If you have depression, it’s good to know that there are different types. Psychotic and Persistent Depression Disorder are a few types of depression. People with Psychotic Depression often have serious Symptoms such as Hallucinations, Paranoia, and Delusions. Persistent Depression Disorder has some symptoms that are similar as other types of depression. Like, feeling down, being very irritable and angry. Depression is very hard to live with. Everyday routines are different and harder to do. Even getting up is the the hardest thing ever because with depression you just don’t feel like anything matter, even life. Depression can get very bad if it goes untreated. After a while of feeling so hopeless, suicide and addictions will slowly start to become the main things the demons in your head scream; like drugs and cutting. There are ways of getting help, hospitals and going to a therapist everyday can help so much. Even keeping a diary, everyday write down everything inside that is making you sad, or even happy things. When I had depression I turned to addiction, but I started writing more, drawing, and listening to music. Music helps a lot wi...
... middle of paper ...
...just wanted the hell to go away, but they never understood that. Doctors can sometimes be very heartless. But, then again I was too because I wasn’t myself. Depression does that, turns you into a monster. my dad didn’t care, he was the main reason I wanted to just disappear. He never cared and still doesn’t so, I’ve realized that I am nothing to him so that’s it. But now, everything is somewhat okay. I just try to face the fight within one day at a time and it seems to be going okay. Sometimes, I get the urge to cut but I tell myself that I don’t need it. But, sometimes I just want someone to hug me, and tell me that everything is going to be okay. No one does and it gets to me. I’ve learned that no one will be there like I am for myself because no one wants to. I understand though, who would? If you have depression or know anyone else who does, please tell someone.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... They discussed much information as we drove, but many insignificant topics began to cause my dad to become angry and upset, as he was experiencing extreme anxiety and stress due to our financial situation added onto many other issues at the time. All I remember was the yelling as my dad argued over little, insignificant things that were absolutely irrational. This was the moment I truly realised the that drugs, which were supposed to help my dad’s depression, were causing severe issues that at some times seemed to outweigh the benefits.... [tags: serious issue, doctors, drugs, medicine]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Today, the problems of our youth is a very serious issue. If the adolescent problems that exist in this country is not reduced and resolved quickly, it can cause destruction of the order of the nation in the future. Some of the factors that encourage teenagers junior and senior high school age to have sex outside of marriage including the influence of liberalism or social life are free, environmental factors and family factors that support the direction of the behavior and the influence of the mass media.... [tags: Adolescence, Human sexual behavior]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- In education bullying is a serious issue that teachers need to try to stop and prevent. Bullying can lead to many problems in the classroom and with the students. A teacher should make sure all their students are being included and that they are aware that bullying is not allowed. A teacher should make activities and lessons to make sure the students know what bullying is and how to prevent bullying. By using poor family structure, cyberbullying, school shootings, and why bullies do what they do will show the reader what bullying is and how was can stop bullying.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Verbal abuse, Humiliation]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- In todays’ society, bullying is a serious issue. Bullying is an attempt to instill fear and self-loathing. So many people, ranging from children to adults experience bullying on a daily basis. Whether it takes place in school, online or in the workplace the effects could be extreme. Lessening bullying isn’t impossible. There are causes, effects and solutions of lessening bullying. There are a variety of reasons why people bully. “Families that are not warm and loving and in which feelings are not shared are more likely to have children who bully… Another home environment that is prone to producing bullies is one in which discipline and monitoring are inconsistent and/or a disciplinary atmosp... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Verbal abuse, Teasing]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- ... In fact, people who have shallow depression (forms of depression that fall short of the criteria for major depression) outnumber people with deep depression” (Jonathan Rottenberg, Ph.D: Is Minor Depression Minor?) All of these depression disorders are not to be taken as a easy challenge to overcome without some form of help. There are many reasons that may lead a person into a state of depression and some of these issues may not be able to be fixed unless you seek professional help and assistance.... [tags: causes and treatment]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Depression is a psychological disorder that not only gravely affects the state of mind of a person but also the physical body. It is characterised by behavioural changes such as differing intensities of sadness, feelings of hopelessness, low self-worth and loss of interests (“A Definition of Depression”, 2007, para. 1). Depression is a major problem among youths and the number of occurrences has been growing in recent years. Kuabara, Van Voorhees, Gollan and Alexander (2007) support this claim by citing that youths have the “highest incidence and cumulative prevalence of depression” and further reiterate that “the risk of depression in this age group [youths] has increased significantly in t... [tags: Psychological Disorder, Depression, Mind]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Depression Among College Students A young anonymous college freshman tells a story of the depression she faced throughout her first semester of college, through the transition and her roommate issues. Not only did it occur during her first semester, but through her second as well. Unfortunately, the depression overtook her life to the point of her desire to commit suicide. Luckily, she changed her mind in the last second and saved herself (Reachout.com). This young student is not just one of few depressed college students, but she is one of many.... [tags: mental health, depression, student]
2001 words (5.7 pages)
- ... Depressed people often find displeasure in any activity, including interacting with their family and other people around their life. This is shown to have a long lasting effect on individuals’ sense of control with their environment. For this study it is valuable topic to explore because it is important to understand that the effects of divorce among adults are excluded to both individuals but also to the other people who are involved and in a family, the roles of the parents are very important.... [tags: society, violence, problem, commitment]
2676 words (7.6 pages)
- Depression As A Mental Issue Within the spectrum of Mental health issues there has been discussion on what depression is classified as within the Mental health scope; on whether depression is a mental illness, a mental disorder, or simply a state of mind. In my research I have found that the issue of depression is all of these varying on the situation or symptoms of one’s depression. Depression can be both a mental illness, a mental disorder, and simply a state of mind. There are many arguments to be made against this statement.... [tags: Psychology, Medicine, Mental disorder, Brain]
1696 words (4.8 pages)
- Depression is a state of despondency marked by feelings of powerlessness and hopelessness. Depression reflects a sad and/or irritable mood exceeding typical grief or sadness. Furthermore, such sadness of depression is characterized by a greater intensity and duration. People tend to see themselves as failing even if they are not. Depression is one of the most prevalent emotional problems. External experiences often initiate depression. For example, problems of financial nature, a loss of a loved one, a serious illness, difficulties in the relationship, or any other uninvited changes in life can cause a depressive episode.... [tags: Psychology ]
1019 words (2.9 pages)