If students were allowed to use cell phones during school hours, then they might as well be told that they don’t have to pay attention during class. There are so many things that can be done with cell phones that honestly, are much more interesting than what the teacher may be lecturing about, or the assignment that was given. Students can use their cell phones to play a game, and they will be completely lost from what is being talked about in class. Music is also something that is provided with a cell phone, and students could just put their earphones in and not worry about what is going on in class. Texting is made possible with...
... middle of paper ...
...f things is called Cha-Cha, 242-242, which is something that you can text any question to, and a person will text the answer back to you. All a student would have to do is text that number and they can get the answer for any question. Therefore, cell phone use makes it much easier for teenagers to not learn during school.
In conclusion, taking in the idea to ban cell phone use during school hours is very appropriate. It is a very well worth policy to support and can help avoid many ‘disasters waiting to happen.’ Cell phones could most definitely be used during other school events, such as dances, football games, or field trips. Banning cell phone use during school hours will help lower the ability to ‘goof off’ during class, bully, and cheat. In final consideration, the banning of cell phones during school hours has my full support, and that of many others.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In my opinion students should not be allowed to use or have any type of electronic communication device during school hours. Technical devices that students have now are not being used properly or to the function that they were intended for. Many of the students in America that are in high school and middle school have or use a type of electronic device that is used and intended for communication. Adults and educators believe that students and teenagers are not using these devices for the use in which they are meant to be used.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- Cell Phones Should Not be Banned From School Today’s cell phone is the front line technology at our fingertips. Keeping this in mind the use of cell phones have become an affair when it comes to allowing teens to use them in educational environments, such as schools. One part of society supports the use of cell phones while the other part of society disapproves the use of cell phones. I personally believe that cell phones should not only be allowed in school, but cell phones should be mandatory just like a textbook.... [tags: digital etiquette, technology]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- Another reason why cell phones should be banned from school is that, using them during class not only hurts you, but the students around too. When a student uses their cell phone during class, the student sitting next to him/her is most likely to lose their focus because of the noise their cell phone makes. According to the research done by Lammer Chad, almost one-third of students in class found cell phones used by their classmate to be distracting. It is difficult to learn in a room that is full of distraction because the vibration of the phone or any sound in the background attracts the other person.... [tags: Mobile phone, Education, Distraction]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Cell phones are in no doubt a good way to calculate, research, and also cheat. Many students are in a debate with their teachers and school board about whether or not their phone should be banned from their classroom or if they should be allowed to use it during school hours. Cell phones should not be banned in the classroom, but teachers should put some guidelines on when students should use them and not use them, like prohibiting the use of cellphones during tests and lectures but allowed during independent work times.... [tags: Mobile phone, Education, Cellular network, School]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- Have you ever been out in public, and thought about the multitude of people using cell phones around you. Have you ever thought about how inappropriate it is to use them in certain circumstances. The use of cell phones has been banned in countless restaurants and there are restrictions regarding them in many work places. In the same way, cell phones are being banned in many schools. The principal of my high school has banned the use of cell phone during school hours. I believe he has good reason to do so.... [tags: cell phones, schools,]
658 words (1.9 pages)
- Recently, the principal of my school has banned the use of cell phones during school hours. I agree with this policy because students could use their cell phones to cheat on tests, quizzes, or any other independent work. Another reason that I agree with this policy is, the students won’t be paying attention to the teacher if they are texting somebody else. The final reason is, cell phones are a distraction to other students who are trying to learn. Cells phones can be a huge problem later in life if the students don’t learn when to use them and when not to use them.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- Should students be permitted to use cell phones during school. The principle at Wesley High School thinks not. The principle believes that it is very distracting to the students and their grades could fall, tests scores could be at an all time low. He also believes that cell phones should be used before school hours and after school hours, but during school is very unacceptable. Plus, students have been caught cheating and are still cheating with their cell phones. Most of the students are with the principle’s policy, but to make it official the student council is having a vote.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones in Schools]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Cells Phones Should Be Allowed In Schools Many have debated if cell phones should be allowed in school. Elementary through middle school should not be allowed to have cell phones at their access at all time because they are children who need to focus solely on school. Cells for them would be a distraction. As for high school students, they have different needs for a phone. One of the reason is because of emergencies. Second reason is cell phones teach students responsibility. Thirdly, cell phones avoids the double standard of administration having, while student are forbidden.... [tags: Mobile phone, High school, Education, Teacher]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Cell phones shouldn’t be allowed in school I agree with the principal on the issue of cell phones being banned from school during school hours. I agree because during school one should be there to learn not to text or talk with their friends. Cell phones are distracting, disrespectful, and distracting in the school environment. Cell phones are distracting because they ring, beep, vibrate, or play a song, which will cause you to move or laugh. On the other hand, if it is your phone then you are distracting yourself as well the people around you.... [tags: cell phones, schools,]
557 words (1.6 pages)
- Cell phones are quickly becoming a child and teenager’s new best friend. In fact, they even seem to be replacing human contact, and are now how both children and teenagers communicate with each other. Cell phone sales have sky rocketed at an alarming rate, and many of the consumers are under the age of 18, meaning they are still in elementary and high school. Society has influenced students to feel that they need to own a cell phone to be “cool”, thus making the issue of cell phones in the classroom society context vs.... [tags: Cell Phones]
1416 words (4 pages)