Essay PreviewMore ↓
There are two types of mornings: good and bad. Bad are those that usually occur during the weekends. The dreams are never finished to watch, warm bedding does not want you to go, and a little puppy desires even more attention than ever. To counterbalance it, good mornings are those that allow you to sleep until the midday and let the world wait. However, there was one particular day when everything has changed. I was waiting for my alarm to ring and could not wait to get up to proceed with my preparations for the day. That was the year of 2010, my graduation from County High School that is in Lafayette, Indiana.
I jumped out of my bed, rushed to the window and took a very deep breath. The morning air was full of special fragrant. I could not understand that scent; just remember that it was quite special. Now I know that it was a scent of freedom. It seemed like I could see all the molecules that were dancing in the rays of the sun as a little cartoon bulbs: very light and happy.
I went to the kitchen where my breakfast was already waiting for me. Cereals in the milk felt also different. It seemed like those little chocolate balls were making various greeting words while I was catching them with every spoon of milk as I was hungry as a wolf. Presumably that was the result of my great willingness to finally start the day. Everything seemed to be full of energy and was inviting me to go and get ready for my graduation ceremony.
When we arrived to the place, I could not believe my eyes: everybody seemed to be different. My friends looked even more willing to share their morning experience than ever. I received sincere smiles from various strangers, but it did not seem unusual. However, it really seemed like everything has changed. Even the birds were producing different melodies than usual by warming up their voices in the sunny trees.
All of my friends and family came to share my happiness, and they were present throughout the whole graduation ceremony. Despite the fact that most of such official events seemed to be quite boring for me before, this one passed like a snap of the finger. Even those speeches that I expected to be the most boring seemed to be quite encouraging and entertaining.
How to Cite this Page
"Graduating From High School." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Jul 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What’s Next. The top three possibilities for me after graduating high school is to go to college, travel the world or stay home and enjoy a year off. I want to be an athletic trainer and coach a wrestling when I get older so I will need to go to college and achieve that. I would love to travel and see all the sights the world has to offer. Going to new places and exploring the different ethnics and cultures is what entertains me. The last option would be to stay at home and relax. My whole life has been an “up-tempo music player on repeat” with a satisfactory result and having time to reevaluate my opportunities would help me drastically.... [tags: High school, Higher education, College]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Whether or not to attend College after graduating High School is an important decision in a young person’s life. There are a number of factors to consider such as funds, grades, and other social issues that must be considered. The government offers different types of funding for students such as Pell grants and student loans. This helps everyone to be able to attend some college, even if it is just the local Community College in the area. Attending College is the best option for most High School graduates, which will enable them to earn their maximum potential income, while also preparing them to make well informed decisions throughout their lifespan.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- College. Whether or not to attend College after graduating High School is an important decision in a young person’s life. There are a number of factors to consider such as funds, grades, and other social issues that must be considered. The government offers different types of funding for students like Pell grants and student loans. Therefore, everyone is able to attend some college, even if it is just the local Community College in the area. Attending College is the supreme option for most High School graduates, which will enable them to earn their maximum potential income, while also preparing them to make well informed decisions throughout their lifespan.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- The recent statistics that the education system could be producing high school graduates who are functionally illiterate is very worrying. Researchers interested in investigating whether the high school education system is producing illiterate graduates investigate the issue by exploring three types of illiteracies; functional, cultural and moral literacy. The most disturbing news is that the level of functional literacy among high school graduates is wanting. Functional literacy “is the inability to read or write well enough to accomplish everyday tasks in modern society” (Sweet Par.... [tags: flaws in the US education system]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- After years of education from K-12 there is still the question if a high school senior is academically prepared for college. Furthermore, it may be understandable for a concerned parent to pose this question but what about the student. In a survey of W.VA seniors, MMM MMM points out that “12.4 percent of survey respondents said they felt ‘very prepared’ for college, while . . . 