I believe that talking to someone in person becomes scary when texting is the only form of communication used. I have a friend who recently witnessed this with a guy she was considering dating. She and this guy had been texting for two months. They would see each other in person and he could not bring himself to speak to her verbally, except he would text her while they were in the same room. Consequently, he could not bring himself to ask her to be his girlfriend in person. Continually for two months he texted her and asked her to be his girlfriend, but she refused. She said she could not accept until he asked her in person. Finally, he did ask her. They have been dating for one year now. If he had never gained enough courage to ask her out, it could have ruined a wonderful relationship. Multiple individuals are brave when it comes to texting, but are too shy t...
... middle of paper ...
...ents are very valid, the social classes can provide a separate category of learning so that teachers would not have to implement social skills into their agenda. Also, children who do not have parents or guardians or ones that do not care about them will be able to have classes that could show them how to be sociable. Students can learn the proper way to socially behave. Not only how to behave in a classroom setting, but beyond as well. I firmly believe that my proposition to fix social awkwardness will benefit the ages to come.
In conclusion, I think it is fine to text, but there is a problem when people block others out simply because of texting. The decency of speaking to someone in person is lost due to texting excessively. Texting has ruined our most natural human ability, which is to socialize. Personable communication is something that should be held on to.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Texting and driving is known to the world as one of the most dangerous things to do while on the road. Not only is it dangerous to the person driving, but also much more dangerous to the people and cars surrounding that particular individual. According to many people texting and driving is similar if not identical to that of drunk driving. For example texting and driving physically and mentally impairs you to drive straight down a road, without causing a danger to people. As a whole population, we need to stop the use of texting and driving whether it’s putting laws in place or designing a program that shuts off the use of texting the moment you step foot in the car.... [tags: collision, safety, accidents]
1848 words (5.3 pages)
- She was driving home late one night after a football game, her friends at her side when she got a text message. She thought about not checking it, but couldn’t wait until she got home. She picked up her phone and read the message. It was her boyfriend. “What are you up to?” Everything was fine and she hit reply and started a message back. Twelve characters into the message she was in the other lane and another vehicle was coming, a truck. Her friends screamed and she didn’t have time to swerve.... [tags: Distracted Driving]
1941 words (5.5 pages)
- Texting While Driving While there are many causes of deaths in the United States, a huge epidemic that concerns officials more and more is the amount of deaths occurring because of texting while driving. Texting and driving can kill in split seconds—just the amount of time it takes to send a “quick” text message. The U.S. Government should ban texting while driving in all fifty states. For the reasons being that cell phones cause many distractions, there are numerous amounts of risks while texting behind the wheel and it slows down your reaction time.... [tags: Cognitive Distractors, Reaction Time]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- The term technology is strong as it sounds. When we break it down technology means the study of systematic treatment. Many of modern teenagers think that technology is having a smartphone to text someone and surf the net. If only teenagers realize the power of technology, and just how it will affect their education. This would make a different world. Let’s talk about the next generation, which again are the teenagers. Technology affects them in both habits, good and bad, but they only see the positive side of it.... [tags: Technology, Teenagers, Texting, Smart Phones]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- There is 250 Million American who has a cell phone. Georgia house bill 23 would ban texting and talking drivers who are under 18 years old (Dickensheets N. Pag). Some people think that texting while driving should be unbanned because not everyone would be impaired when performing this task. However I think texting and driving should be banned because it costs too many injuries and death you see on TV and the news that are related to this. Some people thinks that driving and texting is just a simple task like picking up a phone and just press random buttons on it.... [tags: texting bans, driving, texting,]
565 words (1.6 pages)
- Are you sick and tired of having your life endangered by drivers who are too self-important to put their phones down and pay attention to the road. Once presented with the following information, one will be convinced not to use one's cell phone while driving and remember to drive now and talk later. A drive around any town provides enough evidence for most of us that cell phone use is threatening the safety of anyone who navigates on or near our roads. The exanimation of articles from The New England Journal of Medicine, Tom and Ray Magliozzi and Patti Pena are all for getting rid of cell phone use while driving.... [tags: Driving Texting Distracted Driver]
1406 words (4 pages)
- Just imagine driving down the road, seeming as if there are no cares in the world; one second later a child runs out in front of the car, but no one sees him because their eyes are glued to their cell phones. An innocent life has just been lost because a click of a button. Some people do not realize how dangerous texting and driving can really be. Most people consider themselves to be great at multitasking; well, when it comes to texting and driving, no one can really predict what the outcome could be.... [tags: texting, driving, car accident]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- “At his age, you have to ask, Did he accomplish all of this by rejuvenating his strength from day to day with those substances?” baseball great Hank Aaron asked regarding anabolic substance abuser Barry Bonds. Prohormones are a relatively new supplement said to be the “legal” form of steroids. (Aaron) Though some people see huge gains while on using prohormones, they don’t know the true damage prohormones really cause. Athletes and bodybuilders taking prohormones experience terrible side effects, muscular gains that are less than expected, depleted testosterone levels and destroyed endocrine systems.... [tags: steroids, side effects, body, supplement]
1247 words (3.6 pages)
- This paper examines the dangers that arise when cell phones are used at the same time as operating a vehicle. The paper will explore the following question of why this is a problem and why the research is important. The variables investigated are the use of cell phones while driving, whether speaking or texting, and the accidents and fatalities caused from the distraction. Data of the accidents and fatalities caused by drivers distracted by their cells phones is stated to research and further explores the age group and gender of the people involved into the accidents to uncover patterns.... [tags: Driving, texting, legalization]
1795 words (5.1 pages)
- Step onto any college campus and take a look around. You will find clumps of students standing around in circles, phones in hand, typing away. What is it they are doing. Texting. Ever since the first text message was sent in 1993, the use of text messaging as a means of communication has spread like wild fire, especially amongst the adolescent generation. And with this new form of communication a new language has appeared; text-speak, the shortening of common words into abbreviations and acronyms (Drouin 49).... [tags: Texting 2014]
1900 words (5.4 pages)