1. If you were consulting with the HTE board of directors soon after Harold started making changes, what would you advise them regarding Harold’s leadership from a transformational perspective?
As a consultant, for the HTE board of directors, I would appreciate the vision Harold has provided for the organization but would question how it would be implemented and if it was the right vision for the company. Every leader would come into a situation with their own perception of how things should be done, but it is important to understand the company first and build of...
... middle of paper ...
...lize what actually makes a company great and assess where the company currently stands. Making major changes were not his flaw, but his lack of including people in the process was his blunder. In organizational behavior, focus groups are a method of making decisions therefore there were better strategies for devising and implementing processes that effectively worked toward his vision and maintained the integrity of the entire organization. I specifically mention this tactic because according to Nahavandi, Denhardt, and Denhardt (2014), it provides input from across the organization which allows managers to make better decisions that could change the company. This would provide employees with empowerment even if it is at the expense of efficiency. Consider the opportunity cost that was incurred because Harold did not consider more than a select few senior managers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hello, we are the Student Council at High Tech Early College. We would like to start off by acknowledging Denver Public Schools for their efforts to make our stay at the Samsonite Campus as convenient and comfortable as possible. We are writing this letter to request your presence in discussing issues related to the academic life and future of students at our school. Unfortunately, we fear the negative effects this learning environment will have on our students, academically and health wise. The building has regular heating and air conditioning problems which results in an inadequate learning environment.... [tags: High school, Education, College, Want]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- When plumbing goes bad, hair needs cutting, or the car goes on the fritz, who is going to get the call. Most people will answer “the plumber, the stylist, or the auto repair place down the road at Wal-Mart.” That answer is mostly correct. Although, the focus needs to be on how those people got where they are today. These people, who do so much work for us every single day, need to get some consideration. In most cases they would have gone to a vocational high school or technical college. These are special schools in which students learn the exact skills they need to complete their desired career in an accelerated period of time.... [tags: Education, Vo-Tech High Schools]
2000 words (5.7 pages)
- Creating a Successful High-Tech Engineering Business in Northern Ireland Contents Section Page 1 Introduction 3 2.1 Competition 3 2.2 Funding 4 2.3 Recruitment 4 2.4 Location 5 2.5 Technical Innovation 5 2.6 Global Market Trends 6 3 Conclusion 6 4 References 7 1 Introduction The aim of this report is to describe the factors associated with creating and developing a high- tech engineering business in Northern Ireland.... [tags: Business Entrepreneurship Plan]
1580 words (4.5 pages)
- Although high-tech equipment is beneficial to your practice, it cannot compensate for outdated or poorly designed practice management software.Your practice management software keeps everything intact, which is why it needs to integrate seamlessly with your dental software. The right management software can help you keep current patients happy and expand your business by offering patients a faster, smoother experience. Choose easy to use software that benefits you, your staff and your patients To streamline your dental practice, you need to choose management software that is easy to use, efficient and beneficial to your patients.... [tags: Telephone, Telephone exchange, Telephone call]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- Choosing my major was one of the hardest decisions I have had to make in college, second only to choosing between ramen or pop tarts. I was always good at creating things as a kid, disassembling large Lego sets in hopes that I could create something better. I enjoy challenge to think differently than before and love to create. It could be argued that I stood no chance becoming an engineering student. My decision came down to a few factors that I believe to be true: engineering will continue to challenge my creative imagination, engineering is one of the most versatile careers today, and the ability to change and effect the world directly.... [tags: Engineering, Electrical engineering, High school]
1672 words (4.8 pages)
- India's Strengths in Terms of High-Tech Strong Economic Growth India has an amazing rate of growth which has reached to 9% in 2007. The average rate of growth is 7% since 1994. This is an important evidence of the stable development of Indian economy. Also unlike to other developing countries India managed to have a very low rate of inflation which has remained close to 4% since 2000 and has not fluctuated much then. India seems to be one of the safest economic environments for investment when compared to other Asian countries.... [tags: India Economy Industry Technology]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Technology these days have advanced so much that they have a major global-wide influence to the very core of people's lives around the world. Allen D. Kanner, a child, family, and adult psychologist, states in his essay "The Piracy of Privacy: Why Marketers Must Bare Our Souls" (587) that high-tech technology is affecting the people's psychological mind and well-being. I agree with Allen D. Kanner's statement that technology has affected people's behavior in many ways in countless types of situations because of how technology is addicting and how wide it connects people to other people.... [tags: Technology, Advertisement, Behavior]
1396 words (4 pages)
- Biomedical engineering, also known as “bioengineering”, is a branch of engineering that combines the design and problem solving techniques of engineering with biological and medical sciences to improve health-related and medical problems. Bioengineers have made many positive changes in many lives today. By designing live-saving objects such as artificial hearts, dialysis machines, and surgical lasers bioengineers have helped save many lives. Biomedical engineers dates back to over 3000 years with the Egyptians.... [tags: Engineering ]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- High Tech Babies Humans have engaged in the healing arts in an attempt to improve life, save lives, and, with the advancement of technology, create life. The practice of medicine has always relied on tools created by humans to aid in treatments and research. Those tools have gone from simple hand made devices to technology capable of human reproduction. With one in 11 couples in the United States infertile, and societal and physical pressure on women to reproduce, the desperation for treatment has become widespread.... [tags: Essays Papers]
2021 words (5.8 pages)
- Politicking Goes High-Tech This reading dealt with the fact that the major decision makers for people when voting (especially for Senators) are the television spots. The article discussed how today's campaigns are now candidate-centered rather than political party-centered and how they require large sums of money in order to pay for all the advertising, and a team of professional workers rather than a team of volunteers is a necessity. Much of the money goes to commercial advertisements, but another large portion goes to continuous polling and direct mail strategies.... [tags: essays research papers]
670 words (1.9 pages)
- My Childhood Was Lonely, Dark, And Depressing
- The Philosophy Of Hospice Care
- Politics And America 's Favorite Family : Mastering The Art Of Neutral Political Satire
- The Conflict Between Large And Small States Over Representation
- The Environmental Issues Of The Media
- The Holy Spirit And The Christ On The Road Of Damascus