In some instances, individuals feel that they were not hired due to race, gender, age, if she is over 40, disability or religion. (EEOC 2010) This may or may not be the situation in Nancy’s case. To ensure that Nancy was not hired due to the fact that she was not the most qualified individual, the EEOC will assign an investigator to Nancy’s case. The investigator will contact the company who did not hire Nancy and request qualification, gender, race and age information for the individual who was hired. In the case another woman was hired who had similar qualifications to Nancy, the case would be void, as gender would not play a role in the company’s decision. In the case a male was hired with similar experience to Nancy, the company would have to prove its point in the hiring decision. That information would be any testing that was done in determination of the hiring decision, education and qualification information that rendered a hiring decision of another candidate, reference information. Even though Nancy feels she was not hired due to her gender, she might not have received good references; making the decision to hire another the deciding factor. The EEOC’s role in this is “The EEOC has the authority to investigate charges of discrimination against employers who are covered by the law. Our role in an investigation is to fairly and accurately assess the allegations in the charge and then make a finding. If we find...
... middle of paper ...
...ployee you hire after November 6, 1986.” (US Citizens and Immigration Services 2010) 2. An audit trail, consisting of a file of all employees names, social security numbers and I-9 verification forms will be the one tool needed to ensure that all employees are legal citizens. 3. In the case of hiring outside contractors to perform some of the transportation, cargo and handling duties IRS ID numbers will be sufficient proof that the company has followed all USCIS laws and hires only document workers and contractors. All companies nationwide are required by law to follow the I-9 Law of 1986. To ensure success, the audit trail must end where it starts; meaning when an employee or contractor is hired to perform the duties at hand, once the I-9 or IRS Tax ID number is secured and the form is complete, the company is free and clear from any audit non-compliance.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- B2B marketing is the stepchild of the creativity family. Some people consider the B2B industry boring. Every now and then, you will hear executives complaining how they can’t be creative in their marketing strategies. And how their team struggles to gain customer attention. Well, that’s not entirely true. Yes, we all have restrictions on how to sell our products. However, B2B marketing is similar to other markets. Why. Because we’re all selling to humans. Learn to focus on the people behind the business.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Business marketing]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- ... c. Who is the owner and sponsor (they may be the same organisation). d. The name of the project manager. Project managers The management team comprise of senior project manager and technical service manager. The overall management department is responsible of ensuring business efficiency and provides back-to-back oversight across the development lifecycle of the proposed digital marketing platform. Ideally, senior management is a strategic role of owing and growing new product pipeline. Hence, senior management team need to have full understanding of clients in order to work closely with them, understand business requirement and devise a strategic plan in line with goals.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project manager]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- ... Thus, how the privileged whiteness is bearing the otherness of the equal but non-white and non-male US citizens is rarely recognized and discussed because the matter of how to tolerate them should be kept in individuals’ personal area. When the factors of oppression including race and gender go beyond the US territory, however, tolerance is explicitly presented and actively promoted in the public sphere as moral virtue that the superior US citizens need to perform to understand the other’s poor condition in their politics, economy, society, and culture.... [tags: Sociology, Gender, Race, Gender role]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- This essay explored one 's experience of race/ethnicity and gender. It really made you think about your personal experiences based on your race/ethnicity and gender. For me it actually made me think deeply about how my race/ethnicity and how my gender has affected my life. There were a series of seven questions split into two parts, one based on race and ethnicity and the other part based on gender.They were the following : " What were the expectations and influences of parents, peers, schooling, religious training, mass media, and other agents of socialization on race/ethnicity?" Have you ever felt that you were treated differently than others because of your race or ethnicity.... [tags: Man, Gender, Male, Race]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- God is often seen as a white male figure that is the creator of our universe, and is the source of all that is good and powerful. God has always been seen as such, and the Roman Catholic Church finds it offensive and wrong for God to be seen in any other manner. Yet, this gender and race portrayed God makes it difficult for the opposite gender and other races to feel a connection with their own creator. This labeling of both God’s gender and race stems from our very own views of what gender and race is the most dominant.... [tags: Gender, Race, African American, Racism]
1750 words (5 pages)
- Marketing Manager Job Analysis Introduction The Marketing manager’s job remains valuable for the company because of the needs associated with marketing the product. Hence, the Job analyst requires looking at capabilities and responsibilities that make an individual qualified for the job. Equally, an analyst requires updating the required skills with the changing times. Job analysis directly links to the establishment of other valuable personnel tools, including job evaluation, job specification, and the criteria prevalent during the performance.... [tags: Marketing, Promotion, Marketing management]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Marketing Manager: Promoting Cartoonist A career is an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person 's life and with opportunities for progress. It plays a significant role in a person’s life because it would be their career for the majority of a lifetime. For this reason, they must love what they do, because if they don’t, failure will take its toll. Beyond vitality, marketing managers plan programs to generate interest in products in services. Genuinely, when people see a big Dairy Queen poster in a Texas city, they are visualizing a product that derived from marketing management, therefore, it is extremely important to analyze the educational requirements, job respon... [tags: Business, Marketing, Marketing management]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Marketing Manager: Promoting Cartoonist A career is an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person 's life and with opportunities for progress. It plays a significant role in a person’s life because it would be their career for the majority of a lifetime. For this reason, they must love what they do, because if they don’t, failure will take its toll. Beyond vitality, marketing managers plan programs to generate interest in products in services.... [tags: Business, Marketing, Marketing management]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- Gender Marketing Gender Marketing is not about male versus female. It is about understanding your customer and his profile thoroughly. Marketers generally adopt the approach of neutral marketing to play safe; by and large both men and women feel that they have not been targeted by the marketers properly. The marketers should continuously strive for competitiveness and take benefits from the ever changing environment which can be facilitated by the realization of the concept of gender marketing.... [tags: Gender Marketing Economics Analysis]
1821 words (5.2 pages)
- Markering Introduction Steve Case founded America Online (AOL) in pre-Internet days when the networking of various computer systems was rather informal and difficult for all but the highly computer-literate to accomplish. His goal was to make accessing these networks easy enough for anyone to manage. Though AOL has changed dramatically since those days, ease of use has remained a primary consideration in all changes visible to the user. Much maligned by the more "serious" services (and their subscribers) in the past, AOL has risen to be the industry leader despite challenges and the image of being the J.R.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing BTEC Coursework]
576 words (1.6 pages)