... middle of paper ...
...s recycling offers to the Earth. Overall, in simpler terms the current situation is the problem of the people underestimating the power of recycling, along with the lack of awareness and reasons to take action to recycle. Therefore, this problem requires a variety of solutions to help bring more attention to the public of the many benefits that recycling offers, and the importance recycling serves to the environment and for their own personal incentives.
Brennan, Jason. "Affluent Magazine - The Authority on Lifestyle." Reasons Why You Should Recycle. Affluent Magazine, n.d. Web. 27 Oct. 2013.
Carper, Tom. "Improving American Recycling Efforts." N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Oct. 2013.
"Recycling Is Important." Recycling Is Important « Recycling Guide. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Oct. 2013.
Walsh, Bryan. "Science & Space." TIME.com. TIME, 11 Apr. 2008. Web. 27 Oct. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Americans produce millions of tons of waste in our communities every day. On trash pick-up days, we push up carts to the curb and workers dump the substances into big trucks and tow it away. I still wonder if some even think where the trash is going and the negative impacts it has. Some people after finishing their meals throw uneaten food, drink cups, and napkins in the same garbage containers. Do they ever think that the more they continue with this habit, the landfills will end up filled. Or they will realize the consequences after these landfills are a few away from their houses.... [tags: Conservation ]
1646 words (4.7 pages)
- In 2009 America alone produced enough garbage to circle the earth 24 times. Now that’s a lot of trash. Did you know that 6% of Jamaicans generate one plastic bottle per day; this gives you about 52 million plastic bottles per year. This is according to the recycling study; “Recovery of plastic bottles for recycling: A study of responsible environmental behavior at the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Kingston, Jamaica. But isn’t there a way to turn that trash into reusable material that would create a clean and sustainable environment.... [tags: environment, garbage]
2462 words (7 pages)
- What if you knew that the world’s safety was literally in your hand. Would you save it. These questions are important to ponder because human beings possess the power to change the environment for the better through the process of recycling. By recycling, one can save the world by helping to reduce hazardous waste that increases the level of harmful greenhouse gases in the environment. The purpose of this report is to define recycling, giving reasons why it is necessary to participate in recycling programs and espousing the steps, roles, and benefits of recycling from both personal and situational (or environmental) standpoints.... [tags: environmental advantages]
2027 words (5.8 pages)
- Everyone knows how to recycle; the used items are placed on the curb, sent to donation centers, and picked up to be used, but many do not have knowledge of where their products go after that. Of course recycled materials can be reused, and reduce pollution and the basic facts that everyone is aware of but how exactly do different items benefit our environment. The facts and statistics shown on how things are recycled and how they help our world prove to be more interesting and beneficial then one would think.... [tags: environment, garbage, polution]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Care for a snack. Try the chocolate bar that comes in recyclable packaging, or maybe pick up a package of sustainable wood-fiber-filled baby diapers, or a no-animal-testing sunscreen, nontoxic spray cleaner, an entry form for a Prius giveaway or a cloth grocery bag for your shopping (Layton, 2014). Many products have become useful in so many ways that not recycling is harmful as well as unwise and uneconomical. There’s not enough room to throw trash all over the place, pollute, and simply not recycle.... [tags: How Recycling Helps the Environment ]
2622 words (7.5 pages)
- I think that requiring people to recycle would make a huge positive impact on the environment and people’s lives. I believe recycling isn’t something people should just consider doing, I believe it is there duty to do it. There are many benefits to recycling including, the reduction in landfill sizes, less pollution occurring from the rotting products in the landfills, less energy consumption, and money saved. The refusal to recycle is not only hurting us as people, it’s hurting the earth, the place we call home.... [tags: Recycling, Landfill, Environmentalism]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
Benefits of Gold Recycle: Preciousness of recycling gold in environmental, economic and humanitarian aspects.
- John Muir, a renowned naturalist, mentioned “Hidden in the glorious wildness like un-mined gold”. However, nowadays this wise saying can be converted to “Hidden in the glorious wildness like un-recycled gold”. Gold producing requires huge amounts of money and causes environmental pollution since the efficiency to extract pure gold from mined one is extremely low and unjust exploitation of labor occurs during the mining process. To prevent these problems, the business of recycling gold was founded and it is rising recently.... [tags: environmental, economic, humanitarian aspects]
625 words (1.8 pages)
- Recycling Benefits: Proposing A Bottle Bill for Arizona Recycling has had a large impact in our community over the past few decades. Rather than throwing all our trash in the garbage can, we, as a community should continue to recycle as much as possible. Not only does it cut down on litter, it can also add to our growing economy, cut down on pollution, and save our raw materials. Arizona currently recycles about sixty percent of its beverage containers, and because only a handful of cities have mandatory recycling programs they are the perfect candidate to experiment with a new recycling program (Bottle-deposit 2).... [tags: Environment Environmental Pollution Preservation]
2189 words (6.3 pages)
- Talking about recycling is easy, actually enforcing the act is a bit harder. As I begin to become more aware of the reasons to recycle, I find myself taking the time to stop and think before I choose the garbage can or recycling bin. In its simplest form recycling is taking used products and instead of discarding them and finding ways to reuse (Strong, 1997).Though the long-term consequences of pollution is unknown, early indicators suggest consequences could devastate many life forms and pose many more health risks.... [tags: Benefits, Persuasive Essay]
708 words (2 pages)
- Shawn Howarter Mr. Cregger English 12 13 october 2017 Is Recycling Helping The Earth Recycling is helping the environment by eliminating waste. Recycling is taking old metal or paper and taking it to a foundry . Giving it back to them to make new products with to save the natural resource that it would take to make it from scratch. If the metal companies had to take and mine for the ore that it takes to make metal they would be hurting the environment a lot worse than what they would by using recycled goods.... [tags: Recycling, Aluminium, Landfill]
803 words (2.3 pages)