How have computers changed the ways in which we have to keep certain information private?
Computer has really changed the configuration of storing private information whereby cryptography is used in cording the passwords. The major consideration is how relevant information are stored and saved in different formats. The achievement of the technology has enabled people to use the softcopy form of the information storage and developing some codes that are used as protection tool. The process and approach used in the private information storage, the need of having strong codes as private password is essential to prevent from criminal activities and conspiracy (Hussain & Hussain, 2012). Therefore, it is advisable to ensure the natures of the codes used are not accessible by the second person for privacy purpose.
The computer software and hardware has been changed according to the technology advancement and how people are ha...
... middle of paper ...
...n people using internet especially in public places are not vandalized to get into the criminals trap.
In conclusion, coding is essential part in the computer software that helps in protection of private information. The major concerns are directed to the technology development and how people respond to the public network. The username is essential too as the hackers and criminal tend to use them to identify the nature of the information they are after. Therefore, users are supposed to avoid using similar password in all accounts especially those have similar username. Another approach is where companies using similar smartcards and using different set of the numbers as the code to the accounts. The hackers are always interested with knowing the set of numbers identifying the username of the person to get to their private information from their personal accounts.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1.0 Introduction An operating system (OS) is a software program that manages the hardware and software resources of a computer. The operating system is an essential component of the system software in a computer system. The operating system programs make system resources available to user(s), the user’s application programs and to other application programs running on the computer. (From Silberschatz and Gagne et al., 2010) Some operating systems are designed to be convenient, others to be efficient and some combination of the two (From Silberschatz and Gagne et al., 2010).... [tags: Hardware, Software, Computer, Operating Systems]
2389 words (6.8 pages)
- A computer system consists of hardware and software. Hardware is the slang word for the physical components?keyboards, mice, circuit boards, monitors and cables. Hardware needs some maintenance, such as appropriate, safe cleaning, and must be protected from dust and heat. Dust buildup can even cause overheating. Some maintenance, especially moving computers, is best done while the equipment is off. Keep track of your hardware instruction manuals. Use a notebook to keep track of your equipment?serial numbers, dates of purchase, and problem logs.... [tags: Hardware, Software, Data]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- The personal computer underwent drastic changes with the introduction to advanced computing software and hardware. The evolution of computers did not develop on its own; key influential figures such as Steve Jobs and Bill Gates led the revolution of technology. These well-known individuals competed with each other by continually innovating and creating more and more advanced technology. Computer technology moved forward when Intel created 64-bit technology and advanced kernels to compliment the upgrade in processing power.... [tags: Software, Hardware, Bill Gates, Windows]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- E.O. Wilson once said, “You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist. The world needs all you can give.” Often times, failure is perceived as a notion to give up. However, it should be exactly the opposite. For instance, in the face of adversity in publishing her books, J.K. Rowling was rejected 12 times before publishing the now multi-million dollar franchise, Harry Potter.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
1408 words (4 pages)
- Operating Systems A computer is useless without an operating system and without it every program would need the full hardware specification to run correctly and perform tasks. An operating system, also known as OS, is a software on the hard drive that allows the hardware of a computer to communicate and operate with the computer software. The OS is the most important software running on a computer because it handles the memory, processes and all of its software and hardware (Operating Systems).... [tags: Operating system, Graphical user interface]
1233 words (3.5 pages)
- ... Thinking about how you want to live the rest of your life and how much money you want to make to sustain the lifestyle you want to live is also a big thing to consider. Sometimes people can enjoy their job and don’t care even if they didn’t get paid, but others have jobs that pay a lot so that they can live the lifestyle they want to live. Thinking about if you will do anything past that current status the person will have in the field is another thing to think about. If someone applies for a job that they like but feel like they will want more later on, they need to make sure that they have the qualifications to advance in that career or workplace.... [tags: software engineers, chips, design hardware]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- 1. Computer hardware is the physical pieces of a computer. It’s the equipment that makes up the computer. 2. A piece of computer hardware is a mouse. A mouse is a pointer for your screen. Clicking the left button, right button, or scrolling with the wheel performs different actions on your screen/with your software. 3. The CPU is the central processing part of your computer; the processor performs the instructions given from programs. 4. The system unit is the outside case of your computer. It holds the CPU and other circuitry/components that run your computer.... [tags: Computer program, Computer, Computer software]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer Engineering - A Carrer as a Computer Software Engineer Introduction The explosive impact of computers and information technology on our everyday lives has generated a need to design and develop new computer software systems and to incorporate new technologies in a rapidly growing range of applications. The tasks performed by workers known as computer software engineers evolve quickly, reflecting new areas of specialization or changes in technology, as well as the preferences and practices of employers.... [tags: Computer Software Engineering]
2327 words (6.6 pages)
- Reflection: Technology: It is the collection of tools, including machinery, modifications, arrangements and procedures. Examples: information technology, construction engineering and medical engineering Software development life cycle The software development life cycle is also known as software development performance. SDLC is a structure which is compulsory for development of software products. Unified Process It is a popular iterative and incremental software development process framework. The best-known and extensively documented refinement of the Unified Process.... [tags: Computer, Computer program, Computer software]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Hardware and Software Required for a System There are two main types of components required for a system to work. These are: v Hardware – The parts of a computer that you can see and you can handle; the exterior components of the computer. v Software – The actual programs that allow the hardware to do a useful job. Hardware The main components of an ICT system include the following: v Input devices – these enable the data to enter the system. This could be through keyboard, scanner, digital camera, etc.... [tags: Papers]
779 words (2.2 pages)