1.1 IPT chosen
INTI International University
1.2.1 INTI International University
INTI International University, Laureate International Universities is a private university located in Putra Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, about 50 km from the center of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was known as INTI University College until 31 May 2010 when the Higher Education Ministry announced its upgrade to university status. It is owned by INTI Education Group which has formalized its partnership with Laureate International Universities in 2008. Program offered in IU include pre-university and foundation studies, diploma, degrees (home-grown and overseas transfers), and postgraduate degrees.
1.2.2 Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
UiTM is Malaysia's largest institution of higher learning in terms of size and population. It has experienced phenomenal growth since its inception in 1956 and it is still growing. Beside the main campus in Shah Alam, the university has expanded nationwide with 12 state campuses, 6 satellite campuses in Shah Alam, 11 state satellite campuses and 21 affiliated colleges. With this vast network and a workforce of 17,770, the university offers almost 480 academic programmes in a conducive and vibrant environment. It is also home to some 175,200 students.
The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate the ISM program in UiTM by comparing it with other similar program offered by INTI International University. In evaluating the ISM program, the criteria that needed to be focused on are the comparison between the requirement needed to enter the university, the details of the program, the fee and the job opportunities.
2.1 Findings/ results
Based on the analysis through the I...
... middle of paper ...
...iversity provided 3 years of duration. They do not provide any choice of part time mode which they only have full time mode. Unlike UiTM, they did provide those choices.
As the UiTM fee is being sponsored by government for RM 8, 431 for a year, the fee is cheaper than other university. For the INTI University, the fee is expensive as it is the private university and not being sponsored by any organization.
2.2.4 Job opportunity
The job opportunity provided by UiTM and INTI University are slightly different which is UiTM is more to information management and INTI University is more to graphic and multimedia work fields.
2.3 Test criteria
2.4 Methods of investigation
Method of investigation is through the analysis from the official website of the UiTM and INTI University themselves. All the data needed to make this evaluation have been provided there.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
Bachelor of Science Information System Management vs Bachelor in Information and Communication Technology
- 1. Introduction 1.1. Background Since we live in the information age era, IT has become a part of our everyday lives which gives a great impact on our society. And nowadays, the world has become as “global village” due to advancement of IT. So, while technology is playing a larger role in society overall, such a good solution in enhancing IT skills to young generations is by provide courses or programs about information technology itself in education as it offers new avenues to explore like; academically, socially and recreationally.... [tags: evaluation program]
1965 words (5.6 pages)
- Purpose This research is to evaluate the ISM program which is currently offered at the faculty of information system management (information system) at University Teknologi Mara (UiTM) and faculty of computer science (Graphics and Multimedia Software) at University Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). The evaluation consists of the requirement, fees, background and so on. In this research to compare the weakness and the strength that include in the both of university in the field required. Background Faculty of information management at Universiti Teknologi Mara(UiTM) offered the course start from diploma, bachelor , master and Doctor of Philosophy.... [tags: career and university choices]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- It could be argued that the ‘ism’ in ‘Hinduism’ is a problem; however, numerous scholars have suggested that Hinduism was invented and constructed by British Scholars and other senior figures during the nineteenth century. On the other hand we see evidence of the term Hindu in thirteenth century texts such as the Rig Veda. During the 1800’s Hinduism was actually known as ‘Hindooism’. In a letter published in 1818 by John Crawford we see seven examples of Hinduism spelt with a ‘u’. (Who invented Hinduism.... [tags: Religion]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- PURPOSE BACKGROUND Universiti Teknologi MARA Universiti Teknologi MARA or UiTM, established in 1956. UITM can be considered as the largest university in the Malaysia with a main campus, three cable campuses, 12 branch campuses, six city campuses, 25 affiliated campuses and a smart campus for the future. Presently, the Shah Alam campus is host to 45% of the total 100,000 students. Information system management(ISM) is the one of the course that offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA.ISM is the study of people, technology, organizations and the relationships among them.... [tags: university evaluation and comparison]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- Montana State University Billings (Billings, MT) Montana State University Billings has one of the largest campus populations in the state with more than 4,900 students in attendance. The campus sits on 100 acres of land located in downtown Billings. The university’s online platform, MSUB Online, offers more than 200 classes online spanning 5 academic colleges. The campus has hosted several TEDx Talks with speakers including several local educators, leaders and musicians. Montana State University Billings offers a variety of associate’s, baccalaureate, master’s and certificate programs via MSUB Online.... [tags: Academic degree, University, Doctorate]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my statement letter to you for the Counseling in Educational Settings program at Rowan University. It has always been my intent to go as far as I can with my education, but never clearly understanding which direction made the distance seem uncharted. Growing up I imagined being a teacher in a classroom setting. I wanted to share the excitement of discovering and understanding something for the very first time. I assumed this made my decision cut and dry.... [tags: Education, Academic degree, University]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Why choose Keiser University 's nursing program. There are many other colleges/ universities that offer the same great program, such as, South University and the University of South Florida. These schools probably come to mind when choosing a school but, Keiser outshined the rest, not to mention the countless programs they have to offer. Keiser has many campuses to choose from, there are a great variety of locations such as Miami, Clearwater, and Tampa to name a few. Tampa is the closest campus which is a common reason for choosing a school.... [tags: Education, University, English-language films]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- Why Keiser University 's nursing program. There are many other colleges/ universities that offer the same great program. Many university’s probably came to mind but in my choosing what school I wanted to go to, Keiser outshined the rest. Not to mention the countless programs Keiser has to offer. Keiser has many campuses you can choose, there is a great variety of locations such as Miami, Clearwater, and Tampa to name a few. The closest and main reason for my choosing of Keiser was it’s Tampa campus.... [tags: Education, English-language films, University]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- The Southern Methodist University football scandal, also known as Ponygate, was one of the most severe consequences that the NCAA has ever given out to a college or university. In this instance, the Southern Methodist University football program was found to be illegally paying their players after already being in trouble with the NCAA several times. The first time this football program had been caught by the NCAA for not following its rules was in 1985. This was when an incident regarding offensive lineman Sean Stopperich came up.... [tags: NCAA, rules, paying the players]
2046 words (5.8 pages)
- University Foundation The presentation I choose to summarize is Greg Gissendanner’s presentation on the university foundation. Like most of the other presentations in class, Greg used the standard outline of presenting the unit’s history, mission, organizational structure, funding and financial concerns, and current issues. History. Greg showed that while many foundations look fairly similar today, the history of foundation development took on many different forms at different institutions.... [tags: University Foundation Education Essays]
2665 words (7.6 pages)