As the newly appointed CFO of Universal Health Services, the organization will conduct an internal financial analysis. The financial analysis will be for the company’s financial statements of three consecutive years; this will help reduce uncertainty and transform data so the organization can improve its decisions regarding the net income of the company if needed. However, based on the review of the financial statements, UHS has provided a stable and pleasant environment for patients to seek a great deal of care in the hospital and the community through acute care, ambulatory surgery centers and behavioral health. In regards to various stakeholder groups, financial statements are used to help enhance the knowledge of the company’s goals and to identify the risks and profits of the market share.
Universal Health Services (UHS) is one of the largest publically traded healthcare organizations in the country. Alan B. Miller, chairman and CEO, founded this organization in 1978 and employs over 60,000 staff members. UHS is headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. This organizatio...
... middle of paper ...
...o make sure the organization is spending its money wisely on purchasing services, contracts and supplies can be extremely beneficial (Herman, 2012). For that reason, Universal Health Services would like to recommend quarterly reports and have the staff make contact with the major payors ' contracts during this time as well. Doing so will help the organization build a more productive relationship among the team and boost profits even more to a sustainable financial level.
In conclusion, Universal Health Services has done a great job overall. The organization is growing, and the patients as well as the community have found comfort in the services. In addition, the organization has thirty-five years of success, so no matter what changes in the healthcare industry, UHS will be willing to conquer all obstacles and risks to continue serving the patients and the community.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Financial condition analysis is of vital concern to health managers, security analyst, investors and lenders. There are various financial terms which help in providing financial information of an organization. By looking at the raw data merely it is difficult to make any judgement from the income statement and balance sheet. “Ratio analysis is a form of financial statement analysis that is used to get a quick sign of a firm’s financial performance in several key areas. Ratio analysis is a cornerstone of fundamental analysis.... [tags: Balance sheet, Financial statements, Health care]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- RATIO AND FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANAYLSIS Ratio and Financial Statement Analysis can be seen as a means to an end i.e. Ratio analysis is a financial tool to derive a Financial Statement. Financial Analysis are accounting reports in respect of economic activities prepared periodically to measure the performance of the business. It could also be said to be the analysis established for evaluating the performance of companies. Such criteria are used as parameters in deciding whether the organisation is performing satisfactorily or not.... [tags: Financial ratio, Financial ratios, Balance sheet]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Financial Management and Analysis Table of Contents Introduction 3 Presentation of the companies 3 Ratio analysis of the companies 5 Profitability ratios 5 Liquidity ratios 7 Efficiency ratios 9 Gearing ratios 11 Investment ratios 12 Ratio analysis strengths and weaknesses 14 Introduction Financial analysis involves the use of various financial statements, which perform several functions. Basics of financial analysis consist of a balance sheet and income statement. Income statement shows revenues and expenditures of enterprises over a certain period of time, usually for one year or semester.... [tags: financial statements, SWOT, equity]
2196 words (6.3 pages)
- Financial Analysis A company’s current ratio measures the company’s ability to pay back its liabilities, such as debt and accounts payable, with its assets, such as cash, cash equivalents, accounts receivable, and etc. (Investopedia, para. 3, 2016). The current ratio can also provide one with a rough estimate of a company or industry’s financial health. Generally, a current ratio greater than one indicates that the company is able to pay its obligations, and that it possesses more asset values than it does liabilities values.... [tags: Balance sheet, Asset, Financial ratios]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- Every Number Tells a Story Financial statements can provide a wealth of information about a given organization. These statements provide information about the company’s financial position, cash flows, operations, performance and changes in the financial position. This information may be used as part of the decision making process for employees, shareholders, investors and competitors. Based upon these financial statements, key ratios are used to provide additional insight as to the financial health of a given company.... [tags: Income statement, Financial statements, Cash flow]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- The history within the health care industry has faced many challenges over the decades; there will be future changes and challenges that are country will have to overcome. Improving health care in the United States can only get better with stronger leaders and new strategies. The United States currently is and has faced many challenges in the health industry. There is not a single sector of the health care industry has not been affected. The healthcare industry contributes a mass majority of factors in the United States the economy.... [tags: Health care, Health economics, Health insurance]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- This paper will explore the history of the health care industry and the challenges that it has faced over the several decades and the factors of any future changes and challenges that the country will have to overcome. Improving health care in the United States shall only get better with stronger leaders and new strategies. The United States currently is and has been facing many challenges in the health industry. There is not a single sector of the health care industry that has not been affected.... [tags: Health care, Health economics, Health insurance]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- What can you conclude about the company’s financial condition from its statement of cash flows. Comparing the company’s financial condition with the industry average you can tell that the company has increased its cash flow but there isn’t any increase in the finance, this could mean that the business has low sales, they may have more debt or more liabilities than assets. The inventory turnover is negative which means they are spending too much money for the products and not selling as much as they are spending.... [tags: Balance sheet, Asset, Financial ratios]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- Post-Merger Analysis In today’s market segment, there is an uncertain economic and regulatory environment for the health care industry. In regards to the current state of this market, organizations should have a well-planned operational system implemented for such merger and acquisitions opportunities. Mergers and acquisitions are vigorous business tactics that support a firm in external growth and development, while providing competitiveness in gaining market share and financial efficiencies. The key financial drivers that will cause an organization to merge could stem from several factors.... [tags: Health care, Health insurance, Economics]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- Investors and other external users of financial information will often need to measure the performance and financial health of an organization. This is done in order to evaluate the success of the business, determine any weaknesses of the business, compare current and past performance, and compare current performance with industry standards. Financially stable organizations are desirable, because a financially stable business is one that successfully ensures its ability to generate income for investors and retain or increase value.... [tags: Financial Ratios Definition Research Paper]
1055 words (3 pages)