifestyles. Women in Victorian England, like American women today, were seen as more beautiful with makeup. However, the purpose and appearance of the makeup were different; paleness was the ideal then, whereas women today want a healthy glow. What is the significance of this difference. Alexandrina Victoria reigned over the British for a longer time than any other royalty in British history.... [tags: Beauty ]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Black|Up and Iman cosmetics share the same demographic. Both brands are trying to reach the multicultural beauty market. With black women spending an “estimated $7.5 billion annually on beauty products, shelling out 80% more on cosmetics and twice as much on skin care as their non-Black counterpart,” reaching this demographic is essential for both cosmetic lines (Bryant). In courting this market, Black|Up and Iman cosmetics differ in marketing strategies. Black|Up cosmetics specifically targets women of color.... [tags: Cosmetics, Human skin color, Marketing]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- Trends and Conditions Paper Introduction When starting a small business, in the food and beverage industry, there are always several trends and conditions that will affect your business, including consumer choice. Consumers want to be able to chose their personal preferences, which have been focused on natural culinary ingredients, that are sourced locally, and that possess natural and sustainable factors; becoming a healthier lifestyle, for most. Kudler Fine Foods provides consumers with specialty food, beverages, cuisines, and culinary themes that will have an influence on the trends for 2015, (Food Trends, 2015).... [tags: Food, Food industry, Food security, Famine]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Although cosmetics became widely popular in the 1900s, tombs from 3100 B.C. have revealed that makeup originated in the first Egyptian Dynasty ("The History of Makeup", 1). Researchers found that these cosmetics contained ingredients that ranged from lead to cat dung; both of which are toxic. The use of toxic chemicals in cosmetics, such as coal tar, negatively impacts a person's health. Cosmetic companies put consumers' health at risk due to the use of toxic chemicals, marketing ploys and failure to properly regulate their own products and the chemicals they contain.... [tags: Toxic Chemicals in Cosmetics]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- Retail industry Trends A trend simply reflects what seems to be going around at any given time. A trend can be in any area and doesn’t only reflect fashion, pop culture and entertainment. There can also be a trend in the stock market to be bullish or bearish, depending on economic indicators, or a political trend reflecting on a nation’s current mood (Vocabulary.com, 2016). Trends impacting the retail industry include social, environmental and technological trends, in ways that can either negatively affect or be beneficial to the industry.... [tags: Retailing, Online shopping, Plastic shopping bag]
1000 words (2.9 pages)