Pooja, you look absolutely gorgeous… radiant. I saw Salim swell with pride when he saw you today. He is truly a lucky man to have someone so attractive, intelligent, warm and caring. A wife who will be all he could ever wish for, and more.
And my little brother…well well… you’ve finally done it… after 30 years of endless soulsearching… you’ve finally taken the plunge… and admitted that I am really the best man. Thank you for giving in. It’s been a long struggle… and the best man has won. And now I hope you don’t mind if I kick you while you’re down…
I’ve been waiting for this chance for 30 years, and have been building up a portfolio of all the crude, rude and lewd things Salim got up to over the years.
So.. we have a bald filmmaker and a short lawyer getting married… a comedians dream… but I promised salim that I wouldn’t mention the word short or bald in this speech… plus, pooja is actually quite tall… for a 7 year old… Anyways…
Let me tell you a little story… it begins about 5 years ago…
A day I’ll always remember… when Priten, Pooja’s brother, came home to a party which my sister Tasreen held, with his two lifelong loves… Pooja and a bottle of Jack Daniels. We all thought that Pooja was his girlfriend, but as the night progressed, we noticed Priten paying much more attention to Jack… and Pooja was left unattended sitting on the balcony stairs… Salim came onto the scene, baseball cap carefully placed to cover his bald spot, surveyed the terrain and pounced on the stair next to Pooj… Pooja was startled… ‘hi’ Salim said, ‘you have really nice feet’… Pooja’s startled...
... middle of paper ...
...ratulations on the termination of your isolation, and may I express my appreciation of your determination to end the desparation and frustration that has caused you so much consternation in giving you the inspiration to make this unification and bring an accumulation to the population. So as I end my toast to this occasion, and wrap up my salutation, I raise my glass to this combination, and bid good luck to the consummation! So cheers, and on with the celebration!
Now, I’d like to think that Salim chose Sachin and me to be joint best men so that we could both be by his side on his wedding day. But I really think that he only picked us for the wedding photos. Me, so he'd look slimmer, and Sachin, so he'd look taller. You see what I mean in a moment… Sachen has been Salims oldest friend, and is an honorary Keshavjee and has a few words to say… over to you Sachin!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In 1963, a great man delivered a monumental speech, which would be recorded in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of the United States of America. The man was Martin Luther King Jr. The speech was titled I have a dream. This speech was given on August 28, 1963, in Washington D.C., during the March on Washington. Overall this speech was immaculate. It was free of error and free of any logical fallacies. It was a well-rounded and extremely inspiring speech, which addressed the opposition with boldness, honor, and gravity.... [tags: African American, United States]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- I feel overwhelmed with emotions standing here before you this evening. It was only two years ago I remember sitting in this hot gym, on the hard bleachers, as many of you are tonight watching commencement. I was a newly single mother with three children. I had been homeless, had little education and did not have much self-esteem. Ron Wales, an attorney spoke at that commencement. Four months later he was shot and killed. I will always remember his enthusiasm and energetic presence when he spoke here that evening.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Rise and Swim (Welcome to the Grind) Rise and Swim is an inspirational speech on you tube. This is a very interesting and powerful speech. It is an athlete related speech but it not only encourages them but everyone. It claims that if you really want to achieve something, you have to strive for it because there would be lots of different voices in your head that may put you down, but listening to the one voice that says “You got this, you’re ready”, you know then you are on the right path. Everything and anything is possible if you put your heart and mind to it.... [tags: Motivation, Goal, Regulatory Focus Theory]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Thoughtful Wedding Speech by the Groom Ladies and gentlemen: I would like to thank the previous speaker for those sincere words and to the bride's parents for the love that they have both shown me, not only in preparation for today, but from the first moment that we met some two and a half years ago. I dont know who was more surprised that first night when my future wife brought me home without warning, when they were sitting there all ready for bed in their satin bath robes and her dad in his Snoopy slippers.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1782 words (5.1 pages)
- In Martin Luther King entitled, I Have a Dream speech compared to Bernie Sanders entitled, presidential speech have a controversial issues that is being raised in a rhetorical manner. “Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men” (Plato). This is part of the theme in both Martin Luther King and Bernie Sanders speeches. Using Rhetoric, it does not only influence the words, but also the audience. Martin Luther King and Bernie Sanders are both great inspirational leaders that want their audience to hear their voices.... [tags: United States Declaration of Independence]
2663 words (7.6 pages)
- Wedding Speech – Best Man Before I begin with Leon’s character assassination, I should probably introduce myself, as a lot of you don’t know me…my name is Andy. My full name is actually Andy WhatcanIgetyou. For those of you who I meet in the bar later, I’d appreciate it if you could Use my full name. I’d also like to remind you, that the more you laugh at my gags the faster my speech will be delivered…so it’s in your own best interest… I think being a best man can be a very nerve racking experience…(pause)… if there’s one person here this afternoon feeling nervous, apprehensive and queasy about what lies ahead….then it’s probably because you’ve just married Leon.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Wedding Speech - Best Man First I?d like to thank GROOMS NAME for those kind words . some sort of response is probably in order Before I start, if there's anybody here who feels a little nervous and apprehensive, it's probably because you've just got married to GROOMS NAME. I have a bit of an issue to raise, it has come to my attention that there is a bet on about the length of the Best Man's speech.... however I am sure you will all be glad to know that I got wind of this and have put a bet down of an hour, and with the kitty currently at $100 you might as well all settle and enjoy the ride...... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- Best Man Wedding Speech Good Evening everybody...I hope you are all enjoying everything so far...My name is Frank Levy, and I am Rick's Best Man for the evening. I happened to find out that there was a pool going on as to how long my Best Man's speech was going to be, and I was the only one who bought in at 60 minutes, so you might as well all just relax, sit back and enjoy the ride. When Rick first asked me to be a "Best Man", I wasn't really sure what my responsibilities were suppossed to be.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
515 words (1.5 pages)
- Humorous Best Man Speech The hotel management have asked me to ask you not to stand on the tables or chairs during the standing ovation at the end of my speech. Now, I asked around for an idea of how long my speech should last, and the general response was about as long as it takes the groom to make love. So with that in mind, thank you, you have been a wonderful audience. (Sit and then get back up) I think an introduction is worthwhile. For those of you who do not yet know me my name is Whatwouldvouliketodrink.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1962 words (5.6 pages)
- Best Man Wedding Speech This is the first time Kevin's ever brought me dinner and I?m too nervous to eat it. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Kevin's younger brother and my full name is Bobby What are you drinking, so if you see me at the bar later don't hesitate to call me by my full name. Unfortunately every silver lining does have A cloud, and that is that you've all got to listen to me for the next 5 minutes. I'd just like to thank Kevin on behalf of the bridesmaids for his kind words I think you will all agree that they have done a fantastic job today and look absolutely beautiful.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1339 words (3.8 pages)