Hillary Clinton was originally born under the name of Hillary Diane Rodham. She was born on October twenty-sixth in the year 1947. She was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised in Parkridge, Illinois by her parents, Dorothy and Hugh Rodham. She has two younger brothers by the names of Anthony and Hugh Jr. Rodham. Her parents were very important and influential to her while growing up. Clinton shared her father's interest in politics and her mother's motivation.
She began to become interested in the Republican party as a teenager. In 1964, she began to campaign for presidential nominee Barry Goldwater, who was a Conservative Republican. Clinton later became the president of the Young Republicans Club her first year at Wellesley College. She later continued to pursue her interest of political science by going to the Republican Con...
... middle of paper ...
... she believes in despite the pressure she has on her. If a copious amount of people educate themselves
on Hillary Clinton, they too will realize that she is a very important woman in the history of the United States. She has shown everyone to not be defined into a specific "traditional" stereotype, because they can accomplish so much more than they allow others to tell them they can.
Biography. "Hillary Clinton Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 01 May 2014.
BrainyQuote. "Hillary Clinton Quote." BrainyQuote. Xplore, n.d. Web. 01 May 2014.
Landler, Mark, and Amy Chozick. "Hillary Clinton Struggles to Define a Legacy in Progress." The New York Times. The New York Times, 16 Apr. 2014. Web. 01 May 2014.
WGBH Educational Foundation. "American Experience: TV's Most-watched History Series." PBS. PBS, n.d. Web. 01 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Biography of Hillary Clinton Hillary Diane Rodham was born on October the 26th 1947 at Edgewater Hospital, in Chicago. Her parents Hugh and Dorothy married in 1942. When Hillary was still young she learnt to stand up for herself. She told her mom that Suzy was bullying her and her mom said "There's no room in this house for cowards. You'll have to stand up to her." Hillary later knocked Suzy to the ground and said "Mom, now I'm tough enough to play with the boys. " After this she became a natural leader " She wasn't just interested in having power, but to help people.... [tags: HIllary Clinton Politics Government Essays]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- Many Americans are beginning to wonder who will run as the democratic candidate in the next president of the United States. Since the 2008 election, one particular name has been the topic of conversation around most media outlets and households across the county. With over one million supporters who believe in her abilities to lead, Hillary Clinton possesses the qualities that meet the leadership criteria that would help her to become the leader of the free world. I choose to research Hillary Clinton because I admire the drive and passion she puts into her work.... [tags: US political candidates]
1639 words (4.7 pages)
- Hillary Clinton once said, "we must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society. She has stressed the importance of this quote by continuously trying to better the world. Clinton has taken part of many reforms, positions, and continues to promote equality for all. Throughout her life, she has helped with education, health care, and foreign affairs. Hillary Clinton was an influential woman in the twentieth and still is influential in this century. She has had obstacles in her life and career yet still continued to conquer whatever they may be.... [tags: Biography]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- Shaqra 2 October 26, 1947, Chicago, Illinois : Dorothy Howell and Hugh Rodham cradle their daughter with loving arms, their newborn baby girl who would one day grow up to be Hillary Rodham Clinton. They knew that their daughter was going to be someone amazing one day, but what they didn’t know was that she was going to become a famous civil rights activist. Hillary’s life started in Chicago, Illinois, but she soon moved to Park Ridge, Illinois, where her life sprouted. She lived with her parents and her two brothers, Hugh Jr.... [tags: Civil Rights, Activist, First Lady]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- On September 5, 1995, Hillary Clinton delivered an influential speech at The Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing. Clinton expresses general concern over escalating violence toward women, in other word’s gendercide. “Gendercide refers to the systematic elimination of a specific gender group, normally female. It’s most common in India, China, and other regions in Southeast Asia” (GirlsKind Foundation). Crimes, such as bride trafficking, infanticide, abandonment, and dowry related murder; often take place within private households, going unnoticed and not even acknowledged.... [tags: politics, hilary clinton]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- Hillary Clinton: Strategies and Goals Hillary Clinton is an important character in the impeachment process and the sex scandal in general. As Bill Clinton’s wife, she is the most personally involved with the President, as well as the most personally involved in the subject matter involved with the impeachment. Since Bill Clinton’s wrong-doings stem from sexual misconduct, as his wife, Hillary Clinton has an extremely great involvement. Due to her great involvement in this personal matter, the public audience seems to associate their thoughts with her own (34% of the public thought that the scandal was a personal matter as long as Hillary Clinton was fine with it [U.S.... [tags: Politcs and Women]
3665 words (10.5 pages)
- The Campaign Manager The job of a campaign manager is to coordinate a campaigns operations such as fundraising, advertising, poling, getting out the vote, and other activities supporting the effort. That is exactly my task in my career. I work as a campaign manager under candidate Hillary Clinton for the upcoming presidential election. Throughout the book Hardball, by Chris Matthews, Matthews lists many different maxims that can be used as helpful guidance during elections, campaigns, and the presidential period overall.... [tags: election, politics, support]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- There are a lot of people currently in the public eye, people who have a great deal to do with our country and the way that it has been managed or not managed. It all depends on what you believe from the information that we are given. One face that has been around for many years, but is not always talked about in the media is Hilary Clinton. Hillary is one face in our country that is both well-known politically and also publicly. Normally when writing a paper, particularly one that is a biography, the first inclination is to write about someone who is directly involved with current events.... [tags: Political Science Biography]
2063 words (5.9 pages)
- Hillary Clinton was born in Chicago in 1947. Her life in politics began when she was very young with help from her teachers and parents. She was the first lady of Arkansas from 1979 to 1981 and again from 1983 to 1992. From 1992 to 2001 Hillary was the first lady of the United States when her husband Bill Clinton was the president of the United States. From 2001 to January 2009 Hillary worked from New York as the United States senator. On January 21st she assumed office as the 67th United States Secretary of State.... [tags: biography, politicians, politics]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- As time passes, rumors concerning Hillary Clinton's decision to run for president have been soaring. Ever since she stepped down from her position as Secretary of State in 2013, Clinton has faced question after question about her plans for the future and her opinion on the presidency. Hillary Diane Rodham was born on October 26, 1947; she was born in Chicago, Illinois and was raised in the nearby town of Park Ridge. Throughout high school and college, she began her politically activity by working on several presidential campaigns and holding a variety of impressive summer jobs.... [tags: Politics, Biography]
867 words (2.5 pages)