We also met with our guided reading groups each day while our other students work independently in reading stations. This allowed us to focus on specific skills that our students need extr...
... middle of paper ...
... I also speak Spanish, which allows me to communicate with our Spanish speaking families and translate for other teachers when necessary. I also have my special education certification and I am able to support students who have special needs by differentiating my instruction and coming up with innovative and creative ways to teach in the classroom.
One of my biggest accomplishments so far this school year, was helping my large population of ELL students become independent readers. When we assessed our students in January, many of my students were unable to read a Level A book. Now, 90% of my students are reading at a level C or above. We meet with out guided reading groups everyday and spend time introducing new vocabulary to our students with images. We also sent home a reading log with Reading A-Z books so that our students can practice reading at home.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bad math in court is something that happens over and over again and because of it, many innocent victims have been jailed and punished unjustly over the years. The problem is not some sort of miscalculation, but the refusal of the court to recalculate. More than often enough, the judge refuses to reexamine the collected DNA in an investigation case. What the people of the court fail to realize at times is that probability is not a one off thing, it is something that should be repeated at least more than once and can even be repeated over and over again.... [tags: court, judges, jail, mathematical fallacy]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- ... I felt like it will be culturally shocking because I did not know anybody. I also felt like it will be overwhelming because all the students that will be there jumping around, screaming, etc. Also in my mind, I was thinking of how the schooling will be different from traditional settings. Since they are from a different part of the country, I felt like they would not know English very well or efficiently. I felt super excited as the day got closer to my volunteering dates. On the way there, it felt like I had butterflies in my stomach.... [tags: Education, Learning, Charlotte, North Carolina]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Article Critique The objective of this article critique is to review and evaluate several empirical studies which have examined mathematics perception cross-culturally. The main study that focuses on examining mathematics perception cross-culturally is a study that was done in 2004 by Dr. Yea-Ling Tsao. In this study, researchers proved that Taiwanese students consistently score higher in cross-national studies of achievement than American students. Several other studies were done that also support this theory.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
2328 words (6.7 pages)
- Sometimes drastic moves lead us all to a realization that we are better off in the open where better opportunities are hiding. [Jeremy is a young man coming across opportunities as he moved to California from Arizona. These past two years have rewarded him with a job and a college. While he lived in Arizona, the opportunities never exposed, it was until he moved to California. He has been determined and hardworking since.] Inside my very first class in college, I was a little concerned when my professor mentioned that the next class we would be interviewing a fellow classmate.... [tags: High school, Academic term, College]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- Picture yourself in a barren wasteland. A heavy fog covers the cold earth as it creeps along. The temperature starts to drop, you watch your breath as it floats and disappears into the graying sky. A soft wind sends a shiver crawling up your spine as goosebumbs dot the surface of your skin. When all of a sudden a harsh whisper sounds from your left, you snap your head to the direction, but nothing is there. Another whisper from the right, again your head snaps in the direction and you are met with nothing but the dense fog.... [tags: inspirational writing]
1043 words (3 pages)
- My Education When speaking of the topic of who a person is and their past, a massive part of this includes their educational background. Isn’t this what forms people, their education. Of course, this doesn’t always have to refer to their organized education. Everything that a person learns is something that educates them; these words being synonymous. Even something like first learning to tie your shoes is a part of your education. Which method works better for you: loop, swoop, and pull, or bunny ears.... [tags: School Education Background Essays]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- Coming from a Multimedia background, I am incredibly passionate about filming and editing. From an early age, I always loved playing around with cameras, filming as well as editing just anything that I enjoyed watching on TV, or even something filmed by myself. Being so passionate about film and editing have led me to doing my Bachelor of Creative Arts Honours. My goal for this year is to come up with 2 horror short films where I can showcase my skills in both filming and editing, as well as my creative thinking.... [tags: Film, Horror film, Cinema of India, Multimedia]
1042 words (3 pages)
- ... By the time I was in first grade I was reading five levels above my peers. We had weekly meetings with our teachers who would evaluate our reading skills. I enjoyed reading but I would be stopped in the middle of the passage and asked numerous amounts of questions. My answers were always extremely detailed showing how much I understood and comprehended about the reading selection; but I never understood why I was being asked so many questions and my other peers were not. From reading numerous books from different genres I began to imagine different scenarios, plots, characters, and story lines.... [tags: English language, Writing, Caribbean]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- Introduction to prepare for advanced math solutions: Mathematics is mainly considered as the main branches of science. Normally all the mathematical operations like addition, division, multiplication as well as subtraction are easy to do in case of simple problems. Prepare for advanced math problems solution is simple and easy. In this session, we will see how we have to prepare for advanced math solution. Prepare for advanced math solutions: Example problem 1- Prepare for advanced math solutions Calculate the equation of the line using the points (5, - 5) and (4, 1) that passes through the line.... [tags: Math]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- The Second Coming In his poem "The Second Coming," Yeats predicts cataclysmic changes about to be wrought upon human kind. He states, "Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world," (1511). This statement is in line with Modernistic thought of this time period. Modernistic writers felt that traditional teachings left something to be desired, and that it was time for change. There was a huge upheaval in religious beliefs and current religious convictions were being challenged with new scientific knowledge.... [tags: Second Coming]
365 words (1 pages)