First of all, Facebook is a social network, which means it connects people around the world, allows us to make new friends around the world, builds more relationships, brings some new colors to life. It is very beneficial for families or friends settled abroad and want to keep in touch with their hometown, wherever they are in the world as long as there is access to the Internet, now, distance is just a theory number. Moreover, Facebook very helpful for people who feel shy in social interaction, the point is by all of sharing our experiences, good or bad, on social network sites such as Facebook, we’re able to empathize with each other, help them feel better. Besides, it has been known as to reunite lost family members and friends because of the widespread reach of its network. One such reunion in 2010 was between John Watson and his daughter he had been seeking for 20 years; they met up after Watson found her Facebook profile (7online.com). In many coutry, they create some charity pages and organize fundraisers in order to...
... middle of paper ...
...cted, it also lead you to procrastinating from doing other important things such as your job tasks, studying, so on, and of course it will cause some bad result. Facebook was invented to help us, now human put it into a drug, easy to addict but hard to quit.
Because of some negative effects, Facebook was used to be banned in some schools, and companies. However, Facebook is not guilty, people who abuse it is blamable. Life is full of new things waiting for us to explore, why do we keep sinking into that virtual world?! You are living in real life not in social world, so shut you phone down, go out and meet these real people, don’t hesitate, control your time, don’t let it master you. Be aware of what information we share with others and make sure we still have quality time for our real life. It is still a “double-edged sword” but don’t make it shaft anymore.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Facebook is a place where individuals can be whoever he or she desires to be. It is a popular social networking site founded February 4, 2004 and was the first to create the thumbs up “liking” icon (Chin, Lu, and Wu, 2015). Currently, Facebook consist of 1.23 billion active users (Blease, 2015). Near the end of 2011, 250 million photos were uploaded by Facebook users and the like button was clicked 2.7 million times per day (Chen and Lee, 2013). The many functions of Facebook range from people’s freedom to create a personal profile, maintain count of friends, stay in contact with others, post pictures, update statuses, and so forth (Blease, 2015).... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, MySpace]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- Facebook’s sales come from advertising on its social network. The technologies that the industry uses are the internet, mobile apps, industry-standard local storage, cookies, and pixel tags. These technologies are mainly used to get data from the users to be able to send relevant ads to each user. Technical standards are very important in defining how business is done in the social media industry. Everything that Facebook does is based on the current standards of the industry. There are the basic internet standards which were set by The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) (Bradner, 1996), mobile app standards which were set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIFT) (Mic... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Advertising]
1958 words (5.6 pages)
- Ea talked about Facebook, a social network, and claimed that it was an “anti social network”. Though the emergence of social network disturbed our physical social contact, it did bring us a new way to know more people and a new vision to see the world. It’s hard for people to imagine a girl living in the U.S. for 30 years can make friends with a boy living in Japan. Even though they have never seen each other before, they can still acquire personal information and see photos posted by each other through Facebook or other social networking software.... [tags: Instant messaging, Social network service]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- The Social Network. I recently saw The Social Network, a movie that shares the story of the development and issues that went along with the creation of Facebook. Facebook is the most popular social network website that now connects millions of people around the world. Facebook was created exclusively for Harvard students and then was spread it to other schools, then to other communities, and now to everyone. The story begins at Harvard University, where Mark Zuckerberg, after being dumped by his girlfriend, created a website to rank girls based on their “hotness”.... [tags: Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Social networking has been exploding with popularity since the 90s and has progressively attracting more and more different audience types. Some social networking sites that are currently popular are MySpace, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tinder, and Snapchat but the most widely used social network is most likely Facebook. Facebook was originally created for a small specific group of college students but it expanded all over the country and eventually the world. Facebook is an outstanding social network that allows people to socialize and share what is going on in their lives.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- Is Social Network good for the youth. Social networking has become a controversial topic, at the same time, a special influence on teenagers in the 21th century. Somehow, the social platform has become an integral part of modern life because of its convenient nature. A social network can be defined as one of social connections and personal relationships. It also refers to dedicated websites or other applications that enable the users to communicate with one another, by posting images, information, messages, and comments.... [tags: Social network, Social network service, Facebook]
1575 words (4.5 pages)
- For a number of youths today, the first thing when they wake up in the morning or the last thing before sleeping is to check the new information via their social networking sites (SNS) like Facebook, Onstagram and Google plus. They like to review what is posted by their friends. Today, using online social networking becomes an essential and indispensable part of our daily life. By the content on those websites, an individual could review the photos, blogs and status on of his friends(Hong & Shao,2012).... [tags: Social network service, Facebook]
1939 words (5.5 pages)
- Facebook is a social site that helps people to communicate not only from their computer but also from their phones or Tablets. In the article “Facebook Needs Phone to Battle Google for Mobiles Ads,” it is stated that “800 million people use Facebook for Android, IPhone or some other app to access the platform and connect with their friends, family, and colleagues” (Clint). Clint is telling us that Facebook is a social media that helps people to get in contact with other colleagues and family, also to make friends with other people from all around the world.... [tags: Social network service, Facebook, Twitter]
2042 words (5.8 pages)
- Social networks have now existed around us for several amount of years, we begun to recognize how large they were capable of becoming when we witnessed the outbreak of Facebook in 2006. Social networks have made it easier for us to stay in contact and communicate with friends that live in another part of the world. However, social networks have also introduced us to meet new people through the internet and share our ideas and thoughts with people from around the globe. Despite that there are a lot of positive factors surrounding social networks; there is at least an equal amount of negative ones.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, MySpace]
2577 words (7.4 pages)
- The digital age has been developing faster than anyone would have imagined. The internet with the help of advanced technology has helped people maintain relationships from real life to online relationships. Facebook is but one example of this. Facebook has opened doors to maintaining relationships with family members who may live across the world, friends who are living across the country, and professional relationships. Although Facebook has given another way of creating and maintaining relationships, it does not always diminish the feelings of alienation or anomie that face-to-face relationships help with.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Sociology]
1267 words (3.6 pages)