Cultural Diversity has become a huge issue in the workplace. How has it played a role in our work place some may ask? Cultural Diversity allows a business to draw from the best talent regardless of personal demographics. The increase of Diversity helps a company understand a wide variety of customer segments and the ability to expand not only nationally but internationally as well. The four (4) major pros of having diversifying in your company is innovation, profitability, talent pools, and multiformity. All these will factor in on your company and will help your company internationally. But don’t be mistaking there are also cons of having diversity in your business/company. The four (4) major disadvantages of having diversity is conflicts, bureaucracy, unproductivity, and disunity. People often feel confused when people from different cultures, religion’s, etc. come into their workplace, so there is always the possibility of controversy. Constructive disagreement is very powerful in the workplace which can cause a hostile working atmosphere, which can cause delayed project advancement’s. Everyone is a company will have a different view or outlook in the business and...
... middle of paper ...
...oting respect for others. In our Society nowadays, diversity is playing a major role, and people every day are adapting to it. A lot of people have already adapted to all the change, and have accepted it into their everyday lives. Some people may think it’s a bad thing to have diversity in the workplace but I believe that it’s a positive thing. I think this because we are so use to everything being the same and doing everything the same way, that’s how we’ve been for a long time. But when you bring diversity into the workplace it allows people to learn and do things a different way. And it is bringing more knowledge of international ways into America. Everybody needs a little change in their life and diversity can be that change. All we can do as Americans is just accept the change and try and learn for it, who knows it may benefit you in the long run.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is Cultural Diversity. Cultural Diversity is when different cultures, race, religion, nationally, language, and sexually are represented within the community. People consider communities that include different groups diverse. Diversity makes are country richer some may say, by bringing language skills, new ways of thinking, solution’s to some problems, and negotiating skills, people also say it makes are country stronger and more interesting place to live in. This paper will recognize the Trends in Cultural and Social Diversity in the Work Place.... [tags: Culture, Sociology, Multiculturalism]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Cultural diversity is a unique addition in organizations today; the increase in globalization has brought forth challenges in understanding and training towards proper cultural diversity management. Cultural diversify has brought many benefits in organizations throughout the workforce; this is done by delivering vast opinions and knowledge from a multicultural community of workers. In this paper diversity will be defined, and to further understand the role it plays in our organizations. To understand further, a discussion on the benefits of cultural diversity, policies and regulations, framework of human resource diversity management, and necessary training needed to fully understand and pro... [tags: Management, Human resource management]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- it also facilitated crime and immigration activities (legal and illegal). The term diversity has varied meanings, and “there are a multiplicity of perspectives from which one can approach the notion of diversity because they are all valid yet unique in many respects” (Hanser & Gomila, 2015, p. 2). Hanser and Gomila believed the term diversity is subject to diverse forms of meanings; therefore they prefer to use the term culture diversity. Hanser and Gomila (2015) referred culture diversity to a “concept whereby the history, beliefs, behaviors, language, traditions, and values of racial and/or ethnic groups are what make them distinct” (p.... [tags: Police, Law enforcement agency, Law enforcement]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- DIVERSITY AND CULTURAL COMPETENCE This Cultural Competency Section is designed to outline my practicum agency “BUILD”, policies on Sexual Harassment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action. In order to clearly report these policies the agency’s documents will be used, information from the supervisor will be used, and all other relevant data will be gathered to complete this tasks. Sexual Harassment BUILD’s policy regarding Sexual Harassment is covered in BUILD’s employee handbook under policy 703 (Sexual Harassment and Other Unlawful Harassment) has been effective since 01/1/2009.... [tags: Discrimination, Affirmative action]
1507 words (4.3 pages)
- The term ‘diversity ‘refers to all of the significant differences between people, including perceptions of differences that need to be considered in particular situations and circumstances such as our thinking styles or beliefs and value (managing cultural diversity) .A population is made of several different people and therefore they have their own unique cultures which create huge impact on the society and the workplace of a particular country. Society is becoming more diverse due to increased cross-border mobility, less-rigid gender roles, improved living standards and individualization processes.... [tags: Culture, Canada]
2281 words (6.5 pages)
- Strategies that help managing diversity in the workplace The classic concept, ‘Unity In Diversity’ has been working profoundly for the formation of nations and societies from the time immemorial. But, the power of diversity is not restricted to building social groups; it is equally disruptive in creating powerful teams in the workplace. Cultural diversity in the workplace is always considered beneficial for the organization because it encompasses a bevy of creative ideas, interests, skills, and approaches.... [tags: Culture, The Culture, Cultural diversity]
1315 words (3.8 pages)
- "We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion." -- Max de Pree Workplaces today have become increasingly diverse with employees of different genders, races, cultures, ethnic origins, and lifestyles. Changes in the cultural make-up of organizations have been so vast that it has become imperative for leaders and supervisors to understand cultural diversity and how it can affect their organization.... [tags: Diversity Management, Cultural Diversity]
1891 words (5.4 pages)
- Cultural diversity in the workplace is becoming more and more prevalent. Corporations in all industries are encouraging minorities, women, elderly workers, people with disabilities as well as foreign workers to join white males in the workplace. The following analysis will focus on these groups and how companies are encouraging them to join an ever-expanding workplace. Even if affirmative action is dismantled, diversity of the workforce is clearly here to stay. Business owners and managers, experts say, will still need to maintain or step up efforts to recruit and advance ethnic minorities in the year 2000 and beyond.... [tags: Racial Diversity Workplace Essays]
2909 words (8.3 pages)
- The workforce of America is more diverse than it has ever been. White male upper class men no longer solely dominate companies. Women, people of color, and other minority groups are now rising in the ranks and demanding change. How can one know all the ways to manage such a diverse group of employees. Through a variety of ideas, experiments, and attempts, leaders across the nation are looking for solutions to this answer. Not only are people coming from different ethnicities, we are also experiencing a great influx of workers from nations all across the globe.... [tags: Racial Diversity Workplace Essays]
3447 words (9.8 pages)
- Abstract This paper is aimed at providing a framework for discussion of diversity and how it pairs with demographic characteristics. It is divided into four parts. Part I represents diversity in the workforce, which reflects the rational of organizations and how they handle diversity in the occupations of their workers. Parts II characterize diversity and age, as it responds to the fact that older people have the skill set to keep them working well past retirement age. Part III denotes religion, where as more employers are beginning to recognize the need to allow employees to take time to pray.... [tags: Workplace Diversity Essays]
1417 words (4 pages)