Over the years, vendors try to improve their software’s functions with new releases and timely updates. Every day is spent on programmers and engineers and other analysts working on ways to fix reported bugs, make it more user friendly and most importantly; catch more malware and new threats. Just like how the computer is rapidly evolving, threats too, are also evolving and with threats growing more security measures need to be taken. Anti-Virus programs have come a long way, before there was no need to worry about stealthy Advanced Persistent ...
... middle of paper ...
...14 differs from Kaspersky Internet Security 2014. 26 June 2013. 28 March 2014.
Labs, Kaspersky. Kaspersky Lab Once Again Named a “Leader” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant. 27 January 2014. 28 March 2014.
MacDonald, Peter Firstbrook | Neil. Malware Is Already Inside Your Organization; Deal With It. 12 February 2014. 29 March 2014.
Neter Firstbrook, John Girard, Neil MacDonald. Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms. 8 January 2014. 28 March 2014.
Rubenking, Neil J. Kaspersky Anti-Virus (2014). August 2013. 28 March 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Antivirus Protection A company’s network is intertwined with every employee’s private computer. Even in instances where the company has instituted security policies. Employees will undoubtedly carry work home or bring disks from home or use thumb drives; additionally, personal email will very often have attachments that could endanger the company network. Lets say for example that the company network is protected by Norton antivirus, but the employees personal computers are not, and they are continually taking work home and swapping storage devices between secure and unsecure devices that may carry viruses that may not be detected and become a threat to the company network.... [tags: Secure Network Virus Protection]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Software is extremely helpful and its utility drives computer use. There are different types of software, front-end software as well as back-end software. There is paid software, free software, and software that is a combination of both. When downloading peer to peer software risks present themselves in one or two ways. The software itself may contain a virus, also the files that are shared over peer to peer software may contain viruses as well. P2P software has no place in the office environment because there are more liabilities than benefits associated with it.... [tags: Peer-to-peer, File sharing, Computer]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- ... External Security While having keyed entry so only employees have access is a good practice and current access to the server room is adequate overall physical security can be enhanced by implementing an access control system that is centrally manageable and provides logging of access attempts. A number of building security solutions are on the market that make use of magnetic key cards and card readers that are controlled by a central management and logging system. This allows the organization to easily control access to the whole or parts of the facility while logging access attempts for security audits.... [tags: internet safety, spyware, viruses]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Computer Security Would you be interested in a career where you could make fifty thousand dollars a year right out of college. Would you like to have an extremely secure job. Would you like to create a company as successful as Microsoft or Facebook. If so, a career in computer security may be the field for you. As a high school student, you might be wondering what it would be like to work in the field of networking or database security, as well as compare them to similar fields. Today I will give you some general information that might encourage you to seek a degree in the field of computer science, with a concentration in computer security.... [tags: Career Research ]
1043 words (3 pages)
- As the internet continues growing day by day, so are the numbers of crimes which are committed either with or against computers. “According to the Norton Cybercrime Report 2011 more than two thirds of online adults (69 percent) have been a victim of cybercrime in their lifetime. Every second 14 adults become a victim of cybercrime, resulting in more than one million cybercrime victims every day” (Symantec). The same way real world crimes occur, cyber world crimes occur in the same fashion. Another shocking statistic from the same report states, “...an annual price of $388 billion globally based on financial losses and time lost, cybercrime costs the world significantly more than the global b... [tags: fighting and investigating cyber crimes]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
- Information technology and computer networking play an important part of our everyday lives. We definitely depend on computers much more than we realize. Even for those of us who may not have a desk job, we use the computer at least a half a dozen times on our way to work. Our alarm, the coffee maker, our vehicle…almost every aspect of our life is influenced by computers. Technical support is utilized more than it should be. Several issues that the ordinary, average user faces can easily be resolved through basic “home remedies” that technical savvy computer professionals use.... [tags: Information Technolgoy]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- As our technology has greatly advanced over the past 50 years, our businesses, people, and its governments have been greatly affected by this new technology. With the vast capabilities of computers, the Internet, storage capability, and the manipulation of data, today's world has been changed forever. Although the benefits greatly outweigh the disadvantages, unless we take a more serious look at this new technology, more people will be hurt, from businesses, families, individuals, and most importantly, our children.... [tags: Internet Crime Essays]
2369 words (6.8 pages)
- Solutions to Computer Viruses Table Of Contents I Intro II Computer Virus Components a.Worms b.Trojan horses c.Logic bombs III Types of Viruses a.Boot sector virus b.File virus c.Macro virus d.Multipartite virus e.Polymorphic virus f.Stealth virus IV How Viruses Work a.Virus introduced to system b.Trojan activated c.Logic bomb activated d.Destructive part of virus activated V Most Common Viruses a.Jerusalem virus b.Cascade virus c.Brain virus d.Italian virus e.New Zealand virus VI Macro Virus a.What are they.... [tags: Computer Viruses Software Technology Essays]
2603 words (7.4 pages)
- Free Antivirus Software Makes Cents This paper will outline some key points of my strategic vision for our network security plan to protect our systems from cyber attack. There are three main areas that are most important for our network to remain secure and operational. First, we must have a sound management policy on how are network will be used and accessed. Our management policy should be understood by all and enforced. Second, we must have a plan for the utilization of antivirus software within our organization and those who access the network remotely.... [tags: Virus Protection Security ]
1406 words (4 pages)
- Definition of virus "Computer viruses" is the term that defines the class of programs which illegally explore resources of systems. It is an executable code able to reproduce itself. Viruses are an area of pure programming, and, unlike other computer programs, carry intellectual functions on protection from being found and destroyed. They have to fight for survival in complex conditions of conflicting computer systems. Computer viruses have pervaded popular culture at least as successfully as they have the world's computer population.... [tags: Computer Virus]
1924 words (5.5 pages)