I have been working as a pharmacy technician at a local, independently-owned pharmacy for over two years, since June 2013. This work experience really opened my eyes to how much I can help my community in the future by becoming a pharmacist and serving my local community. My interes...
... middle of paper ...
...cy to serve the public in the best manner I can. I would not hesitate to challenge the status quo to ensure that I have done all I can. I believe that public service, even in the smallest way, can lead to great benefits. I have taken four semesters of Spanish because in Astoria, where I work, there is a large Spanish demographic. My ability to understand Spanish, even if it is elementary, will help me help more patients. In addition, I am majoring in Economics and I believe this will help me interpret the demand of my patients so that I can cater to their needs. Managing a successful pharmacy takes a certain type of business savvy that would require one to balance patient satisfaction and economic growth. I am passionate about a prospective career in pharmacy and becoming a pharmacist is not only my ultimate goal, but is a field that I have already shown promise in.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- According to Tom Freston, American businessman and author, "A career path is rarely a path at all. A more interesting life is usual a more crooked, winding path of missteps, luck and vigorous work. It is almost always a clumsy balance between the things you try to make happen and the things that happen to you." My pharmacy career started when I began working as a pharmacy technician at Rite Aid Pharmacy under the tutelage of a wonderful Pharmacist, who is unrivaled in his profession. When I began college, it was demanding juggling work and school, however, I persevered at work having believed that the more “hands-on experience” I received, the more beneficial it would be in the long run.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Choosing a career path is easy for some people; for others it is one of the hardest decisions. I was the second type of person, having a hard time to discover what I wanted to be in life. I only knew that I wanted to help people and I wanted to be successful. Three years ago, when I came to this country, I found myself struggling even more. I had too many opportunities in front of me and I wanted to make a wise choice. According to Florida laws I had to wait a year before I could study. I needed a job to help my family and I started working for CVS Pharmacy.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- At an Elementary School career day years ago, I witnessed the earliest glimpse of my future. When filling out my career choice in my chicken scratch handwriting, I wrote the word, “farmacist.” My mom works as a pharmacist, and at the time I aspired to grow up to be just like to her. Therefore, when career day rolled around I dressed in a white coat, carrying a large vial full of M&M’s to dispense to my classmates. Now, several years later I find myself applying to Pharmacy School and following in my mother’s footsteps.... [tags: College, High school, Pharmacy, Pharmacist]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- Pharmacy as a career was not always clear to me; my sophomore year of undergraduate studies I knew the route I was on to law school would not fulfill me nor my academic ability as a student. At this crossroads I knew I not only wanted to be challenged in my education, but also utilize my passion to help others. After countless pro/con list and hours of self-reflection I found that pharmacy, as a career, was the perfect fit. As I reflect back on my undergraduate career, I see a variety of experiences and accomplishments that make me a well-rounded applicant and have set in me the right path to have a successful career in pharmacy.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, High school, Patient]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Although it is difficult for me to pinpoint a direct incident that cultivated my passion for the medical field, specifically pharmacy, I know that for as long as I am able to remember I have had an interest in sciences. From a young age, I have always excelled in science based learning, and I credit much of my success to my mom, a physics teacher who encouraged my interests and helped me choose, albeit unintentionally, my education and career paths. As for why I chose pharmacy as my educational path is directly related to my interests in the sciences.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Common cold, Education]
702 words (2 pages)
- GAP ESSAY In most cases, when you ask a kid about what he wants to be when he grows up, he would probably answer a doctor, a lawyer, or an engineer. It is very rare that you would hear a little kid saying that he wants to be a pharmacist. I have to be honest pharmacy wasn’t really something that I dreamed about as a child; it was only in recently that I have developed an appreciation to my chosen field. Like doctors, pharmacists also save lives by providing proper medication to people who are in need.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Apothecary]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- The path I have taken on my journey to pharmacy has not always been clear, it has been riddled with struggles and failures. I hold these failures very closely as they have become a daily reminder that with enough hard work and dedication, one can proceed with true conviction in their actions and find success. Pharmacy has not always been the ultimate goal of mine, but ever since I was young, I always wanted to do my best to help those who did not have the means of helping themselves. Together with my fascination and respect for the sciences, a once clouded path has become clear.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Medicine, Pharmacology]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- I’ve always looked up to Pharmacists in my local community when I was a kid. As a person growing up in California, our local hospital was an hour drive away and people relied on Pharmacists for basic medical inquiries more than they do with doctors. As a premature baby, my immune system had been always weak as a child, and whenever I catch a cold or have a minor fever, my parents took me to Dr. Lin, a local pharmacist who has been in the neighborhood for almost nine years. Dr. Lin would hand me sweets while assuring my concerned parents that I will be alright, and teach me about personal hygiene and how to prevent minor illness.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Hospital]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Pursuing pharmacy as a profession derives deeply from my self-interest in studying pharmacology and medicinal chemistry. While attending a seminar held at the University of Minnesota by Dr. James R. Fuch, I witness the importance of drug kinetics, bioavailability, toxicity and how drugs are administered. It is then that ignited my curiosity into wanting to learn more about applying chemistry into health care and research. After completing a Drug and Alcohol Pharmacology course and attending various medicinal pharmaceutical chemistry seminars, I was self convinced that becoming a clinical research pharmacist is the right career path.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmacist, Medicine]
708 words (2 pages)
- My choice of career in pharmacy Pharmacy, as a profession, is the application of all branches of science to the production of medicinals’ and medicinal products (Shaw et al., 2000, p. 9). Community health, nuclear and retail pharmacy were the areas that I had in mind to pursue. The scope of practice and responsibilities of pharmacists in pharmacy setting differs tremendously either by size of organization or location as there could chain community pharmacy (retail), community health centers, and nuclear pharmacy.... [tags: Pharmacy, Health care, Community Health Center]
1050 words (3 pages)