The White House is one of the most famous buildings in the United States and certainly the most famous him in the United States however the houses fame seems to ignore the fact that the home also hosts a few uninvited guests. Despite the house being very famous for being the home of the current president it is not widely known that the home is haunted by a former president, two first ladies, a staff member, and a British soldier from 1812. It may not always be apparent that the home is haunted but many people who work at the White House have brought up the fact that it is in fact haunted. As Mike McCurry said in Sonya Ross’ article on the subject “There are some serious people that have some serious tales to tell about these encounters”. These people have ranged from foreign diplomates to foreign leaders. There have even been pictures depicting the apparitions at the home such as the White House ghost photo. The photo is a “black and white photograph [that] appears to show a translucent human figure standing in the white house basement…...
... middle of paper ...
...re. The diplomat and his wife were very displeased to see the British soldier.Despite all his attempts to kill everyone in the house he obviously fails every time just like the first time.
The most famous house in the United States, the White House, is haunted by many ghosts like Abraham Lincoln, Dolly Madison, and Abigail Adams. Also former staff and British soldiers have been reported to have been seen at the home. The appearances have ranged from them attempting to scare people and visitors to them just passing through. They have been seen from regular people and historical people like Winston Churchill. Which makes the haunting hard to refute. Saying Winston Churchill is a lier is a bit hard to do considering his reputation and a great leader and politician. The white house is undeniably haunted with quite a few ghosts ranging from politicians to soldiers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... One of the most frequently reported dates back to the 16th century. Mother of Queen Elizabeth I and wife to King Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn was executed at the Tower of London in 1536 after being accused of witchcraft, treason, adultery and incest. There have been sightings of the woman's ghost reported at the tower and other locations such as her home, Hever Castle in Kent. (History.com) Then there's the White House in the United States. Considered to be perhaps the most haunted house in America, there has been several reported phenomenons, many of them believed to be sightings of past presidents of the United States.... [tags: ghosts, famous hauntings]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- Many people believe that mystical or other worldly creatures aren’t real or they think that they are all make believe. Ghosts on the other hand, could just be as real as animals are to humans. At the same time, people don’t believe in them unless there is proof from either science or from people who have investigated hauntings to see if ghosts are real. Ghosts and other entities are real and not make believe. Ghosts, are they real or are they just figments of peoples minds, well lets start off with ghosts, what are they.... [tags: phantom, posessions, haunted]
1409 words (4 pages)
- The Haunting of Whaley House is a film I watched for no other reason than, I just couldn 't bring my self to watch The Hills Have Eyes 2 from 2007. I love Wes Craven, but even I burn out once in a while. Though I do promise to finish The Hills Have Eyes Series this month. The Haunting of Whaley House was a great film to cleans my palette, as its very heavy on the Camp. While I won 't go as far as to say that the characters are realistic, they are both like-able and very fun. When I saw the low score it has on Netflix I almost didn 't put it on and that would have been a shame as this film is worth watching.... [tags: Ghost, Haunted house, Paranormal, Ghosts]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Ghosts in a Massachusetts Village Sabine Heartwood passed through Moose River Junction years ago with her mother, an itinerant fortuneteller. Raised on the road as Ruby crisscrossed the country in her battered VW minibus, Sabine longed to settle down and was inexplicably drawn to this rural hamlet, where everyone knows everyone. Now that one of the town’s favorite sons has returned for his grandmother Beatrice’s funeral, at least there’s something to talk about. Danforth Smith is an up-and-coming assistant film director in New York, romantically linked with a bitchy, beautiful, ambitious actress.... [tags: Ghosts Spirits Hauntings Essays]
380 words (1.1 pages)
- You’re home alone, in the middle of the night, and you get out of bed because you assume you hear footsteps in your kitchen, you get out of the bed and go into the kitchen to see a shocking sight; a shadow walking into the other room. You think you have witnessed a ghost in your own home; however scientists would declare it was just a hallucination. Millions of people around the world believe in ghosts and haunted houses; however scientists believe that there are far more “reasonable” explanations for what some believe “paranormal activity.” Ghosts are real and are a prominent part of life because they are the spirts or souls of a dead person who has not fully “moved on” quite yet.... [tags: Ghost, Paranormal, Haunted house, Carbon monoxide]
1665 words (4.8 pages)
- “A Haunted House” by Virginia Woolf is a short story about a ghostly couple that are wandering around the home they lived in before they died, searching for something they lost. They move round the house as quietly as they can without waking the new owners. The owner does not awaken, but subconsciously begins to wander and get confused along with the ghost. they enter the drawing room the word “safe” is chanted multiple times, allowing the couple to feel at ease and know that their search was not in vain and what they yearn for is safe.... [tags: Ghost, Paranormal, Haunted house, Ghosts]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- We are busy researching about Crowena before we head out to Shaniwarwada Fort. We think Crowena might have a hand with the ghost activities there as well. After researching for two hours, we come across some information that might help us understand why Crowena is doing what she is doing. Sam: In this local newspaper, a woman named Rowena had some sort of a dream that ended up coming true. Dean: Rowena. I think that is the name Crowena used before. Me: Yup, you 're right, Dean. Dean: What was the dream about.... [tags: Ghost, Paranormal, Ghost story, Ghosts]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- “Life’s slipped by just as if I’d never lived at all” - These are the last words of Firs as he lies ill after all have abandoned him at the orchard. As an avid follower of defunct theories, he is unable to accept the fact that what he preaches is what brought him to his ruin. Instead, he blindly blames the “young folks”, a somewhat ironic statement. After a life of servile and selfless devotion, his descendants have left him behind. Firs’s death is symbolic of how the Ranevsky family are now leaving behind all the defunct theories that had taken over them.... [tags: Ghosts, The Cherry Orchard]
1544 words (4.4 pages)
- "Ghosts" is in essence, everything one could look for in a mystery detective story. It has a plot rife with confusion. It keeps the names simple. It keeps the characters simple. It keeps the background simple as well. Plus it throws the reader straight into the thick of things. But then in the end, the whole scheme winds up being a farce. The story one the reader thought they had been getting into at the beginning is just a mask for the real plot. It turns out that it really is not a detective story, but a story about obsession.... [tags: Detective Ghosts Analysis]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Ghosts Have you ever heard strange creaks or groans that you can't seem to explain. Have lights flick on or off without anyone touching a switch. Maybe you've felt cold blasts of air even when all the windows were shut, or your dog suddenly starts barking for no apparent reason. If any of these things have happened then there could be reason to believe that ghosts are part of the situation. Billions of people report ghost visitations every year, and to not accept the fact that there might be other beings in the world is extremely ignorant of mankind.... [tags: Papers]
713 words (2 pages)
- Classical Theory : An Investigation Into The Causes Of The Wealth Of A Nation
- Political Time And How One Can Determine The Legacy President
- Human Evolution Of Humans And Humans
- Vygotsky 's Theory Of Cognitive Development
- The Food Tracker And Kept A 24 Hour Food Diet
- Supernatural Forces And Human Nature