Volunteering is the free offer to do something; for example my friend, Madison, volunteers her time every day during her open hour to go help one of the elementary school teachers Mrs. Larson. There are a variety of ways to volunteer. Such as, helping an elementary school kid with homework, going to a hospital and occupying children before their appointments, and going to a nursing home and reading to the patients that no longer can. You could even mow someone’s lawn or even walk someone’s dog. There is really no limit to do something for free.
Volunteering can also help you with your social skills. If you’re a shy person donating your time is a good way to get you out of your box. When you’re meeting new people you learn to start up conversation and keep conversations going, and you can even learn...
... middle of paper ...
...ve ever felt. I enjoy what I do, but what makes it even better is the tremendous amount of benefits I can gain for my future. Not to mention the amazing people I can meet along the way.
"Benefits of Volunteerism in College." Benefits Of Volunteerism In College. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Apr. 2014.
"Benefits of Volunteerism in High School." Benefits Of Volunteerism In High School. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Apr. 2014.
"Disadvantages of Volunteer Work." People. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Apr. 2014.
"Redirecting." Redirecting. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Apr. 2014.
"Tip Sheets." ALIS -. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Apr. 2014.
"Volunteering and Its Surprising Benefits." : Helping Yourself While Helping Others. N.p., Sept. 2013. Web. 18 Apr. 2014.
"What Are the Pros and Cons of Volunteer Work?" LIVESTRONG.COM. LIVESTRONG.COM, 16 Aug. 2013. Web. 21 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Why do People feel good about doing good deeds. When you think of good deeds what comes to mind. Do you really think about doing something good. Well, through experience, not many people in the world are nice. Trying to do good, is easier said than done. Why do we continue to do it though. Not everyone needs kindness to make their life happy. Some people just need money, and someone to provide for them, but what is our purpose in life. People constantly change and experience things, but sometimes it just takes one thing to change that all around.... [tags: Good Deeds, People, Service, Good Feelings]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- We should just come together and be equal as one. ”This life don 't last forever, So tell me what we 're waiting for. Better off being together. Being miserable alone.”We should just all come together as one. The role being played is everyone coming back together no matter the color of our skins. Life 's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others. Faith is taking the first step even when you don 't see the whole staircase. Dr. Martin L. King once said.” Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” The current problem is trying to bring blacks and whites together as one again.... [tags: Black people, White people, Debut albums, White]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- Since the motto “Doing Well By Doing Good” appeared, the number of businesses that have adopted it has increased over time. In order to tell whether this increase is substantial and significant we must first analyze the steps into which this motto has gone through. The implications it has on the market and economy as a whole will also be determinants of whether to adopt the motto or not. In the essay below we will go through the evolution of the meaning of the motto, the concept of social responsibility, the supporters’ argument and their cons.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
2498 words (7.1 pages)
- 2. Is the American educational system doing a good job for everyone. If not, who are the groups most impacted by the imbalance both in academic and social education in our schools. Have programs like "school choice" helped or hurt the situation. What could be done better. The American educational system is doing an okay job for everyone but not exactly for the minority groups such as African-American and Latinos. They are the most groups that get the most impact by the imbalance both in academic and social education in our schools.... [tags: Poverty, Education, School, University]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- The novel Good Omens is a satirical rendition of Armageddon in almost all aspects. The story begins with the coming of the Antichrist, brought into the world as a human infant though it is anything but. An angel and a demon, Aziraphale and Crowley respectively, and rather good friends considering their rather checkered past, have teamed up to ensure that The End is, in the very least, late. They take roles in molding the child to see both the sides of good and evil, trying to make it so that the boy will not be able to choose a side wholeheartedly when the time comes.... [tags: armageddon, good, evil, antichrist]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Good v. Evil In today’s world, there are many different opinions and perceptions of what is good and what is evil. The way people think can be different from their neighbor, their parents, their kids, their spouse, etc. The way each individual lives their life is different from the next, their morals, their opinions, and what their opinions are on what is good or evil. This being said, good vs. evil is strictly based off of one’s perspective, according to their religion, political views , and cultural background.... [tags: Religion, God, Good and evil]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- In my opinion, what is considered “good” and what is considered “evil” is almost entirely subjective, though heavily shaped and molded by the society in which an individual lives. The established rules and norms to which every society adheres tend to be cultural and will obviously differ between respective cultures accordingly. One culture’s interpretation of “good” can very well be another culture’s interpretation of “evil” and so on. This is even true between individuals within the confines of the same society or culture—obviously not everyone thinks the same or holds the general rules and norms of their culture in high esteem.... [tags: Human, Morality, Good and evil, Religion]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- In the book Dracula by Bram Stoker, he portrays the good characters as people who would wilfully go out of their way to help people without expecting anything in return. Some examples of this would be Dr. Van Helsing and his friends and people who try to help Lucy get back to normal. An example of why Van Helsing is so good is that when Dr. Seward asked him to come help Lucy when she was sick, he stopped whatever work he was doing and went to help Dr. Van Helsing was a vital part in helping to stop Dracula because he was an expert on Vampires.... [tags: Dracula, Bram Stoker, good, characters,]
631 words (1.8 pages)
- The Flannery O’Connor story “A Good Man is Hard to Find” illustrates a parallel between the Misfit and the grandmother, showing that good and evil are not mutually exclusive in an individual. The grandmother and the Misfit display a flowing, changing state of character, representative of this shift. Flannery O’Connor develops these two characters on the surface as simply being a good person and a bad person. However, there is more to each character than the surface level, as they exhibit traits that wouldn’t ordinarily seem fitting in regards to what would be expected.... [tags: A Good Man is Hard to Find Essays]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- Doing the Blessing · Are you doing what God told you. Are you doing and being what God intended. · Gn.1.27-28 ~ 27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. · We talk about the "blessing" of God, and usually tend to focus more on the goods received, rather than the commission that is transferred with the blessing.... [tags: Papers]
963 words (2.8 pages)