Computer Science, Software Engineering and Information Systems are international qualifications, enabling people to work globally, and in a very broad variety of roles. There is steady growth in demand for technically adept and flexible IT graduates. Declining student enrollment, while growth continues in law, medicine, biology, economics, and business; the decline among women is particularly alarming (Klawe and Shneiderman 27). Computer science is now a part of everyone’s daily life through the innovations and technologies it enables. From transforming health care to enabling a more robust national defense, computer science is on the forefront of discovery, driving economic growth and transforming our culture.
Compared with the future of computer science employment, the most challengeable goal is about the professional development which includes being familiar of many programming languages and have remarkable creativity. Internationally, computer scientists could add their efforts to existing programs that aim to eradicate extreme poverty and hunger, improve education (27). For Achieving this pursuits, I obviously have to write clear comments and technical specs, which help other programmers understand my programming codes. In other words, other programmers can use and work with my code instead of rewriting it. By writing clear technical documentation for end users, they allow people to figure out what their code is supposed to do, which is the only way those users can see the value in their code. There's a lot of wonderful, useful code buried on source forges somewhere that nobody uses because it was created by programmers, who don't write very well, and so nobody knows what they've done...
... middle of paper ...
...d in the core of the high-tech cluster development that is technological innovation of enterprises. In the future, global economic growth in our national conditions should be the starting point to the development of new business models for the innovation. We do have optimistic minds in our computer science’s future.
Work Citied Page
1. Klawe, Maria and Shneiderman, Ben. “Crisis and Opportunity in Computer Science.” Communications of the ACM. Nov2005, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p27-28. 2p. 1 Illustration. Print
2. Lohr, Steve. “Computing, 2016: What Won't Be Possible?”
New York Times. 10/31/2006, Vol. 156 Issue 53749, pF3-F3. 1/2p. Print
3. Quan, Margaret. “Computers of the future' give voice to the dead.” Electronic Engineering Times (01921541). 05/31/99, Issue 1063, p59. 2p. 1 Color Photograph. Print
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Concepts of Feature Computer Science In the 21s century, the field of computer science is experiencing fundamental transformations. In this article “Three New Concepts of Future Computer Science” was written as an observation result of a new computer science resulted from the six-year Sino-USA computer science leadership exchanges. The authors of this article , Zhi-Wei and Dan-Dan Tun, list three new concepts of the future computer science: computational lens, computational thinking, and ternary computing.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Fields of science]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Statement of Purpose In the pristine place of Goa where parties and fun is at its peak, I was present there for the coding competition of Google. Though standing runner-up I learnt the vital phase of fun with work, in this Endeavour. This competition paved the way for me to pursue Master in Computer Science, which would help me to be a Google employee. Being in the kernel of technological and computing revolution, the field of Artificial Intelligence tends to change the human-computer interaction.... [tags: Computer science, Computer]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- A Strong Background in Computer Technology Will Benefit Future Engineers Computer technology has advanced dramatically over the past ten years. Technology has advanced from computers the size of a room that can only perform one particular task, to personal computers (PC’s) that will fit on a desk and perform multiple tasks. Understanding computers and their programs and being able to apply that knowledge is very important in today’s workplace. Engineering is a field that requires an extensive background in computer technology.... [tags: Computer Science]
1038 words (3 pages)
- When I was in middle school, I had totally no idea of what Computer Science is, but I was pretty proficient in using computers at that age. The only thing that I knew about Computer Science is that one of my aunts is in that field and that’s all, nor of my parents are in that major. Not until in High School that I got the sense of what programming is like. I was taught basic simple codings and I really enjoyed it and thought that the class was actually quite fun. But the class didn’t give me any sense of the important real-world applications of Computer Science.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Computer graphics]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer science is a field of study that while widely used, is not well understood without some education. Parents desire the best education possible for their child, including getting the most out of their education by encouraging pursuit in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). For the past several years across the United States there has been a new discussion in what classes should and should not be required. Some say that requiring such classes will be too much of a burden or an unrealistic ideal, while others say that requiring them will have a number of long-lasting and wide-reaching benefits.... [tags: Education, Secondary education, Computer science]
1382 words (3.9 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I look forward to a career in committed research where I considered Computational Science program as a novel challenge in my profession. I find this program to be a great course which I believe is an excellent preparation and will give me a good foundation in theoretical and practical aspects to excel in the desired workplace of tomorrow. My decision to continue my education in this field is the outcome of my profound interest in Computational Science. I thoroughly prepared for further studies in the field of Computer Science and I would like to deepen my practical understanding of the course.... [tags: international exposure, future, goals]
572 words (1.6 pages)
- After doing all the assignment and using all the useful resources you gave us I have fully created my future education plan. Before taking this class I was not so sure about my future plans and still had questions about what I wanted to do in the future. My plans for the future were influenced by many things I learned throughout my time in the class. My plans for the future is going to University of North Carolina at Greensboro and double major in computer science and graphic design or engineering.... [tags: computer science, graphic engineering]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Did your phone just ring. Or was that your computer notifying you of a new email. Since the Digital Revolution and the addition of digital electronics like the personal computer, software-based technology has always been an essential aspect of our lives. Something that would have taken up an entire classroom can now fit within the grasp of your hands thanks to the efforts of various computer scientists and engineers, making our lives much easier. My passion for both software and hardware behind it stems from having been fortunate enough to be introduced to it at a young age.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computation]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Benefits of nanotechnology :-for computer science Nanotechnology has benifited computer science in many ways such as by increasing the efficiency of computer processors, by ensuring the continuity of MOORE’S LAW etc. A billion (or trillion) tiny particles, whether complex molecules or miniature machines, must all cooperateand collaborate in order to produce the desired end result. None will have, individually, sufficient computing power to enable complex programming. Like the growth of crystals, the development of embryos, or the intelligent behaviour of ants, bottom-up nanotechnology must be achieved through collective, emergent behaviours, arising through simple interactions amongst itsel... [tags: Microprocessor, Computer, Integrated circuit]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- Computer Science is an extensive field with plenty of options to choose from, whether you want to create a new software that will make the development of a certain task easier to perform, to monitor and modify existing programs to make them work faster and more efficiently, to understand the structure of new technology and having the ability to fix it if something goes wrong, or simply keeping up with the new machines that as years go by, are becoming more necessary for our daily lives, this is the field you will definitely pursue.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer, Computer science]
1195 words (3.4 pages)