10.7 percent felt they were ‘not prepared at all” (8). In these long years of education we expect students to be ready, but what does it mean to be ready for college.... [tags: senior high school, college, career]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- Learning how to transfer to the new college lifestyle after graduating from high school is one of the most challenging situations that most teenagers go through in their lives. Learning how to juggle daily life with the difficult college curriculum is a daunting task that takes many new college students their whole first semester to master. One of the most rigorous classes new students have to endure is the English Composition I course. Mrs. Fox’s English Composition I course is a challenging English course, because Fox requires students to go through multiple steps before a paper can be submitted, she requires students to use all of the formal English composition rules, and the allotted cla... [tags: Writing, Education, Student, University]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Have you ever thought about what led you to the career you’re working in right now or even studying at this very moment. Was it a person, a certain event in your life, or even a school assignment that made you have an interest in the job. In my case, unpleasant events in my life made me open my eyes to pursue a nursing career after graduating from high school. It all began a couple years ago with my mother. My mother, similar to all the mothers out there, took care of her children, them being my brother and I in this situation.... [tags: Doctor, Patient, Physician, Nurse]
702 words (2 pages)
- The Diversity of a Graduating Class Graduating from high school is a major milestone for teenagers. The prospect of going off to college and beginning to live away from one’s parents brings excitement from the unknown. One cannot truly be one hundred percent prepared for this endeavor; however, everyone has a plan that they think will best suit his or her ambitions and goals. You will find that not everyone has the same expectations when it comes to what to do after high school. Some people will indeed go off to college, and others will enter directly in to the workforce.... [tags: Graduation, High school, Academic dress]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Principal Hoagland cancel prom, in Kellenberg Memorial High School, in Uniondale, New York. The reason was because parents were planning on spending $1,000 on prom dresses, tuxedos and immoral activities, after prom for teenagers; immoral activities that involved drinking and sexual activities. These immoral situations can lead teens to bad things like lose control of themselves and teen pregnancy, which can cause complaints against the school. Also because it 's a Catholic School, I also agree with Hoagland on cancelling prom to avoid immoral.... [tags: Adolescence, High school, Pregnancy]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Students should be required to graduate High School A Barista, an employee in a fast food restaurant, or a small welfare check are what most high school dropouts have to look forward to for income. Dropouts do not realize what meager wages lie ahead when they decide to quit school before a diploma. Many High School or High School bound students when asked would say that staying in High School until a diploma is earned is choice they should be able to make, not a law they must abide.... [tags: High school, Dropout, High school diploma]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- An Environment Analysis of Domino’s Pizza
- Things Fall Apart and Home Influences
- Honor in the Play Titus Andronicus
- The State of Teen Pregnancy & Prevention Programs in Oklahoma
- The Great Expectations School: A Rookie Year in the New Blackboard Jungle
- Scientific Thinking, Economic Reasoning and Their Applications in the Caribbean
That sunny and beautiful day was full of pictures taken after the official part was over. We took various perspectives for those pictures and wanted them to be both a bit serious and funny. My friends helped me a lot to add to the funny ones.
Now when I look at those pictures, I remember the whole preparation process, which I enjoyed a lot. Buying a suit and choosing a corresponding tie was quite an interesting activity. I felt like a popular star that needs something very special for the special event. I am thinking of keeping that outfit in the attic and show it to my children in the future. Maybe they will be able to feel the scent of that unusual morning and the whole positiveness of the day.
We went home and spend some time with my friends and relatives after the memorable photo session. We were spending time outside with barbeque, music and jokes. We all had a great time. Everybody remembers that day as a very special: even the mosquitoes did not bite. We played various games with a ball and did not notice the first star on the sky. Then more stars appeared and we saw the Plough. Then we rushed to the telescope to observe more beautiful night creatures.
When I look back to those times, I feel that now I value such moments even more. I have expected a regular graduation ceremony and standard fellowship time after it. During that day, I felt that happiness and positive emotions fulfilled my whole body and mind. Now I feel more conscious of those times and analyze that event from a bit different perspective.
The graduation ceremony was a turning point in my life. I became more independent. At the same time, such independency brought more life challenges. Now I look at that day as the symbolic farewell to my unruffled life. It was a bit scary to imagine how everything will turn afterwards; however, I did not want to think a lot of those moments during that special day.
The time has passed, and light memories are kept in my mind as the most precious moments. Life is full of surprises and opportunities, challenges and great people. Now I am waking up in the morning wondering whether I will ever have the same feeling of happiness as on my graduation day.
Life has changed; we have all grown up and became more serious. However, we have another function in the world now. We should remember about the preparation of the platform for our future generation. This is as simple as an evolution process.
The life is still full of surprises, the same sun is shining, and there is the same spirit in the air. The main task is to be able to differentiate that good morning from others, live it through happily, and finally learn how to keep positive feelings during the whole life. There is a great possibility that such a good morning start will bring another turning point into my life. I am looking forward to it!