A minimum of a bachelor degree in social work, psychology,sociology or a similar field is required for employment as a social worker while many employers now need applicants to have a master degree. The council on social work education which accredits bachelor and master degree programs in social work, have improved 468 programs allowing the bachelor degree in social work and 196 programs granting the master programs in social work.(source A page 184)
Also to become a social worker the person have to show compassion so the social work can work with people who are in stressful and difficult situations. To gain more strong relationships to give empathy for their clients. Interpersonal skills so the social worker can work in different groups. They need great people skills to make healthy and productive with their clients and colleagues. listening skills so the social worker can hear their clients talk about their about challenges in their lives. social workers must be listening to understand their clients needs. Organizational skills so the social worker can help and manage multiple clients, sometimes assisting with their paperwork or documentation their treatment. Problem-solving skills social workers need this skills to practical and innovative solutions to their clients problems. Time-management skill social workers most of the time have many clients they must effectively manage their time to prove adequate service to all of their clients.(http://www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/social-workers.htm#tab-4)
Licensing of social workers is require by all states. To give the necessary licensing a social worker will mo...
... middle of paper ...
...sed awareness of domestic violence has also focused attention who have left abusive situations. Besides all this working with the poor is often considered unattractive leaving many social work positions in this area of applicants.
Competition for jobs in urban areas will remain strong. However there is still a shortage of social workers in rural areas these areas usually cannot offer the high salaries or modern facilities that attract large numbers of applicants.
The social work profession is constantly changing. The survival of social services agencies both private and public depends on shifting political, economic, and workplace issues. Social work professionals are worried about the threat of declining professional standards. Because of budget constraints and a need for more workers some agencies have lowered their job requirements. When unable to afford qualified
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- high school diploma the most opportunities live for people with degrees in social work.(source A page 184) A minimum of a bachelor degree in social work, psychology,sociology or a similar field is required for employment as a social worker while many employers now need applicants to have a master degree. The council on social work education which accredits bachelor and master degree programs in social work, have improved 468 programs allowing the bachelor degree in social work and 196 programs granting the master programs in social work.(source A page 184) Also to become a social worker the person have to show compassion so the social work can work with people who are in stressful and diff... [tags: Health care, Sociology, Nursing home, Social work]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Gifts, people, pets, memories and actions are some of the countless things people remember in their high and low points in life. From time to time, I dwell on the things that impacted my life, and the most meaningful one of which was attaining my high school diploma. To begin with, I was not fond of school when I reached high school. Then, I made a decision to join the Armed Forces and did not know I needed a high school diploma to join. Eventually, I ended up with a high school diploma and an honorable discharge from the Marine Corps, that I now find extremely helpful, as I am in college.... [tags: High school, College, High school diploma]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- Obtaining a high school diploma is an important stride into adulthood for most. Despite this fact, “every year, over one point two million students drop out of high school in the United States.” Not having a high school diploma will make it harder for these teenagers later on in life. Many jobs require you to have a high school diploma or GED. Not having a high school diploma will increase the likely hood of students having legal troubles. Dropping out of high school is a life changing choice, and we have to question ourselves are these teenager mental equipped to make that decision.... [tags: High school diploma, High school, Dropout]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- God’s Plan I would like to discuss how I came to YouthBuild Lake County to get my high school diploma. After I got out of jail I wanted to do something positive with my life and get my high school diploma. I had been arrested several times before I came to YouthBuild. I was twelve when I started hanging out with “bad kids”. They were young adults about ages 19 and 20 who had a poor influence on me. I made the choice to hang with them, but I should have steered clear of them. Instead my peers condoned my behavior which is what got arrested the first time.... [tags: High school, High school diploma, Felony, Gun]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Stopping this correlation early is of the utmost importance, as “for children of color, the absence of a high school diploma did more than relegate someone to the economic margins of society […] By the time they reach their early thirties, 52 percent of young, male, African American high school dropouts have spent some time in jail or prison” (Pettit & Western, 2003). The extension of the connections of these early discipline patterns seen in elementary schools to the prison system makes it important to have an analysis of different behavioral interventions as they relate to black males and seeing if that type of justice remains applicable in a positive, culturally competent manner to the ne... [tags: Education, High school]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- My brother just turned eighteen and has decided to quit school to find a job. He has yet to graduate high school and only has six months left to get his diploma. I warned him it is bad idea to quit school without a high school diploma. He has such little time left in high school and there are so many reasons to finish. What he doesn’t know are the benefits of having a high school diploma such as being able to make more money, having a better job security, more career opportunities and furthering his education.... [tags: GED, salary, employment]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- High School Dropouts High school can be tough for many teenagers. Some students may feel as if the classes they are taking are boring or the material being taught will not help them later on in life. These students begin to not show up for class and then their grades start lowering drastically. Next, these students come up with the idea that dropping out is the easiest and fastest way to escape all the stress that is caused by academics. However, they need to start looking at the bigger picture and asking themselves if quitting school is going to help them reach their personal goals.... [tags: Dropout, High school, High school diploma]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Always do your best because what you plant now, you will harvest later. By all means, how you are raised considerably determined how you’ll eventually be in the future whether in life or in career field. If we believe everyday work to be mindless, then that will affect the work we create in the future. With an intention of being resourceful and innovative, I believe that one will be more successful growing up in a society which believes that education is the key to happiness and success. I grew up in the rural side refugee camp, Mae Hong Son, in Thailand, home of thousands uneducated refugees.... [tags: Teacher, High school, Education, Mother]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- I got my high school diploma at Granda Hills Charter high school (GHCHS), I attended all fours year there. One of the requirements to graduate from GHCHS is completing a senior project, this project was given and graded by your english teacher. A senior project is an assignment that takes up the whole second semester of senior year and your detecting your time to creating a 10 minute presentation based off your 10-15 page essay. The essay assignment could have been different for each student because your english teacher had the right to choose a research paper or based the essay off a novel.... [tags: High school, Teacher, Education, School]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- Students should be required to graduate High School A Barista, an employee in a fast food restaurant, or a small welfare check are what most high school dropouts have to look forward to for income. Dropouts do not realize what meager wages lie ahead when they decide to quit school before a diploma. Many High School or High School bound students when asked would say that staying in High School until a diploma is earned is choice they should be able to make, not a law they must abide.... [tags: High school, Dropout, High school diploma]
1025 words (2.9 pages)