This book has really been beneficial to me this semester. I have grown so far as a cinematographer, I have grown to love that more than editing. I really felt confident about the cinematography of our short film.
Good cinematography can really make you pop from behind the camera. After watching our short film, I felt really proud because the film had really great depth of field and sharp focus on people. I heard nothing but compliments from the cinematography and I couldn’t have been more excited. Typically in films the director gets all the credit. However, in our short film I feel like the audience gave all of us equal credit by asking there interesting questions.
My favorite scene to film was probably the tea party scene. It was not just my favorite scene just because it was a cute part of the film, but I actually incorporated a filming technique in the scene that I learned from the book. I used a high angle tilt that went along perfectly with a later scene in the film and it allowed the audience to see the change and transformation that occurs over tim...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “As a student, I write for multiple purposes. Purpose is the key for how my thoughts are dictated on this blank white sheet.” After writing this in my in-class journal discussing my transition from five-paragraph writing to actual formation of thoughts without a specific format, I realized that this process was a larger undertaking than I originally thought. Through endless amounts of essay writing the personal academic improvements that have taken place this quarter are indescribable in comparison to any other academic feat made in my brief but fulfilling college career.... [tags: Reflection Essay]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Summer Term Reflection Paper As I look back on the beginning of my journey to a better career and life I can remember the weeks and months leading up to the first day of class. I remember visiting the college and speaking with an advisor to decide exactly what it was I wanted to do, and the steps it would take for me to reach my goals. I recall talking with the advisor about the requirements for my General Education credits as well my need to take a preparatory class for algebra because I scored to low on the placement exam to be allowed to take the full college level math.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Intern Reflection Paper The internship that I acquired during the summer of 2010 at the Greenwood Sports and Industrial Rehabilitation Center (GSIRC), allowed me to gain an immeasurable amount of experience during my tenure at this facility. Within this period, the exposure to new concepts within the physical therapy industry allowed me to observe and work hands on with patients of all ages and disabilities that exposed me to various treatment plans and programs to restore client’s mobility. The essential Physical Education and Exercise Science (PEES) courses taken at Lander University were beneficial to my academic knowledgebase, which prepared me and developed me for the opportunity within... [tags: Reflection Paper]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Final Reflection Paper Over the recent four months in Communication 1402 class, I have addressed three formal speechs and completed a number of chapters in the corresponding textbook “Communication Works”. This course of Communication aims to provide general information what public speaking is and how to address a public speaking. Recalling back the experience during the processes of completing the Speech to Imform, Speech to Persuade, and Group Presentation, I will draw a conclusion about this course and these three presentations in five aspects, comprising my previous perception of public speaking before this course; learning from the Speech to Inform; the goal and evaluation of Speech to... [tags: Public speaking, Rhetoric, Anxiety, Glossophobia]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- In this article, film critic Jason Guerrasio discusses Children of Men’s underlying theme of immigration. He states that the film "makes a potent case against the anti-immigrant sentiment" that is relevant to what is occurring in modern societies such as the United Kingdom and the United States. Guerrasio describes the film as “a complex meditation on the politics of today,” particularly the controversial debate on immigration. This article from Filmmaker Magazine not only provides a critique of the film, but an interview with director Alfonso Cuaron as well.... [tags: The Handmaid's Tale, Margaret Atwood]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Writing papers has been one of my biggest fears as a student. High school English class prepared me for the editing of my essays, for example, grammatical errors, spelling, font errors, and things that were under the category of fixing my paper. I realized that the writing process requires more than just editing, you have to understand that the paper is like a human body, it cannot function if every single part is not effective. I can certainly say that I have improved as a writer a great deal and this portfolio and the final revised drafts of my work certainly can argue for that.... [tags: Reflection Essay]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Reflection Paper on Foodcorp Simulation The Foodcorp simulation was a great exercise for this class. It was a fun activity. I felt that the materials and the situations reflected the real organizational experiences. There were thirteen roles with different responsibilities in the simulation. These roles create a structure of the organization. For example, these roles create a three level of hierarchy, two groups of products; frozen foods and dry foods, and the subsidiaries. I played the roles of senior vice president of frozen foods, vice president of production and vice president of sales and marketing of frozen foods.... [tags: Personal Reflection]
1407 words (4 pages)
- “Final Girl” It’s interesting to see the evolution of horror films as they evolve into something more. Peter Hutchings talks allot about how the old fades away and other grouping and trends start to emerge (216). The film industry itself will always be changing and creating new things, however, most films still haven’t equally balanced out mare and female roles. Generally, most horror films include a monster of some sort. It seems as though most killer/monster roles are taken by men, while women are usually put into roles that are powerless leaving them to be the victim.... [tags: Horror film, Film, Final girl, Slasher film]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- After taking this course, this has been a struggling journey. I did not find fun in this class due to the grade I have now as a result. My writing skills did not improve from high school, losing confidence in myself to create well-written, interesting papers. However, this class has given me ideas about new styles of writing. Having done these papers helped me to discern the qualifications to write a rhetorical analysis essay from a visual critique paper. Here is how my experience in College Writing went.... [tags: Writing, Rhetoric, Paper, Essay]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Pham, An 099 ESL Final Reflection To experience all of these things in this quarter, I did challenge myself and push myself to do better and harder. First thing when I entered this class I thought this class might be easier than I expect to, but I was wrong. I was surprised after one week that the teacher gave me ton of homework that I had to do. I felt overwhelming by that. However, I really wanted to pass this class, so I made myself get used to it. After three-four week pass by I felt everything was on the right track.... [tags: Writing, Essay, English-language films, Learning]
708 words (2 pages)