The reason I chose the Hotel Management industry is because it is a career path that I have always been interested in and curious about. It is a fast growing widespread global industry. I’ve always wanted an exciting career, which would integrate my business and creative skills in a way, which would be more energetic, active and fun than most orthodox and boring office desk jobs. I also desired to work in an industry, which I was fervent about. For my first year Applied study period I had the opportunity to work at The Taj hotels, resorts and palaces, India and my experience there established many of my principles of how the hotel industry operated. Despite my refining on the job experience, that allowed me to explore the various departments and requirements of the everyday job, I had never elaborately researched the prospects of working and skills and requirements required in the Hotel Management industry; and this Is exactly what I aim to accomplish with this report.
Hotel Management can be described as running or managing a hotel. Hotel managers are in charge of everything from housekeeping and reservations to catering and concierge services. The Hotel industry as a whole benefits from increased travel. It comprises of businesses that provide services, primary accommodations, food and beverages.
A hotel manager is accountable for the day-to-day functioning of a hotel and its staff. They have trade responsibilities for financial and budgeting management, organizing, planning and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (concierge, reservations, reception), housekeeping and food and beverage operati...
... middle of paper ...
...fter gaining experience and developing a viable business plan. One can even open his or her own hotel after becoming an experienced manager. Within six months of graduation, hospitality graduates can get a job in this industry with ease. Some of them choose to work in restaurants, pubs, events organising or as waitresses, chefs and receptionists. On the other hand some further purse gaining work experience while studying to broaden their opportunities and further specialize in hospitality related functions.
In the hospitality industry one must be prepared to work all over the globe. There are work abroad opportunities available to trainees and other employees looking to expand their horizons. The possibility to progress in this industry depends on the level of your experience, your flexibility to move around the world and the magnitude of the hotel or its chain.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- After reading the first part of the report, the things I would see as priorities would be initially to develop the knowledge bank on the hotel business overseas. Whilst the process of running a hotel in one country will be very similar to that of running one in another country, there are a number of things the business will not understand, and to avoid risk they need to quickly grasp the peculiarities of the local market quickly. Utilising the team of consultants employed will be critical, no information they provide should be ignored, it will all help.... [tags: Hotel, Management, Hotels, Hotel chains]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- A career is a type of profession that a person or adult goes into after high school. The career position that I find the most interesting is business. There are many types of business ventures like franchise, entrepreneurship and local or Mega adventure ventures.The career path that I would like to go into business outside of the United States. I would like to open a Hotel Resort in the islands in the caribbean, I would like to go into this type of career path because it is a much easier way to gain profits (Money) and work around your own schedule.... [tags: Hotel, Resort, Business, Corporation]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- 7 Exciting Careers Your Business Management Degree Can Lead To Now is an exciting time to get an education. There are constantly new businesses popping up, so the demand for competent employees is ever increasing. If you know exactly what you want to do, then great. There are many colleges in Los Angeles that have a proven track record for preparing their students for professional success. But what if you’re still undecided about your career path. Good news. There is one degree that can help you in virtually any industry, and that’s a business management degree.... [tags: Management, Management occupations]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- The Berkeley Hotel is a 5 star luxury Hotel based in central London. This year the company has decided to invest in improving the facilities and it is scheduled in the first half of January a building refurbishment of the lobby, the bar and one of the restaurants. Thus, for a period of six months, a part of the building will be closed to the public and the hotel’s capacity will be reduced by the 30%. The works are going to expand the departments (bar and restaurant) by renovating and adding space in which there will be extra tables/covers.... [tags: Hotel, Human resource management]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Being inspired by my uncle owning a 3 star Hotel in Coimbatore, I wanted to become a successful Chef and also have a plan to set up a business class hotel in Coimbatore. I always have a passion in Cookery, Hotel Management and Hospitality. So I studied bachelors also in the field of Hotel Management and Tourism, I was very much interested to do course related to cookery immediately after my graduation, but due to my father’s health condition I was in a postion to take over the business. Now he is alright and handling the funds and properties and he understands my passion to get an overseas qualification, and he is supporting me to do the same after a gap of ten years, The time has come... [tags: tourism, chef]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- Introduction Today the use of revenue management is dramatically changed for the past few decades. As revenue management shows its importance in the industry, revenue managers now have more strategic roles than just analyzing and applying opening and closing rates and forecasting them for the next weeks and months. They are now responsible for controlling revenue from other income generating assets at the hotel. They also became closely associated with marketing colleagues and interact with competitors as well as predicting the actions of competitors.... [tags: marketing, hotel chains]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- I was fortunate enough to have experienced first hand and learned, many different sides of what goes on in the hotel industry. Five out of the ten years in the hotel industry, I worked as a housekeeping assistant manager in overseeing operations, assigning tasks and performing room inspections. The general aspects of projects were planned, developed and detail at every stage. It was my obligation to maintain the highest standards of performance of the hotels to establish and support a working environment that recognized every employee 's dignity and worth to encourage collaboration, innovation, and quality work.... [tags: Communication, Graphic communication, Hotel]
1529 words (4.4 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction Nowadays, employability is about developing attributes, techniques or experience just to encourage a student to get a job, or to progress within a current career (Harvey 2003). A good career planning and development can help people better to improve their workability and reduce changes are caused by the unexpected loss of a position. It is important that involves learning enough about yourself and the professions which you are considering to make an acquainted decision (Haywood, B 1993).... [tags: Management, Employment, Hotel]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Developing skills in order to become a successful person involves complicated steps, determination, and good interpretation. A career job continues to stay as an occupation a person remains in and continue to increase in the position level. There may be different certifications, degrees, or work experience needed for a specific career job. A career job should make a person feel excited for another work day. As an individual realizes the rest of their life, each person has different aspects to encounter.... [tags: Forensic science, Fingerprint, Forensics]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Executive Summary The marketing concept has developed from merely promoting the company’s products or services into a complete art or a science of generating a lasting brand image in the competitive market. In this context, marketing is defined as the process of formulating strategies while expecting the needs and preferences of the customers so as to attract and retain them. The marketing process involves a succession of activities linked to promotion, formulating marketing strategies, online promotions, broadcasting, and providing good customer service.... [tags: Marketing, Hotel, Strategic management]
1469 words (4.2 pages)