When comparing costs, public high school is basically free to students compared to college costs. College is a lot more expensive than high school. In college, you need to pay for tuition, room and board, food, laundry and supplies. Tuition can really be a pain if you have to pay for it all by yourself. Here at Eastern, we are lucky enough to be going to an affordable school, especially if you’re an in-state student. However, it still costs money, and a lot of students need to take out loans to pay for college. At Eastern tuition is $8,550.00 and room and board is $9,176.00, which are a burden to some students. Adding textbook rentals and other fees brings the cost of attendance to over $20,000.00 a year. Even though kids are getting a quality education and a four-year degree, paying off student loans can take a long time. In addition to the tuition and room and board, another challenge in attending college is not only being responsible for your own laundry, but actually paying for it too....
... middle of paper ...
...because there won’t be any kids to cut due to low involvement in the sport. Coaches don’t get as mad because the need to win isn’t the same as with college athletics. There aren’t any strength or conditioning coaches for the teams to use. It is usually the head coach who runs the conditioning for the team, which can be a problem if they aren’t certified. Sometimes they don’t have the knowledge or reasoning behind each drill. They just do it the same way because they have always done it that way.
College and high school are very different from each other. College is more expensive, the undergrad workload has increased compared to the last four years, and being involved in college athletics also adds a new dimension to my schedule. But this shouldn’t scare potential college students because it can be the best time of their lives and it can prepare them for the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Comparing college to high school is like comparing a fish to a bird. They are both animals, but both have great differences. Some people say that college is supposed to be the best time of your life, while others say that high school was. I believe that it just depends on what you did during both. For some, the freedom of college was the greatest thing, and for others the freedom was awful because they were so used to their parents being right by them when they needed something. The differences of college and high school are almost as broad as the similarities between these two great times in a person’s life.... [tags: High school, College, School, Secondary education]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Paper 1 Rough 2 Many people may think college classrooms and high school classrooms are the same because they have the primary structures of a classroom, and both of them are considered to be a learning environment, the truth is they do not contain as much similarities as people may think such as appearance, classroom sizes and the age difference. People have a conception that all classrooms should look the same, although in college the situation changes. Have you ever had the opportunity to look at both classrooms.... [tags: High school, Rooms, Classroom, College]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- The Pathway to Saving Animals “Earth was created for all life, not just human life” (Williams). This world was not just created for human lives but for animals as well to share and enjoy the beauty of it with us. Animals are a man’s best friend and are the only ones who will love you unconditionally regardless of how you treat them. As important as our lives count on this planet, as valuable each and every animals lives are. Animals need the same kind of treatment human lives require. As one who needs a doctor to heal from sickness, animals are in need of Veterinary Assistants who care, value, assist, contribute, and heal ones four-legged companion.... [tags: Employment, High school, The Animals, Salary]
1637 words (4.7 pages)
- Sitting in the passenger seat of my families’ minivan I nervously wait to pull into the school parking lot. As we turn the corner my legs begin to shake and my palms are getting clammy, this is my first day of high school. All I could do was think about the dramatic change in class size, I am coming from a school where there are only about three hundred kids in the entire school to a school where there are about three thousand kids in the entire school. This would not be as scary of experience except for the fact that the majority of the kids from my middle school went to the high school on the other side of town.... [tags: High school, High School Musical, College]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- My interview was done with a High School Science teacher named Christina Baxter. Christina works in Redmond Oregon at Redmond Proficiency Academy. I chose to do my interview with her because she was one of my teachers while attending RPA and always made teaching seem fun and worth doing. Mrs. Baxter was also one of my reasons for going to college. She always encouraged me through the hard days of high school when all I wanted to do was quit and always reminded me that I could finish, that I could make it to college.... [tags: High school, Education, Academic degree, College]
1058 words (3 pages)
- As soon as I was old enough to understand that my mother and father did not love each other anymore I knew I had to be stronger than most children my age. I spent most of my childhood in an unhappy home with constant tension and bickering between my mother and father. Additionally, it seemed as if my life was controlled by the outcomes of my parents’ struggles. As time went on, tensions built year by year until the last straw broke the camel’s back. I was ten years old when my parents were divorced.... [tags: High school, Mother, Grade, Father]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction I have had the dream of owning my own business for quite a long time now. Since I was 16 years old I have wanted to create a company that is all my own so I can run it the way I would like to and have a brand that people enjoy using. All throughout high school I have tried to pick courses that will only benefit me and creating my own business. My senior year in high school approached me with a lot of tough questions to answer like “where do I want to go to school, what should I major in, and should I take a year off from school”.... [tags: Police, Police officer, Constable, High school]
1385 words (4 pages)
- In elementary school while my peers were playing dress up and feeding tea to their imaginary friends and stuffed animals, my self play entailed lining up all my animals in neatly constructed rows so that they would be ready for my class. It was time for Ms. Bibi’s class and dare you be late Mr. Rhino In high school I was a self-declared teachers assistant and graded many tests and took many attendance reports. This behavior followed me through college where I set up supplemental classes in the library to help re-explain concepts taught during the days lecture.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- In Caroline Bird’s “College is A Waste of Time and Money”, it’s argued that there are many college students who would be better off if they were to begin working after high school graduation. Colleges and universities can no longer ensure that one will go on to get a better job, getting paid more than they would have without a higher education. However, high school seniors still stress about where they will be attending college, how they’re going to pay for it and what they’re going to study for the next four years.... [tags: High school, College, Higher education]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- I first joined my high school’s tennis team when I was a freshman. Although I had little knowledge of the sport due to the district’s lack of a tennis program at the junior high I attended, I still wanted to experience something new. However once tryouts came around, I was one of the unfortunate ones to be cut for no logical reason. The news devastated me and made me feel that I wasn’t good enough to do anything. On the other hand, my friends made the team and encouraged me to try again the following year because they knew I could improve and be great.... [tags: High school, Better, Sophomore, Sophomore's dream]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Children 's Fascination With Speech Generated Through Motherese
- Americ The Principle That Every American Citizen
- The Proponents And The Opponents Of The Disease Model Of Addiction
- The Sweet Spot : Deep Practice
- The Primary Social Unit Of The Kanina Was Nuclear Or Extended Family
- Relationship Between Alex And Rio