Essay PreviewMore ↓
According to Barbara Streisand song, People, “People who need people are the luckiest people in the world.” Barbara Streisand song asserts that a true friend will always be there for you, no matter what and because this they are consider lucky people. People are lucky because having someone in their life, who they count on, who will be there in good and in bad and who will make them happy. People need people to talk to, to count on, someone to laugh with, and someone who will make them happy. Lucky people have someone they could confide on when going through a difficult situation and gives advice in the direction they should take. For instant, Mattie was there when Mimi was going true a difficult situation. Mimi never imagined, she would ever get divorce, let alone be a single mom. Mimi whole life had come to a crash and she did not think she would make it. Mattie provided her shoulder for Mimi to cry until she had no more tears. Mattie never left her until Mimi her fear, anger, and betrayal past. Mimi needed Mattie and Mattie was there for her.
Some people will say they are happiest without someone in their life. Maybe because they prefer going home to a peaceful place without having someone nagging them, telling them how they forgot to pick up milk at the grocery store or how the laundry was not done and they did not have anything clean to wear. This is possible for some people, but for some it is not easy being alone, because they need that person that makes them feel whole. People that have no one to share his or her life with could become sad and depressed, isolated and may become suicidal.
How to Cite this Page
"Friends Make Life Better." 123HelpMe.com. 11 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Beyond a doubt, we must know and remember that friends can and will improve our lives. Are you the friend that gets out of your bed at night to rescue me when I’m stranded. Maybe you are the friend that will buy me food when I’m hungry. Sometimes, I have to think about if I have any good friends or if I have none. On certain days, I would sometimes hang out with friends that I barely talk to. Friends will always come and go is what I been taught. My friends are determined based on personality, style, and so much more.... [tags: friends, life, intimacy]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- Once there lived a boy named Tray. He seemed like a normal 16 year old to those who don’t know him, but to those who knew him, he was the weirdest kid ever. Tray had very little social experience. He would walk up to random people and hug them as if they were his parents. At school, everyone would try to stay away from him to avoid weird hugs. At home, he would spend most of his time alone. If not, he would be spending time with his family. They were his only friends. Life felt pretty dull to Tray.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Dream, Happiness]
705 words (2 pages)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People - A Personal Analysis “The more you get out of this book, the more you’ll get out of life.” This is the claim that Dale Carnegie makes in reference to his book, How to Win Friends and Influence People. Carnegie proposes that there are four main ideas that one should use when dealing with people: 1) Know how to handle people, 2) Make people like you, 3) Win people to their way of thinking, and 4) Be a leader. These skills are essential not only in being a good manager, but also in dealing with people in day to day life.... [tags: Win Friends Influence People Essays]
2463 words (7 pages)
- Greek Life at Colleges When a student graduates high school, most of them go off to somewhat of a larger college rather then a community one. Going to college means a variety of things: it can mean starting a new life social emotionally and physically, it can mean independence and freedom from close ones, or it can mean totally something indefinable. One of the aspects of all colleges is the social life and the networks all the students make to be successful in the future. Starting a social life is pretty easy but maintaining it along with studies can be quite a handful.... [tags: social, life, networks, friends, enjoyment]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Many people struggle with feelings of loneliness or depression. Surprisingly, this can be due to a lack of social support, or in more real terms, a lack of real friends. Many people, who have hundreds of followers on their social sites, think that they have friends, but the truth is, people need to have personal, in person, relationships. People who have personal relationships have more enriched lives and lean on the fact that someone is there for them. People without friends are known to die earlier, and suffer deep emotional pain from many mental conditions such as depression and chronic loneliness.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship, Love]
1403 words (4 pages)
- ... For example, once one hits their early adolescent years, he or she is more prone to calling all their classmates or associates a friend, just because they converse and see them on a regular basis. An example would be a young boy coming home to his parents and telling him that he saw all his friends at school that day, but in reality this young boy could be assuming that all his classmates enjoy his presents and feel the same way for him. As these youngsters age to their later teens, the definition becomes even more specific.... [tags: connection, relationship, memories]
571 words (1.6 pages)
- Every individual holds the key to their own future. We are told to follow our hearts and all your dreams for success will come true. We believe, you can make your future whatever you want it to be, no matter what you do. The truth is that success takes an enormous amount of determination and dedication. There are key things we need to look out for in order to be able to be successful. From your friends at school to how your carry yourself, it all makes a reputation for yourself. The successful people are the ones that understand how to balance it.... [tags: personal reflections]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- “You make the world a better place by making yourself a better person,” was once said by a man named Scott Sorrell. In today’s modern world and age, everything seems to be progressing and getting larger at a mind blowing rate. This includes people’s attitudes on themselves, on other people, and on the world in general. Many people are insecure and spiteful towards their physique or their overall worth, and bitter and disconnected from other people. Scott Sorrell’s quote is conveying that one can make the world a better place both for themselves and for other people simply by changing their attitude and being positive.... [tags: jennifer lawrence,people's attitudes,scott sorrell]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- There are a lot of important things in life. However, one of the most important things for people to survive in this world is friendship. Without friendship, people can die of loneliness. What do you think about your friends. Do you like your friends. There are a lot of different types of friends. There are friends that I like and some friends with whom I do not get along. Friends with positive characteristics such as reliable, trustworthy and faithful whom I usually get along with are the one that tend to have more friends and the negative one whom I usually not get along with tend to be alone.... [tags: Friendship Essay, Classification Essay]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- Friends are the pearls of our life. This word bears its great meaning only to those who could understand the greatness of its meaning. Its some thing sacred, it needs to be cherished and build up for many years with much care. Goran Stojanov once said, "One should always take care when making a choice of a friend-as the friends are the ones you pick by yourself." My opinion is a bit different than Gorans, I prefer to say, "Friends come and go, but with the precious few we shall live our lives happily." I specially agree that friends come in to our life spontaneously.... [tags: Personal Essays]
607 words (1.7 pages)
People not just are in each others life when thing are bad, but they also bring joy to are life. Friends enjoys going to the movies, a BBQ at the park, an amusement park with the kids and going to the bar for some adult time. Join a gym to encourage each there to loss weight and stay fit and even volunteer to help cash wash to help raise money for a school event. One of Mattie pass time was to go to Bob Marley, have a couple of drinks and dance all night. Emily did not know how to dance, she has two left feet but she will get on the dance floor and slowly move and pretend she could dance and she only did this because Mattie was her friend.
People will come and go through out your entire life, but when they become part of your life, when they are there through thick and thin, you will know you are lucky for you have found a true friend. Emily needed Mattie in her life because she was going through a difficult situation and Mattie was that friend that was there.
Barbara Streisand, “People who need people are the luckiest people in the world.” Record Album People, January 1964.