If several states, follow suit and developed a comprehensive evaluation system like the Colorado. In 2011, the Colorado Senate passed a bill 10-91 changing the way educators assessment are conducted in public education. This law states ...
... middle of paper ...
...xible guidelines and recommendation that can be used to evaluate teaching for summative purposes (Evaluation of Teaching, n.d.). When an educational organization has evaluation based on a systematic set of guidelines based off of summative methods, it provides an organization with flexibility and the evaluation of educational activity to be done in a variety of ways. This also allowed evaluators to collect practical experience in the classroom and extensive research in the learning sciences — “Does the teacher help and encourage students to learn something worth learning in a way that makes a sustained, substantial and positive difference in the way they think, act, or feels, without doing the students any harm?" (Evaluation of Teaching, n.d.). Nevertheless, a well designed process can only help educators improve at their task and will ultimately benefit students.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Are children really being sent to school to get a rigorous education. This is a tough question. Children in America are being sent through a public education system that reeks of political and corporate manipulation. This design attempts to force every child into the same mold, which does not let the individual child express themselves, be recognized for their personal strengths, or get support for that with which they struggle. There are many things that continue to contribute to the degradation of education in America, and some of these are private investments in charter schools, No Child Left Behind (NCLB), and an overemphasis on standardized testing.... [tags: High school, Standardized test, Education]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- As the youth of America, adults continuously stress the importance of education not only for self-betterment, but also to develop youths into the future leaders of the United States of America. Keeping this in mind, it is no wonder that many people praise teachers as the molders of the future of America. However, if students do not do as well as they could in school, it is necessarily fair to put all of the blame on them. Although commonly overlooked, there are two parts in the equation when considering the educational prosperity of students, the student and the teacher.... [tags: Education]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- Originated by John Moody in 1909, the Moody’s rating system provides investors with grades to evaluate the creditworthiness of securities to sell to investors. Like we discussed in class, there are nine grades that range from least risky to most risky (“Ratings Definitions,” 2014). Prior to late 2007, Moody’s was a highly trusted rating company. In December 2007, the U.S. entered the third longest recession in its history. According to Britannica, the crisis in the American housing market eventually caused the entire economy to collapse.... [tags: Bond, Credit rating agency, Standard & Poor's]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- In 1968 Jack Valenti, the president of the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), established the Classification and Ratings Administration (CARA) in an effort to reduce the amount of objectionable material in film. Before 1968, the MPAA required that all films follow the guidelines of the Production Code. The Production Code stipulated what was and was not appropriate to appear in films. In 1966, the MPAA elected Jack Valenti president and he changed the code to a rating system based on the amount of objectionable content in a film.... [tags: Violence ]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- The profession of teaching is comprised of high and rigorous standards. As an educator, you serve as a role model and professionalism is an important element that should be portrayed to students and colleagues. The Introduction to Teaching course allowed me to gain a basic understanding and knowledge of teacher responsibilities and expectations in the classroom. In addition to the information obtained from class, I was able to gain in-depth knowledge due to the valuable information I collected from my observations of a seasoned kindergarten teacher at Creek View Elementary School.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Profession, Special education]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” This quote by William Arthur Ward is perhaps my favorite message in regards to education and the role that teachers play in the lives of their students. Though young in age and with obvious faults, I make up for it with life experiences that sadden, amaze, and inspire those who are eager to listen and to learn. A brief description will show that growing up I was taught to be a “southern gentlemen”, that is to be respectful to everybody, have proper manners, and most importantly to be a hard worker.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Substitute teacher, School]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- Terminology You Need to Know to Comprehend Your Credit ranking Report NEGATIVE CREDIT CAN COME WITH SERIOUS PROBLEMS Your credit rating is a overview of your "consumer character" and as such, can have some pretty bad effects with the wrong details. Our lives for the most aspect center around the choices we create and we are presented with those choices daily, sometimes many times a day. Poor choices, such as spending too much money or over increasing yourself from a credit viewpoint can have a lasting impact on you and your ability to continue making similar choices at a later time frame and time, sometimes, in the case of a personal bankruptcy, up to ten decades.... [tags: Debt, Credit rating, Credit, Credit history]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- There are many issues currently facing our public education system: teacher retention, teacher salary, per-pupil spending, class size, high-stakes testing, partisan school board elections, and the diversion of public school funding to charter schools are just a few of the hot-button issues that we currently face. However, because of my comfort level utilizing technology in the classroom that is the issue I choose to discuss. Over time technology has begun to creep into many more aspects of our lives than it ever has before.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Technology]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Entertainment is one of the most favorite pasttime for families to do in their free time. Movies, games, and TV shows, so many good ones, so little time. Parents are face with so many decisions when raising their children. Some decisions are not easy to make, ex: schools to send them too, daycare system, and place of residency. With the everyday stress that parents face, it is good to know that somebody is looking out for us. Entertainment ratings are a wonderful tool to allow the parents to know what is age-appropriate for our children.... [tags: Entertainment ]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- There are many concerns that teachers have about rules and regulations in education. Depending upon the teachers’ focus areas, they might be worried about the development of special education; if their primary focus is athletics, they are concerned about pass / play; if a teacher is in charge of an organization that is in need of extra funds, they are worried about the new rules concerning fundraising that view raffles as gambling. All in all, they all have legitimate concerns. The new teacher evaluation system, however, seems to be the most relevant, pressing concern.... [tags: teacher evaluation systems]
1483 words (4.2 pages)