Have you ever been annoyed with the crunching sound of ice by someone who is addicted to chewing ice? However, I did and it’s annoying to hear the sound of someone chewing ice. There are some people that crunch on ice cubes all day long and every day. They even get up in the middle of the night to chew ice. However, I am one of those people that are addicted to chewing ice and I cannot even stop that behavior. I love chewing ice because I like the texture and how if feel in my mouth; I no right that is much wired. In this paper I will be explaining how I started chewing ice and the learning theories that help stop me from chewing ice.
The behavior that I am addicted to and want to stop is chewing ice. I started chewing ice when I was six years old and since then I could not stop. I always have ice drinks with me where I go then after I will start chewing the ice. I remember when I was in high school every time I am waiting for the bus I am chewing ice even when it 's cold outside I have ice with me. I got so addicted to chewing ice that I always feel cold and people around me knew that I had an ice chewing problem. When I am studying in there is a cup of ice with me or even when I am watching movies or even talking to my friends I have ice with me. However, I know that chewing ice was a serious addiction and it can have any health problem I just could not stop my chewing ice behavior. Meanwhile, when I went to the doctor for a checkup they told me that I was anemic and the doctor wanted me to start taking iron pills because my body did not have enough iron. However, I was on the pills for a long time, and then I stop taking the pills because I was moving on campus. When I was on campus I started my behavi...
... middle of paper ...
...did it for three week. The first day when I started was a struggle because I kept on chewing ice even when I was done eating my food and even when I was in my room. Also, my roommate told me that I should really focus on my treatment plan because it will help me to stop chewing ice. However, there was no adjustment made to the treatment plan because I follow the rule that was made and it was great. The things that I learned from the process are that I can stop chewing ice and my teeth will be in good shape. Also, I learned that it 's not easy to stop a behavior that you are addicted to but if you work hard you will get through it fined. Now I don’t really like chewing ice because I know what it can do to me and what it can do to my teeth. Also I learn that when you have someone there to coach you in the process, then you will feel motivated to go on with the process.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every time she runs, Kayla Montgomery falls in her coach’s arms crying for help because she can’t feel her legs. Kayla Montgomery was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at the young age of fourteen after a fall in a soccer game. After the game, Kayla felt numbness in her legs and was heartbroken when the doctor diagnosed her with multiple sclerosis, knowing that playing soccer would never be an option. Montgomery was never a good runner until the day she decided that she was not giving up on being an athlete and tried out for the cross country team.... [tags: Multiple sclerosis, Nervous system, Relapse]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- The GHGs simulate a blanket that covers the earth and keep the world warm. This protection is great for the mammals that have adapted and are comfortable being warm. Over the last couples hundred years, humans have seriously increases the level of GHGs of the world by one burning fossil fuels, oil and coal. This has rising the temperature in area the need to stay cold to support the cold weather animals. Other things are also causing the temperature to rise like deforestation. Cutting down an abundance of tree stop them from actually doing one of their jobs, this is soaking up some of the CO2.... [tags: Polar bear, Pinniped, Polar ice cap, Bear]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- The next morning, Becca got to the ice rink just after 8:00am. With the charity event that evening, she was too restless to sleep in. Watching Ashley skate always seemed to relax her, and today was no exception. As Ashley glided across the ice, shuffling her skates to the music, Becca’s Nutcracker anxiety melted away. Only two days before Christmas, the Plymouth Ice Center was packed. There wasn’t a hockey game scheduled for that night, because of the holiday, but there were plenty of activities.... [tags: Ice hockey, Ice rink, Axel jump, Ice]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Ice Hockey is a fast-paced physical team sport played on ice. In hockey skaters use hockey sticks to hit a hard rubber puck into the opponents net. Hockey is popular in North America, Europe, and Russia. Hockey is an official winter Olympic sport and is the national winter sport in Canada. Hockey is nicknamed “the fastest sport on earth.” There are many theories of where and how hockey was originated. But modern day hockey is believed to originate from the game of field hockey which was first played in ancient Greece, Egypt and Persia.... [tags: team sports played on ice]
598 words (1.7 pages)
- Lab: Triple Point of Dry Ice Introduction When a substance undergoes a triple point change, then it goes through all three of the states of matter: solid, liquid, as well as gas. When all three matters exist at the same time, it is extremely rare and an interesting sight to experience. A triple point is defined, specifically, as “ the temperature and pressure at which the solid, liquid, and vapor phases of a pure substance can coexist in equilibrium” (1). An excellent example of a substance that has the ability to obtain a triple point would be dry ice.... [tags: Substance, Dry Ice]
1042 words (3 pages)
- 1. Which segments of the general external environment, if any, are relevant to the Russian. Cream industry. Why. One of the favorite snack and desert of Russians since 1900s ice cream was considered one of the best in the world. The popularity had grown since and in 1990 the per capita consumption of ice cream by Russians was 6.95 pounds mainly distributed through kiosk, supermarket, grocessary store, restaurants and cafés. The Russian ice cream industries were facing lot of completion and global pressure to meet up with the benchmarking that the American franchise Haagen- Dazs and Baskin & Robbins has set.... [tags: Ice cream, Marketing, Brand, Soviet Union]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- Every sport in today’s modern world seems to think it is the fastest paced sport around. From football, to baseball, to soccer, to lacrosse, all of these sports seem to think they have the fastest paced sport. Another sport that is played today that seems to be very low key to being the fastest paced sport is ice hockey. The real question here is since speed is a major part of ice hockey, is it more so than any other sport played by professional athletes. Accordingly, one reason ice hockey has such a fast pace is because, unlike football, baseball, or lacrosse, it is played on a sheet of ice instead of a grass or artificial field such as AstroTurf.... [tags: Ice hockey, National Hockey League, Miles per hour]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- The ULL bus stop is something students and faculty walk by and use every day. It is a very visible part of ULL and has been looked passed and it is apparent that it has been neglected for years. Our Action Project is focusing on not only adding on to the bus stop, but also the renewal of what is already there. Our project topic is something that is important because the current bus stop does not meet certain needs. When you are at the bus stop to go to Cajun Field and you look at the covering you will notice that it is falling apart.... [tags: Public transport, Bus stop, Bus, Accessibility]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- Ice-Fili and the Russian Ice-Cream Market The Russian Ice Cream market is worth $ 500 million, with Ice Fili as the market leader. The industry concentration, determined by the market share of the four largest firms in a sector is low for Russian ice-cream industry. It indicates that the industry is highly fragmented and competitive. The industry has experienced a low growth rate of ~ 3.5 % for the last two years and the other factors influencing the overall market size, like the population and the per capita consumption of ice cream have been stagnant over the years.... [tags: Ice Cream Industry Market Russia business]
1747 words (5 pages)
- Robert Frost’s Fire and Ice Fire and Ice is a popular poem written in 1923 by Robert Frost. It is a very well known poem and is used in many high schools and colleges today. Many students along with various critics read this poem as Frost’s idea as to how the world is going to end. People also take this in a Biblical sense, because the passage that God states the next time he destroys the world, it will be in fire. He blatantly states in the first lines, “Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice”, which leads many critics to believe the simplicity of this poem was to be taken as simple and to the point.... [tags: Fire and Ice Robert Frost Poems Essays]
994 words (2.8 pages)