Yvette Dookrhan filed a complaint on May 4, 2015, against Attorney Denis P. Fleming when he allegedly failed to file her “immigration paper”, and subsequently did not provide a full refund upon Dookrhan’s request. Fleming has allegedly violated Mass.R.Prof.C. 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4(a) &(b), 1.16(d) and (e).
Yvette Dookrhan met Fleming at an immigration clinic in South Boston, and subsequently retained Fleming to assist in filing immigration paperwork with the United States Immigration and Citizenship Service (USCIS). On February 7, 2014, Dookrhan provided a check for a $2,500 retainer fee to Fleming. Dookrhan asserts that she initially provided all of the necessary information for the immigration papers except for a physical and passport picture. She made several attempts to get in touch with Fleming, about filing the paperwork, but was unable to reach him as his voicemail box was full. In an attempt to reach him, Dookrhan even reached out to the person who ran the South Boston Immigration clinic where they had met.
Dookrhan explains that once she had her physical results and passport photo she attempted to meet with Fleming, however when she arrived he informed her that “someone broke in stole his computer, another time having personal issue excuses after excuse.” Eventually, Dookrhan decided that she wanted her money back, as she felt that Fleming was not appropriately handling her case. When she made the request for ther retainer to be returned, she claims that Fleming told her his accounts were closed. He allegedly told Dookrhan that he would write her a personal check for $1,000.00, and mail the rest.
On May 14, 2015, I spoke with Dookrhan in order to obtain more information about her complaint as the sta...
... middle of paper ...
RESPONDENT’S HISTORY WITH OFFICE OF BAR COUNSEL
Fleming currently has six pending complaints including this case, and ten disposed cases. The disposed cases consist of one dismissed case, four closed without opening a formal complaint, and five public reprimands. The five public reprimands were addressed in Public Reprimand No. 2013-5. On April 17, 2013, the board issued the public reprimand which states that Fleming violated Mass.R.Prof.C. 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4(a) & (b), and 8.4(c), when representing three immigration clients.
Additionally, Fleming has 14 ACAP calls since 2004, which includes a call from this complainant. The ACAP calls consist mainly of complaints of lack of diligence in immigration matters, but there are various other complaints that include failure to return a file to former clients and failure to do work on a case after accepting a fee.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nyesha along with other began to call KFC # 800 complain Hot line at least once a month and complaint against Abu including Racial Harassment, Discrimination, favoritism and how Abu running the store. Those complains investigated by either HR Manager or Bin Mahtab or both of them. In every occasion those complains were found false and acted with Malice. Besides those #800 complains Bin Mahtab used to receive complains. In response to complaints Bin Mahtab either come to the store or call me he received a complaint against me which always ended up yelling at me.... [tags: Pleading, Complaint, Plaintiff, Defendant]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- On September 12, 2014, Denise Rockett filed a complaint against Eugene Nigro, Esq. Nigro was reportedly negligent when handling legal matters in her late husband’s estate. Specifically, the complainant alleges that Denise, as Executrix of her late husband’s estate, was intentionally excluded from major decisions, not properly compensated, and deprived of control over their properties. Nigro allegedly breached his fiduciary obligation and violated Mass.R.Prof.C. 1.4(b), 1.7(b), and 8.4(c). FACTS On November 26, 2009, Denise Rockett’s husband, J.... [tags: Pleading, Cause of action, Fiduciary, Allegation]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- If I were a defense attorney defending a man against a charge of burglary but he does not remember if he had done anything because he was drunk that night and on the stand when I ask him about that night when the burglary had been committed and he responds he was home watching television that night I would let him finish his story and take him off the stand. As a defense attorney I don’t believe I am participating in perjury because although I know my client has inconsistent stories I am unaware if he is lying.... [tags: Jury, Judge, Attorney at law, Lawyer]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- COMPLAINT Kenneth Dascoli filed a complaint against Arthur Kelly, Esq., on August 10, 2015. Dascoli alleges that Kelly deprived him of a fair trial in a