One type of cosmetic in the fashion industry would be eyelash extensions, or fake eyelashes. Eyelash extensions have been around since 1916 , but recently have become a trend. The first fake eyelashes were made of human hair and were made for an actress to wear in a movie. Fake eyelashes can be made from human hair or from synthetic materials. There are two different kinds of fake eyelashes. There are temporary and eyelash extensions, The main difference is that the adhesive or glue, that comes with them last a longer or shorter amount of time. When choosing what type of false eyelashes you want you can choose between thin or thick, long or short, or even the color of the eyelashes . Eyelash extension prices can be from five dollars to five hundred dollars. The price depends on the quality and make of the eyelashes. False eyelashes can be used for personal use, special occasions , movies , modeling Etc. Some people use eyelashes for little girls between the ages of 4-9 for beauty pageants. Another thing about false eyelashes is that you can have a professional put them on! There are such people called “ Lash Stylist” or “Lash Technicians” that specialize in the field of eyelash extensions.Certain companies provide training for false eyelashes and some provide a certification .
Corrective makeup is one of the most widely used makeup techniques used today. Some people call corrective makeup “cosmetic camouflage” . Corrective makeup is the application of makeup to hide or conce...
... middle of paper ...
...k. If you wanted to work as a professional at hair extensions or eyelash extensions you could work in a salon, as celebrity hair stylist, as a personal hair stylist, or have your own business . Many cosmetologist that work in salons have had years and years of experience and have never touched hair extensions and have no clue as to how they are put in. If you are considering being a corrective makeup artist you could work in a salon and do makeup for things,like weddings, proms, beauty pageants, family pictures and other everyday things.Special effects makeup artist can get jobs from being a salon makeup artist to working in hollywood doing makeup for all the big movies.
With all of the different kinds and techniques of cosmetics it is easy to make someone look like a completely different person . There are many opportunities in doing hair extensions and makeup .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cosmetics have multiple uses worldwide and various forms have existed for many years. Beauty products originated in Egypt in The modern cosmetic industry rose and prospered in the United States and Europe in the 1920s along with the popularity of flappers. Flappers were identified as a “’new breed’ of young Western women in the 1920s” (“Flapper.” 1). These women had tendencies to smoke, drink, and have casual sex. Flappers wore short skirts and dresses, and excessive amounts of makeup. They wore more makeup than was “previously acceptable outside of theatre usage” (“Flapper” 1).... [tags: Beauty Products, Egypt, Flappers, History]
1843 words (5.3 pages)
- Vanity, self esteem, and covering our imperfections are just a few of the reasons Americans are obsessed with cosmetics. The cosmetic industry has become a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States. Although cosmetics and treatments have changed over the centuries, the purpose remains the same- to improve and enhance our appearance. Cosmetics not only provide us with more beautiful features, flawless skin, and less wrinkles, they have become a part of who we are. The practice of makeup and cosmetic application first originated in the era of the Ancient Egyptians around 4000 BC.... [tags: Health & Beauty]
1389 words (4 pages)
- Although cosmetics became widely popular in the 1900s, tombs from 3100 B.C. have revealed that makeup originated in the first Egyptian Dynasty ("The History of Makeup", 1). Researchers found that these cosmetics contained ingredients that ranged from lead to cat dung; both of which are toxic. The use of toxic chemicals in cosmetics, such as coal tar, negatively impacts a person's health. Cosmetic companies put consumers' health at risk due to the use of toxic chemicals, marketing ploys and failure to properly regulate their own products and the chemicals they contain.... [tags: Toxic Chemicals in Cosmetics]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- Trends in the Hospitality Industry Nowadays trends are everywhere. You can find them in every industry and they play a huge role. The retro trend in clothing, the SUV trend in the car industry, but nowhere else are trends more important than in the hospitality industry. But what exactly is a trend. A trend describes usually the time measurable course of a development into a certain quantitative and/or qualitative direction. In economics, trends are changes of the behavior of the society. In marketing research this describes the change and development of the consumerism and consumption behavior.... [tags: Industry Trends]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- If someone were to look at the Victorian society or the American society today, the makeup worn by the women would reflect the women’s lifestyles. Women in Victorian England, like American women today, were seen as more beautiful with makeup. However, the purpose and appearance of the makeup were different; paleness was the ideal then, whereas women today want a healthy glow. What is the significance of this difference. Alexandrina Victoria reigned over the British for a longer time than any other royalty in British history.... [tags: Beauty ]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- The name information technology was used for the first time in 1958, in an article in Harvard Business Review and since that time this industry has seen only innovations throughout the history. Some problems that the industry is facing are the increase competition from the offshore and inshore players, the slow growth of the hardware sales, the decrease in the IT spending globally etc. But despite all the problems and challenges that the industry is facing, the opportunities are many. One of the most important ones is the increased number of the smart device users which is established as a very profitable segment for the information technology segment.... [tags: information technology, cloud computing, it]
1504 words (4.3 pages)
- Communication Project Most people have a desire of being beautiful. Both men and women want to look beautiful. Some people are naturally good looking or have perfect skin. Otherwise, there are people who struggle to satisfy their desire to be beautiful. That is the reason why cosmetics were invented, and from here the cosmetics industry is growing, developing non-stop until there is no one in this world who wants to enhance his or her appearance. Because cosmetics industry is considered as an important industry in the global economy it is necessary to know a little bit about cosmetics history, some economic concepts about cosmetics industry, and finally, the future of cosmetics industry in A... [tags: history, economics, beautry]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- History of M.A.C M.A.C was originated from Toronto; it was a result of a brainstorming session by well-known makeup artist and photographer Frank Toskan and beauty salon owner Frank Angelo to launch a makeup line. Their aim was to fulfil their professional needs while conducting shoots in studios. They were frustrated because of the lack of colours available to use on a professional level. M.A.C home ground is Canada. The two entrepreneurs cooked up cosmetics and sold it to different hair salons.... [tags: Market, Promotion, Makeup]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- The growth of social networking is one of the fastest growing digital trends to exist. Many social networking sites boast with millions if not billions of members. Prominent examples of these social sites are Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Members of these networks use them daily to communicate, share various types of information or to collaborate with other members. Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook in 2004 and its sole purpose is to give people the power to share and connect with the world. With 1.23 billion monthly active members, Facebook has certainly surpassed all other social sites.... [tags: communication, digital trends]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- MAC (Makeup Art Cosmetics) is originally a Canadian company that has been operating for more than 20 years and it has already penetrate to many countries all around the world, in the North and South America at most. It sells brand cosmetics of high quality that is intended for professional as well as everyday usage. The brand is sought-after also by many celebrities, fashion models, and photographers because of its delicate texture, huge choice of colors, and durability. The products are usually very well tolerated on every skin type and MAC make-up items are also suitable for women with sensitive eyes (MAC, 2007, p.... [tags: mac cosmetics report]
1884 words (5.4 pages)