Hillary Clinton was originally born under the name of Hillary Diane Rodham. She was born on October twenty-sixth in the year 1947. She was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised in Parkridge, Illinois by her parents, Dorothy and Hugh Rodham. She has two younger brothers by the names of Anthony and Hugh Jr. Rodham. Her parents were very important and influential to her while growing up. Clinton shared her father's interest in politics and her mother's motivation.
She began to become interested in the Republican party as a teenager. In 1964, she began to campaign for presidential nominee Barry Goldwater, who was a Conservative Republican. Clinton later became the president of the Young Republicans Club her first year at Wellesley College. She later continued to pursue her interest of political science by going to the Republican Con...
... middle of paper ...
... she believes in despite the pressure she has on her. If a copious amount of people educate themselves
on Hillary Clinton, they too will realize that she is a very important woman in the history of the United States. She has shown everyone to not be defined into a specific "traditional" stereotype, because they can accomplish so much more than they allow others to tell them they can.
Biography. "Hillary Clinton Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 01 May 2014.
BrainyQuote. "Hillary Clinton Quote." BrainyQuote. Xplore, n.d. Web. 01 May 2014.
Landler, Mark, and Amy Chozick. "Hillary Clinton Struggles to Define a Legacy in Progress." The New York Times. The New York Times, 16 Apr. 2014. Web. 01 May 2014.
WGBH Educational Foundation. "American Experience: TV's Most-watched History Series." PBS. PBS, n.d. Web. 01 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump The candidates for the 2016 election are republicans Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, and John Kasich. The democrats are Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. There were many other candidates, but along the way they have dropped out of the race. The two candidates that are in the lead are Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Everyone has their own opinion about the two candidates in the lead. Hillary Clinton is in the lead of the Democrats and Donald Trump is in the lead of the Republicans.... [tags: Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama]
1803 words (5.2 pages)
- All the reasons why Hillary Clinton will NEVER be president of the United States Hillary Clinton is denying she did anything wrong. Again. “But the facts are pretty clear,” she states, “I did not receive anything that was classified at the time.” “I believe in transparency.” As to Benghazi, “What difference does it make?” A scandal, defined as “an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage.” For Americans all the reasons why Hillary Clinton will NEVER be president of the United States are encompassed in the continuing scandals that accompany her.... [tags: Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- On October 19th, 2016 the last presidential debate took place between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. On the same day, there was a viewing party hosted by a local healthcare clinic for its employees and their guests. The viewing party was open to all employees of this healthcare clinic ranging from janitors, accountants, and physicians. The party was held at a local event space with the ability to host approximately 100 people. The event was easily at capacity on the evening of the party. The audience was primarily made up of females between the ages of 30-50.... [tags: Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- Hillary Rodham Clinton used to mostly be known to the public as Bill Clinton’s wife and later his first-lady, but she had made a name for herself before and after Bill’s presidential run. In fact, her name often crops up in talks about the 2016 presidential race as someone who could possibly be the first woman President of the United States. Born Hillary Diane Rodham in Chicago, Illinois on October 16, 1947 as the first child to Dorothy Emma Howell and Hugh Ellsworth Rodham. A few years later she would become the eldest sister to both Hugh and Tony Rodham.... [tags: Hillary Rodham Clinton Essays]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- It is a cliché, of course, to claim that a presidential election is the most important in living memory. But we arrived at that point in the 2016 campaign many months ago, when both sides declared their opponent unqualified for office. Unfortunately, this time the cliché is true, and one side is actually right. A choice this stark proves that there is something wrong with our political system. Hillary Clinton is a terribly flawed candidate for the presidency, and this has allowed millions of otherwise sane Americans to imagine that she is less fit for office than Donald Trump is.... [tags: Hillary Rodham Clinton]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- TREATMENT OF HILLARY CLINTON ILLUSTRATES THE PROBLEM OF GENDER INEQUALITY War on women. You have heard that phrase uttered before. Yes, most liberals believe the GOP have been waging war on women for years now. There are numerous reasons for that and unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past several years, in particular, you do not need me to list those reasons. The GOP, of course, denies that with equally numerous reasons why they don’t believe that’s the case. But before you dismiss this as another silly ideological piece, I urge you to hear me out.... [tags: Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- Have you ever allowed an E-mail breach exposing government documents to potential hackers. Worse yet, have you ever been partially responsible for the deaths of four in Benghazi. Hillary Clinton, former president Bill Clinton’s wife, is the Democratic presidential nominee for the 2016 election. While I 'm not saying other candidates are better suited for the job, (cough cough* Trump), there are a plethora of reasons why you should steer clear of Hillary Clinton’s name at the ballot box. If Hillary wasn 't good enough for Bill in 1996, what makes you think she 's good enough to run our country in 2017.... [tags: Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Persuading an audience to see your point of view, or listen to your ideas is not an easy task, especially if your audience consists of 80 million people. Before the 2016 Presidential Debate even began people were talking about how it would be one of the most viewed debates in history. The stakes are high and Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton’s every word is being torn apart and analyzed. Their success in this campaign will come down to whose strengths will carry them through, and whose weaknesses will ultimately take them out of the race.... [tags: Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- Biography of Hillary Clinton Hillary Diane Rodham was born on October the 26th 1947 at Edgewater Hospital, in Chicago. Her parents Hugh and Dorothy married in 1942. When Hillary was still young she learnt to stand up for herself. She told her mom that Suzy was bullying her and her mom said "There's no room in this house for cowards. You'll have to stand up to her." Hillary later knocked Suzy to the ground and said "Mom, now I'm tough enough to play with the boys. " After this she became a natural leader " She wasn't just interested in having power, but to help people.... [tags: HIllary Clinton Politics Government Essays]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- Gun Control: Hillary Clinton vs. Bernie Sanders The gun laws in California are some of the most restrictive in the United States. In order to purchase a gun legally, one must obtain a firearm safety certificate by passing a written test. There is a 10-day waiting period as well as many limitations on who may own a firearm. Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton are two democratic candidates who recently had a presidential debate in Flint Michigan for the 2016 election. The purpose of this essay is to compare both candidates’ standpoint on the subject of gun control and determine which candidate has the best policy.... [tags: Firearm, Gun, Firearms, Hillary Rodham Clinton]
886 words (2.5 pages)