I graduated from Springfield High School in 2012, I played 2 sports while there. I played basketball and football on the varsity level all the 4 years. I’ve earned a lot of achievements while playing sports there. When I attended the school I was a 4 year starter in basketball all-conference for both sports. I really enjoyed myself and time it was a great experience and it was good people around me the atmosphere was awesome. Being at that school really helped teach me not to mess around to take school seriously but most importantly the homework is most important it should always come first before anything as a student athlete.
It’s a must that you stay on your P’s and Q’s to exceed at being a student athlete. While being on a sports team you must maintain a certain GPA which means (Grade Point Average) to even be able to play sports during the season. There might be times as where your teacher gives you a lot work and you don’t feel like doing homework assignments or it’s not worth a lot points will start to accumulate and that’s the quickest way to be behind in a class or become ineligible and not able to play.
I had an awful problem with managing my time schedule, being lazy, and just putting assignments off always. Putting homework assignments off as a student athlete is one of the worst thing you can do because you’re not only hurting your own grades you’re jeopardizing and hurting the team. In college its different simple fact you’re not just there for sports. They bring you to the college pay you to come to help further education and to help the school when games. Good student athletes normally generate millions of dollars for the school revenue it does not go in the athlete’s pocket. No...
... middle of paper ...
...look up to athletes as heroes and role model. Everyone grows up wanting to be a college athlete and have stories to tell their children when they get old about their good old days. While this is true, many people don’t know the struggles and hardships that college athletes go through while in trying balance school and life.
You have you to live the life you live. What I mean by that is make smart decisions and be willing to learn enough. High school is a great experience it helps mold you into you’re future and grow up. You want to hit the books hard in high school so when you graduate with good grades you will have no problems in college. Have fun enjoy life but at the same time work hard and know nothing worth having comes easy. I had a great time and experience in high school I wanted to share my experience it really help play a big part in where I’m at today.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- YESTERDAY IS AS TODAY And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” (Matt 26:39, KJV) Could I have traveled to a distant land, an unfamiliar place halfway around the world. Did I somehow journey to a hostile society in a strange culture with a different language, and yet not leave the comfort of my room. And in so doing, encounter the single most significant person in my life.... [tags: Scripture Analysis]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- but surely it 's better than living another two decades like this. Okay... Okay, then. My PA will be in contact to finalise the meeting. Bye. Hello, gorgeous. Take it easy, Mr CEO. I need an update on that... - document. - Whoa. That can wait. Right now, all I want to do is to focus on my beautiful... hot lady. Is that so. Does this answer your question. I thought I 'd surprise you with lunch. It 's your favourite. Nolwazi. I 'm sorry, I didn 't know you 'd be here. - I would 've brought you some too.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2005 singles, 2006 singles]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- The worries of yesterday Eventually, we would have an tyranny without a strong trustworthy constitution. We do not want to recreate exactly what the colonists were trying to avoid and escape from, which was tyranny. Tyranny refers to when a person has a lot of power, and has a lot on their hands, having complete control, and total control. In 1787 a group of delegates from 12 of the 13 states goes together to try to better the country.The constitution was mainly written in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.... [tags: Separation of powers, United States, Legislature]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- The word Democracy has been defined a number of different ways by many people all over the country. This word has also meant different things over the years as things began to change throughout the United States. People in the past had different views on Democracy because life back then was much different than it is today. People realize that they really have a voice and a chance to fight and vote for what they believe in. The television show, “The Voice”, sees democracy as only the people who own an electronic device has the right to vote because there is not another way for people to get their vote in.... [tags: Politics, Democracy]
2043 words (5.8 pages)
- "...a civilization gone with the wind..." the American Civil War did just that, it ended the American way of life forever. Imagine, if you will, a slave auction, human chattel being stripped of their dignity and sold like cattle. This issue divided an entire nation; it divided families, fathers fought against sons, brothers against brothers, cousins against cousins for these beliefs. The negative impact of slavery on American society and America's psyche today is mostly generational; older whites and blacks that grew up in an era of segregation are damaged for life.... [tags: Race in America]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- Technology is everywhere. It is in community phones, computers, and radios. No matter where you go or who you meet, technology will be there. America has become dependant on technology, so much that it has become useful for giving punishments to children. (By taking their phone, music device, or computer away.) Many have grown accustomed, to having internet when and where they want it. However, it wasn’t always like this, not even a decade ago phones were still being created, more developed, and improved.... [tags: Technology Essays]
2013 words (5.8 pages)
- Women all over the world have had to fight to be seen as an equal contributor like a man. Women have certain qualities that allow them to think and act rationally while men strike at the first sign of doubt. A world without women would be useless because women possess the ability to create life and create beauty. Without women there would be no love, no passion, no sanity and no cleanliness. Although women have power to bring life into the world, they also have the power to destroy anything in their path.... [tags: women rule the world]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Child labor, an illegal course of action that increases work rate, production, and most of all, profit. This method of mass-production began in the early years of the Industrial Revolution. A big cause of child labor was the big business owners needed people to work in their factories; they chose children because of their relatively low level of education, lack of knowledge of their human rights, and accepted low pay. The employers should have a responsibility to tell the children their rights, what they’re doing, and what they’re getting for it.... [tags: laws, factories, hazardous]
1523 words (4.4 pages)
- The first major conclusion is that no one is perfect without work and practice, or without taking the right action towards your dream. No one reaches his or her potential unless they are willing to practice their way there. Hard work is the action you demonstrate, the decision you formulate, and the commitment you give to achieving your dream. Hard work is the willingness to do something, with the objective to give it everything that it takes to succeed at doing it. Hard work is the promise you make to yourself from which you refuse to give up and to give your talent all it will take to develop skills.... [tags: Want, Need, Training, Better]
1739 words (5 pages)
- Chances are you are having sex in your relationship. If you aren’t, then you are at least being intimate in some way. Sex is the one thing that we get to share with our partner that we don’t get to share with anyone else (unless, of course, you are into swinging as a couple). Let’s say it this way – expressing love through intimacy is important. If you don’t express love intimately, then you are called friends, and you might as well look for someone else to be in an intimate relationship with. It is our birthright to experience intimacy with someone else, and if you crave it, you should be able to experience it.... [tags: Human sexuality, Sexual intercourse, Femininity]
1481 words (4.2 pages)