In recent decades, the cell phone has been an invention used by the world. Nowadays it is very unlikely if an individual doesn’t own a cell phone. In today’s society the demand for cell phones on the market is at an all-time high. However, having a cellphone hurts you more than it helps you. The invention of the cell phone is the world’s greatest invention that significantly impacted us in a negative way. Cell phones ultimately cause cell phone addiction, cyber bullying, and texting and driving which are dangerous to everyone around us.
Although cell phones are a great invention, humans don 't realize how distracting they are, especially teenagers. Teens are constantly up at night looking at their phones texting and going on social media. The use of cell phones in today’s society has caused many people around the world to have an addiction. Being on your cell phone can be very satisfying and may cause a bad habit on your life style. This, causing lack of sleep makes it hard for kids to pay attention in school or whatever activity they are doing the following morning. For a healthy life style, teenagers between the ages of 14-17 need at least 8-10 hours of sleep, but with them being on a cell phone at night lowers the amount of sleep they get. Even though teenagers can keep in touch with one another without actually going face to face, it is a major problem that they are so distracted they won 't even sleep at night. Even though you are on social media apps like Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat, the greater the extent of you being on your phone takes away the time you have with your social life. Studies show that as you are on your phone all the time, you do not realize but you begin to isolate from everyone else.
... middle of paper ...
...dia. But this is still an issue and it was in the past. And many users of the social media used their smartphones to access websites. Cyber Bullying is a tremendous negative impact on why the invention of the cell phone was a critical invention.
Even the cell phones have grown to be one of the most magnificent inventions of all time, they affect the minds of people in so many serious ways. Cell phone use while driving while driving causes about 1.6 million accidents a year. The invention of cell phones has caused many people out there, mostly teens to be addicted to them which takes away a lot of their sleep time. Teen suicides are mostly by cyber bullying and if it wasn’t for the invention of the cell phone there would not be any cyber bullying in the first place. The invention of the cell phone is the worlds’ greatest invention that affected us in a negative way.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... We have phone addicts who have to have their phone intheir hand. I am not only talking about teenagers there are grown adults who are cell phone obsessed. They spend thousands of dollars to have the greatest and the latest. Cell phones do have their pluses though. Before cell phones we couldn't find the weather for the week or who's posted on our Facebook from a train or grocery store. Now everywhere we go all in one device we can have a camera, social media sites, internet, phone and weather channel.... [tags: inventions that changed the world]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Technology has changed the world drastically through the use of cell phones and computers. They have completely revolutionized today’s society. Life is more convenient now than when technology was less advanced. The improvement in health, research, communication, transportation, education and human personalities have greatly influenced life. Almost every American has a cell phone or computer that gives them access to text, call, take photographs or videos, download music, use internet and several other features that make living easier.... [tags: Impact of Technology on World]
3201 words (9.1 pages)
- For thousands of years people have been inventing and making advancements in every aspect of our lives. It is also crucial to these innovators that they be rewarded and recognized for their ideas, and that they cannot be copied by a third party. To ensure this, the patent was introduced into the world and now protects millions of inventions and processes from fraud. The importance of a patent to an engineer’s lifestyle is enormous, as many would not be able to make a living if it were not for the documentations and systems that are in place today.... [tags: Patent, Invention, Innovation, Patentability]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- As great as the invention of instant communication and cell phones can be at making your life easier, it can also become our worst nightmare all wrapped together in a pocket size portable device. Cellphones and communication devices have become our life line to the world. People use these devices for so much more than communication. You can now pay your bills, start your car and set your home alarm from the touch of a button, but where these devices bring a sense of control and safety to your life it can also open a world of evil and all at your fingertips.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- The invention of the bifocals was one of the most important inventions of the 1700s. They have changed the lives of both children and adults that have issues with their eyesight. They rid people of eyestrain and headaches. Also, bifocals rid people of the inconvenience caused by having to shift from one pair of glasses to the other. Bifocals also allowed for more types of glasses to be developed. As Benjamin Franklin grew older, his vision worsened. He became both far-sighted and near-sighted and the constant switching of his glasses frustrated him so much that he decided to solve this problem.... [tags: benjamin franklin, invention, eyesight]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Cell Phone Technology The cell phone, in today’s world most people own one. Cell phones are extremely convenient. They (cell phones) allow us to communicate in multiple ways. You can text, email, call, video chat, use social media apps to stay in contact with anyone anywhere. Technology has made its way into every facet of our lives and helps to make life easier and more functional. For the most part, cellular technology has almost become an unconscious thing for us, something most of us take for granted.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Internet, Motorola]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- Cell Phones: Evolution Or Revolution. Since the beginning of the industrial revolution, the world has become a smaller and faster place. The time used to travel to far distances has decreased. The growth of new technologies, traveling and communicating has become simple daily tasks for many people. Through the growth of global communication, people have become closer to others across the globe, and business has gone world wide. One invention that came along with the technological revolution is the Cell Phone.... [tags: communication technology]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- It was a summer day in 1981, and 2.1 million cable-subscribing American households were tuning into Music Television (MTV) for the first time ever. As the first music video – the Buggles’ “Video Killed the Radio Star” – played on the innovative 24-hour music channel, the irony of the lyrics went unappreciated by the teens and young adults of Generation X who sat mesmerized by it, not realizing that culture was about to change forever. This was the launch of a new style of entertainment; one where directors were challenged to tell an entire story corresponding to music in less than four minutes of footage.... [tags: mtv, music video, phones]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Cell Phones have been around for many years. Professor Albert Jahnke created the first cell phone and his invention didn’t take effect until the Second World War. Cell Phones were first used for the sole purpose of the military. Years later, after AT&T offered Mobile Service, engineers from Bells Lab to enhance the signals so more users can get signal on where ever they are. I believe that cell phones are one of the best inventions that men kind has ever created. Cell Phones has help everyone nationwide to communicate with each other, it help get jobs done fast, and also help parents stay connected with their children’s school.... [tags: Mobile phone, Push-button telephone]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- The Cell Phone Invention We have all seen and used cell phones. However we have probably taken the technology for granted. The cellular telephone has evolved and improved a lot over the years. Before we get into the history let us first get the definition for 'cellular'. It's called cellular because the system uses many base stations to divide a service area into multiple 'cells' (1). Each base station consists of a tower and at the base is the equipment to send and receive signals. Now that it cleared up we will look back into the history.... [tags: Expository Essays Research Papers]
847 words (2.4 pages)