The current policy allows cell phones to be used in the classroom at the teacher 's discretion. It is difficult to understand why a teacher would ever allow students to use cell phones in the classroom, especially since not all students have a cell phon...
... middle of paper ...
...e doing more than listening to music, and their productivity is down. What teenager would not access social media and send text messages in class if they could get away with it?
If the goal of parents and educators is to raise dependable hard working adults, something must be done to adjust this permitted behavior now. The teachers that are allowing this to happen, are adding to the issue. The creation of a legion of dumbed down students has already begun, who rely on electronic devices for just about everything, and feel panicked when they do not have access to them. It is about time that students start to use their own creative thinking again, or the pain from this will be felt for many generations to come. With an amendment to the current cell phone policy, the school administration will have done their part in helping the students succeed in school, and in life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In these days of society cell phones are becoming popular and with its popularity are the negative and positive effects. Cell phone is a minute device that transmits and takes voice calls and often other messages through wireless receiver signals (“Cellular Telephone”). This small telephone device has transformed into a device with many capabilities. It now a can take pictures, produce entertainment, “surf the web”, and etc. These features may seem extremely magnificent but the grass is not green on the other side, because of these things many have individuals have been more distracted and isolated.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Sharp Corporation]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- Cell phones 30 years ago, compared to today’s model do not have much in common other than the ability to communicate. Through the years, the design has changed from brick to sleek. Additionally, cell phones can be used for more than just communicating. Yet, when they were first introduced, the audience was not aimed at the general population. Advanced technology has changed how people view the purpose of the phones, the economic and environmental impact in manufacturing them, and how phones are sold.... [tags: Mobile phone, Rotary dial, GSM, Cellular network]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- The society we live in now has changed people’s way of communicating. It has been an impact to everyone in the world because cellular phones have been a big thing for so many years now. It has not just changed people but it has changed the way people act towards one another. Smartphones can be for a good cause but also it can be a bad habit. It has changed people in many different ways in our society. People do not realize the affects it has made among each other. Cell phones are a really big distraction to population we live in.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
2036 words (5.8 pages)
- Annoying is the blasting sounds of music or the loud conversations people have when they are on their cell phones. It seems as though most of us cannot function without them, since we use them in our everyday routine with friends, family, social media and business. Cell phones have become a growing trend amongst young school children and adolescents, so it is no surprise that they want the freedom to use them in public schools. However, cell phones have no place in the classroom. The usage of cell phones would only create distractions, interfere with the privacy of others, and are unnecessary due to the fact that schools are fully equipped with adequate learning devices.... [tags: Mobile phone, Education, Library, Cellular network]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- The current times are filled with science fiction style technology, from Google Glass to cars that can drive and park themselves. Many people are intrigued enough to buy into the latest updated technological wonders. Cell phones are no exception, they have evolved from an emergency based communication to mini handheld computers, and the most convenient way of connecting with each other. It has become simple to text, e-mail, and yes, to even call someone at any time and from anywhere in the world.... [tags: High school, Mobile phone, Education, Teacher]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Whether in the mall, driving down the road, or just standing on the front lawn there is a great possibility that a cell phone will be seen. Most people have them either in the pocket, on the hip, or attached to the ear. When cell phones were not as prevalent, society was very different. Cell phones are cheaper than ever, smaller than when they first surfaced, and have become very advanced technologically. Cell phones have a great effect on American society today. Walking in the mall, especially this time of year, can be an inconvenience to not be able to get a hold of someone when needing to buy gifts.... [tags: Cell Phones]
469 words (1.3 pages)
- Cell phones are quickly becoming a child and teenager’s new best friend. In fact, they even seem to be replacing human contact, and are now how both children and teenagers communicate with each other. Cell phone sales have sky rocketed at an alarming rate, and many of the consumers are under the age of 18, meaning they are still in elementary and high school. Society has influenced students to feel that they need to own a cell phone to be “cool”, thus making the issue of cell phones in the classroom society context vs.... [tags: Cell Phones]
1416 words (4 pages)
- Introduction As everyone knows we are surrounded by the new technology called Cell Phones. Everywhere you look there is someone talking, playing a game, paying a bill or browsing the internet with their cell phones. Even children are well acquainted with tools and amenities of the object. Due to so many facilities provided by mobile phones nowadays, the abundant part of users becomes sightless about the history, the effects in the future and diseases it might cause in our health. The purpose of this research paper is to present how the mobile phones have affected people’s lives and the future use of them.... [tags: Technology and Society]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Are cell phones a harmful distraction to society. With advances in technology today, the demand for better cell phones is skyrocketing. With new technological advancements happening everyday with cell phones, people are starting to depend on a cell phone for everyday task. Although cell phones allow the user to contact friends or family with the touch of a button and allows them to play games in times of boredom. As a result of everyday use, cell phones have affected relationships, the brain, and health.... [tags: effects, social relationships]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- The way we communicate with each other has changed significantly over the past fifty years. We went from face to face interaction to handwritten letters, phone calls, emails, and now in the twenty first century, texting and tweeting via cell phones. Although, cell phones have become a common household product, I would rather not have one because of its physical damages, to your health, high costs and its negative effect on the family and interpersonal relationships. Having a cell phone can have a negative impact on one’s physical health.... [tags: Mobile phone, Mobile phone radiation and health]
1100 words (3.1 pages)