criminal matter, essentially due to lack of preparation. The lack of preparation consisted of failing to visit the complainant while he was being held in jail, failing to interview witnesses, and failing to prepare for trial. Kelly has allegedly violated Mass.R.Prof.C. 1., 1.3, and 8.4(d). FACTS On December 7, 2009, Kenneth Dascoli was at the home of his ex-wife with his current girlfirend, his ex-wife’s friend, and Dascoli’s half-brother.... [tags: Appeal, Jury, Court, Trial]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- This case is based on Mrs. Jennifer Sharkey, who sued J.P. Morgan & Co. (JCMC), Mr. Kenny, Mr. Green, and Mrs. Lassiter, alleging breach of contract and violations of the SOX anti-retaliation statute. The facts started when Mrs. Sharkey was assigned to a Suspect Client 's account where members of JPMC expressed to her their concern regarding to this account because they suspected that the Suspect Client was involved in illegal activities. After Mrs. Sharkey’s investigation, she claimed that she informed her conclusions to superiors Mr.... [tags: Pleading, Complaint, Plaintiff, Defendant]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- I wish to file a complaint against W. John Camp for his actions and behavior in regards to the ongoing custody proceeding regarding my daughters. The situation and Mr. Camp’s pattern of unethical behavior has been developed over a number of years, but I have failed to complain on the advice that it might further jeopardize in the eyes of the court. At this point his tactics have been so effective I have no apparent rights or privileges with the court and therefore have very little to lose. The summary of complaint focuses on three main areas: 1) I believe Mr.... [tags: Court, Lawyer, Procedural law, Child custody]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- The decision to pick a good attorney is often a complicated process considering regular circumstances, however deciding on a lawyer becomes even more troublesome once you or perhaps a loved one is injured, harmed or hurt. Accident lawyers are the best types of lawyers to turn to in case something like that happens, they can get excited about this kind of distinct work as their cases. Most of the time injury attorneys tend to be regarded by open public for being ambulance chasers, although other accident lawyers are usually regarded as saviors in the occasion involving need or negotiation.... [tags: Lawyer, Barrister, Law, Attorney at law]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Complaint In order for John to file a discrimination complaint against his employer, he is required to file a charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Complaint counselor or representative of the company. Once the charge has been filed, an investigation is made, or the charge maybe selected to an EEOC program and maybe dismissed. In this case, John is given a certain number of days to file a lawsuit on his behalf. This process would have to go through several lengthy stages such as the EEOC administrative process.... [tags: Discrimination Complaint Discriminatory Hiring]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- On 04/01/2016 St. 49 received a complaint on the telephone at 1200hrs. The caller was a female and she stated that her name was Gladys Kravitz. The caller stated that a 911 call was placed this morning (04/01/2016) at 1000hrs for her husband 75-year-old, Abner Kravitz, was having chest pains. The location of the call was their residence at 1164 Morning Glory Circle. Mrs. Kravitz complained to me, during our conversation, that “the arrogant ambulance drivers” completely ignored her requests and demands that her husband be transported to the V.A.... [tags: Patient, Medicine, Gladys Kravitz, Complaint]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- After the viral trend of police brutality, state and defense attorney gathered to determine if a Phoenix Police officer is the victim or villain during oral arguments on Friday, Sept. 25, at the Maricopa County Superior Court. The room seemed oppressive awaiting the entrance of Judge Hugh E. Hegyi, while the attorneys huddled in hushed whispers with their second chair advisors. The case is one that is all too familiar thanks to the growing trend within social media platforms. Allegations of police using excessive force, raising concerns about law enforcement’s credibility.... [tags: Police, Police brutality, Police officer]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- How I Have Developed My Persona
- Strengths And Weaknesses Of A Career Long Endeavor
- Gilgamesh : The Epic Of Gilgamesh
- The Death Of Toni Jo Henry
- Analysis Of The Movie ' Heroin ' And Swansea Love Story ' By Andy Capper And Leo Leigh
- The Factors That Are Affecting South Africa 's Efforts Combating Hiv / Aids?