Nt1310 Unit 3 Assignment 1

Good Essays
The DOT (also know as USDOT) Number is an ID for federal safety regulations. The MC Number is your "Interstate Operating Authority." This is the $300 fee I believe you were referring to. The cost is dependent on Authority. 'Permanent Authority has a filing fee of $300." As you know, your business operations will require both the DOT AND MC number. For the USDOT num., you will have to complete the URS (Unified Registration System) Online Application for new applicants with FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration). The website is To complete the application, you will need the following: EIN (Employer Id #) or Social Security # Dun and Bradstreet Number (also know as DUNS #; the 9-digit ID for business credit) - *this number isn't required, but we can work on that if needed. Company Officers and Titles Proof of Insurance (Evidence of Financial Responsibility) and Designation of Process Agent are both electronically filed with FMCSA immediately after you receive your USDOT number.…show more content…
Depending on the coverage you need, your insurance agency will have to submit specific documents. Since you will be traveling outside of NC, form BMC-91, BMC-32, and MCS-90 are needed. There may be additional forms for NC, although I didn't see any initially. The insurance agency should be able to better advise. I found more information regarding the commercial insurance on the Progressive website (; however, it doesn't look like they currently provide insurance for your type of vehicles. I'm not sure if you already have commercial insurance. We can work on that as well if
Get Access